FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
ergees 1
Victor Smith 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#339021 - 01/23/08 06:53 AM Re: was it really worth it? [Re: used2b]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
...it never happened, that's why.

#339022 - 01/23/08 09:11 AM Re: was it really worth it? [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Vennificus Offline

Loc: The frozen realms of Kah-Nah-D...
basis of law
do to others as you would have them do to you If your were in their position and they were in yours, abarring necessity.
To judge this, we need to know why he stole the money.
was he just trying to get a pack of smokes? was he out of money on a poker night?
Or was it something more serious, Maybe he had to feed his family by whatever means, unable to get a job, or recently lost his. Upon confrontation he may have become extremely defensive over everything he considered 'his.'

Considering human evolution is based violently on what can survive, your reactions were not out of ordinary. Albiet, you have hurt another human, a crime sure as robbery. Reasons aside, you were not critically damaged by the loss, neither of you were hurt, except by your own overly vicious violence. Also you left the scene of a crime which is illegal in it's own.
As opposed to turn to the authorities who have much to deal with on their own,
You should take it upon yourself to not only make peace with your assailant (having done easily $10 worth of damage)
but also ask him for his reasons behind the robbery. If he has an alchohol problem or the like, direct him to the nearest rehabilitation center. If he has a family to feed, the nearest soup kitchen, or even help him if you can.
You as many humans, (I myself am not innocent) have chosen a violent and wrong path. The people here are attacking your story looking for equillibrium and exchange in your words. They Will gravitate to the conflicts, and slowly pick them apart until it makes perfect sense and they have their opinion formed and proven to themselves.
Always work toward nonviolent peace. Defend yourself now if you must, but remember, We are creatures of law. Equillibrium MUST be observed.

and why did you get a cab after getting off the bus?

#339023 - 01/24/08 11:59 AM Re: was it really worth it? [Re: Vennificus]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Vennifcus - Thats all well and good decomposing asking why something happened to you on the street is for your memoirs or diary or case studies not for realworld during a conflict. 1st hand I've had to defend myself for no reason except being in the wrong place at the wrong time, theres no reason for it really except they think they can get away with it. I guess law transcripts would help, but its hindsight.

I also find trying replay the scenario so that it makes sense or fit reasoning unless its your job or you were a eyewitness is futile. Though its nothing wrong with forming a personal opinion, its just that.

In a conflict like that facts and reasoning will be blurred and objective. Trying to say that a 5' person can't take a cap off a 6'+ man is a assumption, we don't know if he was bend over panting or at that her raised arm can't reach 1+ foot the average girls arm is longer then 18" long. So even if he was standing she could reach some part of it. And even white girls can jump.

It's not up to us decided did it happen, but to aid in his question of was it worth it. Somethings come to us and force us to handle them. It was worth it because he survived, he was victorious imho and his pretty lady was un-injuried, except for being minus $10.

Butterflypalm those were assumptious inquires that could bring questioned. But it wasn't a obvious lie, like he fought the law and he won.

Edited by Neko456 (01/24/08 12:01 PM)

#339024 - 01/24/08 06:48 PM Re: was it really worth it? [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Zach_Zinn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Olympia, WA
Quote:

...it never happened, that's why.

I think you're onto something lol, they never look that cool in real life!

#339025 - 01/25/08 02:33 AM Re: was it really worth it? [Re: Vennificus]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

You should take it upon yourself to not only make peace with your assailant (having done easily $10 worth of damage)
but also ask him for his reasons behind the robbery.

I think the reason that some people do robbery's might be the fact they are what as known as a thief?

Being an alcoholic etc doesnt give anybody the right to be a thief.

If the event took place it was in Canada? From what I have read they do have a Social Assistance Program?
And a shortage of workers?

I dont think asking robbers why they rob is the best way to
avoid trouble. There should be enough charities to aid them if they require help.

Jude

#339026 - 01/25/08 07:02 AM Re: was it really worth it? [Re: Neko456]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Of course those were assumptions, but assumptiuons based on the totality of the whole incident and not just on the hat snatching part alone. There appears to be something wrong in every turn of the "facts" as given.

All I am saying is that I am not convinced it actually happened. Too many unanswered questions. In any case, if the poster merely wanted to put the question whether was it worth it to fight and risk injury to himself, and more importantly to his 5 ft. tall girlfriend, for $10 then just the bare facts would have sufficed; there was really no need to go into all the gory "fighting" detail, especially the part where NOT ONE hit landed on him even while he was taking his shirt off (meaning the thief presumably attempted, but failed) and his hand was so seriously injured (leaving scars mind you) from hitting just the thief's jaw and sides. If the injuries were so serious to his hands, can you imagine what happened to the thief?

And the getting into the taxi (with a bloodied hand) immediately after the "fight" in an intersection, leaving those other motorists who got out of their vehicles with the thief clinched it for me.

NO, it never happened.

#339027 - 01/25/08 11:56 AM Re: was it really worth it? [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Maybe you could be right, but in a fight details can be scattered for the witness and the people involved. Detailed facts are often mixed up. I know people who have described the same incident that I saw and we saw nearly totally different things, when it came to details. Things like that takes some training most times to distinguish the small detail of what,how many,who and where.

As for his hands being bruised or bloodied this quite possible just by strikes to the hard corners and back of the head or teeth, it does take much to bruise or bloody soft hands that are use to being gloved.

I see your point that it did leave some details outs and reason out like getting off the bus and getting into a taxis. But what I gathered from that was a bus you have to wait on and a taxis can be held right away. In some places. Traffic and parking is so congested that a Mass Tran system and taxis are the main source of travel. In places like NYC taxis are used to escape bar incidents and get aways from such violence, them want to be paid they are not concern with why you want to go. Now they are concern with their cab not being blooided but direct pressure will stop most minor bleeding of the hand.

So his short take on his incident was not that far fecthed as far as I'm concern. Why do people tell about their incidents, it is one of the purpose of this forum.
But he should know there will be PIs like Butterflypalm that don't believe bc everything doesn't match up.

Which is what makes this forum so interesting. Believe it or not.

I'd rather hear that then I got my a$$ whipped by a young punk after 10 years of training in my own style, I don't know why; Can anybody give some suggestions. I've read all of Bruce Lee's books....

#339028 - 01/26/08 07:35 AM Re: was it really worth it? [Re: Neko456]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Quote:

I've read all of Bruce Lee's books....

And here's another thing; 95% of books on or about Bruce Lee were not written by the great man himself...and 100% of those were postmortems....

Well, no offense to the poster. Just a way to while away my retirement boredom; I can only play my harmonica for so many minutes a day, and my IMA takes away only 2 hours.

#339029 - 01/27/08 08:36 PM Re: was it really worth it? [Re: jude33]
Vennificus Offline

Loc: The frozen realms of Kah-Nah-D...
Quote:

I think the reason that some people do robbery's might be the fact they are what as known as a thief?

Being an alcoholic etc doesnt give anybody the right to be a thief.

If the event took place it was in Canada? From what I have read they do have a Social Assistance Program?
And a shortage of workers?

I dont think asking robbers why they rob is the best way to
avoid trouble. There should be enough charities to aid them if they require help.

Jude

No he would not have the right, but he would have a reason.
Ever hear the lorem ipsum place holder?
google it. Read what it means (I suggest wikipedia, It gives a slightly clearer translation)

I'm From canada, we have a wokers issue we are indeed in the process of dealing with. and yes we do have charities and other rehab groups. But people usually have too much pride to accept that they are having a problem, (having a problem implies inferiority, the bane of sucsess and thus, the bane of evolution). America has it, Canada has it, Every single country in the world has it. It just takes too much for some people to ask for help. We have a great country (Don't think we're all drunkards just because we have better beer XD) But we still feel the effects of pride, and (considering america is the super power and thusly a superior country) we try to imitate the U.S. in attempts to be 'cool,' a psychological problem that is causing our youth to turn to acts not unlike those portrayed in GTA (regular gamers realize this is not how people actually act, people who just game because it's 'cool' begin to imitate. Crime ensues)

And You wouldn't think asking why would be the best would you because you are completely unsure as to how they would respond. They Have two choices, Either A) yell "none of your business": and go sulk. or b) are completely and totally taken aback at the lack of ferocity in this subtle offence, and get put mentally off balance, similar to using a child's full name. They aren't used to it. I'm no psychologist, but think, what would YOU do if you were asked that question? If out of nowhere, someone you just attacked for whatever reason, simply, and camly (an absence of anger is important, Anger implies frustration, frustration implies a problem, a problem implies weakness, Anger is also the path to the dark side so watch out. ) asked, "why did you steal from me"
in the event they give the NOYB retort, just say (calmly) "you stole from me, it is my business. Why did you steal from me?" Repetition of this kind is uncommon in regualr speech, it forces them to think. Eventually they may become frustrated, so don't repeat to much. After a while of careful persuasion they break down, they may even sit down and voluntairly explain the troubles in their life.

I kinda figured this out when I was in early primrary school. Jordan's been one of my best friends ever scince.
(adults are just children who are aloud to use pointier sticks and real guns)

#339030 - 01/29/08 02:13 AM Re: was it really worth it? [Re: Vennificus]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

It isnt my business to tell anybody what to do or give advise. But here is some. Be carefull of who you deal with.
Drugs and mental illness or just being pure bad are some of the reasons that a person shouldnt approach another person.

Have a look at some of the reported crimes. Might give a better idea.

Jude

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga