FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#336670 - 08/10/05 12:54 PM Re: Matt Furey [Re: imcrazy]
tomh777 Offline

Loc: Metro Detroit
Ya know, I must be doing something wrong...I've been reading these posts on Matt Furey for the past couple of days...and I still ain't anymore flexible(?!?!?). Maybe if we complain more about Matt Furey my flexibility will finally increase.

But that's okay...all press is good press and I'm sure Mr. Furey is laughing all the way to the bank.

By the way, "Has anybody used Combat Stretching?..somebody...anybody?

#336671 - 08/10/05 11:15 PM Re: Matt Furey [Re: tomh777]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
To put an end to this... That letter has nothing to do with Matt Furey's stretching program, it is merely complaining about his skills and instruction in wrestling.

It has no bearing on the current discussion, so cut it out. Everybody.

Also, if you have nothing to comment on Matt Furey's stretching program, then make no comment or start a new thread.

-Joel

#336672 - 08/20/05 03:21 PM Re: Matt Furey [Re: tomh777]
malanr116 Offline

Loc: Indiana
Havn't bought into the combat stretching (129 is a bit much for me too) But even if Matt Furey is a lowlife scumbag, I still bought Combat Conditioning and Combat Abs. (incredibly smart taking out of print material and making it available again) These two books are great, and the exercises really do work.

Since i don't know about the stretching book, i did buy another book. Stretching Scientifically by Thomas Kurtz

http://www.stadion.com

He even has a free newsletter talking about the contents of his book and other studies. Well worth the $25 bucks.

MMA: So while you are at it why don't you start bashing this guy's creditability too? Can't leave him out!

Those who speak, do not know; those who know, speak when asked!

BTW: I think this Bullshido.com website is just a bunch of people that suddenly relized that the WWE or WWF really is fake, and are trying to use the UFC to hide their anguish. hehehehehehe

This guy is a trainer and i think he has a PHD is sports medicine.

Quote:

Ya know, I must be doing something wrong...I've been reading these posts on Matt Furey for the past couple of days...and I still ain't anymore flexible(?!?!?). Maybe if we complain more about Matt Furey my flexibility will finally increase.

But that's okay...all press is good press and I'm sure Mr. Furey is laughing all the way to the bank.

By the way, "Has anybody used Combat Stretching?..somebody...anybody?

Edited by malanr116 (08/20/05 03:29 PM)

#336673 - 08/31/05 11:29 PM Re: Matt Furey [Re: malanr116]
tomh777 Offline

Quote:

Havn't bought into the combat stretching (129 is a bit much for me too) But even if Matt Furey is a lowlife scumbag, I still bought Combat Conditioning and Combat Abs. (incredibly smart taking out of print material and making it available again) These two books are great, and the exercises really do work.

Since i don't know about the stretching book, i did buy another book. Stretching Scientifically by Thomas Kurtz

http://www.stadion.com

He even has a free newsletter talking about the contents of his book and other studies. Well worth the $25 bucks.

Thanks for the info. At this point I think I'll bypass Combat Stretching but since you mentioned it, I've heard nothing but good about Combat Abs so I think I'll take a chance and pick up a copy of that.

Peace

#336674 - 10/07/05 12:57 AM Re: Matt Furey [Re: imcrazy]
chome4 Offline
Stranger

The Furey stuff's free via one of the many download programs around...call it product evaluation!

#336675 - 11/22/05 01:56 AM Re: Matt Furey [Re: tomh777]
CSepulveda Offline
Stranger

Well, this probably be my first and last post here unless asked more especifics on Matt Furey. Seven months ago I sent for his Carpal tunnel exercises and they worked. within a month, I sent for his Stretching exercises and they did work. So far I also ordered the Combat Abs and Combat Conditionnining Books and videos and all of them have worked for me. Thirty pounds later and no back pain, hand/wrist pain(due to carpal tunnel syndrome), or knee pain. And more flexible than when I was 18. BTW, I am 43yo with a long history of back pain and knee pain thanks to the Army. As for credentials and such. I really do not care since those exercises have changed my physique for the best and also my health.

#336676 - 11/22/05 07:03 AM Re: Matt Furey [Re: CSepulveda]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

That is great news! Your comment about the army caught my attention. I am curious, how did the army mess up your back? I served in the Army, and must say I was in pretty good shape while I was in. And, I have Matt Furey's combat conditioning and it was funny that a lot of the stuff in there we used to do for PT. I am curious what is so different between Matt Furey and regular PT in the army?

Respectfully,

- Jason

#336677 - 11/29/05 11:18 PM Re: Matt Furey [Re: CSepulveda]
tomh777 Offline

Yep!! As I've already said Furey's methods cured an ACL tear in my knee. Was it worth 29 bucks?..Hmmm, 29 bucks to learn how to do hindu squats and cure an ACL tear vs. long hours of physical therapy, doctors visits, medical bills, etc. Ya know I just can't fault Mr. Furey for "stealing" the money from a naive fool like me. With any luck, I'll continue to be naive and gladly be giving him more money in the future.

#336678 - 11/30/05 09:15 AM Re: Matt Furey [Re: tomh777]
MikeMartial Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Quote:

Yep!! As I've already said Furey's methods cured an ACL tear in my knee.

So, can you explain the physiology behind this "cure" of an ACL tear? I was under the impression that the only thing that could cure a torn ligament was a surgeon's knife.

#336679 - 12/04/05 08:10 PM Re: Matt Furey [Re: MikeMartial]
tomh777 Offline

MikeMartial,

I stand corrected. I asked my wife about my alledged ACL tear and she just laughed at me and explained that an ACL tear is severe and curable only with surgery (my wife is a physical therapist). She stated that most likely I had something lesser such as an LCL or MCL tear. As far as hindu squats "curing" the ligament tear, most likely what happened was the surrounding ligaments got strengthened by the hindu squats thus compensating for the torn ligaments, rather than "healing" the torn ligaments. Either way, even though my understanding of physiology and anatomy may be off, after walking around several months with a bad knee that tended to pop out and get re-injured, whatever the hindu squats did for me they did it well.

Peace

PS-by the way...did I tell you how hindu squats cured my mental illness, made me a member of the mensa society, made me rich beyond my wildest dreams,gave me great musical skills...and even gave me the ability to buy the Golden Gate Bridge (I was told it should be arriving in the mail within 7-10 working days)?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, WhiteDragon11 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga