FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
AndyLA 1
Matakiant 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#332108 - 04/12/07 03:08 AM Re: Clinching and self-defense [Re: Xibalba]
drgndrew Offline
< a god, > a man.
Enthusiast

Registered: 01/09/05
Posts: 599
Loc: Toowoomba, Qld, Australia
There are some vids out there on you tube etc that shows a second or two of it in action. I won't link them simply because all you will see is the techniques there is no explanation or description. And those like ExCon will will somehow use it as proof it doesn't work (BTW I think he wants his strained carrots).

The instructional video for it is 2 hours long, it has a manual that goes with it and there is another tape that goes with it. You will gain nothing from a few seconds of action. It really has to be felt to be understood.

If people are genuinely wanting to discover the true shredder then ask Rich Dimitri directly via his forum
http://senshido.savi.ca/index.php?sid=ac8bd7fdd0a42bbc284decd7412d438f

Please don't ask me anymore about the concept I am just a fan of it I am not affiliated or linked to Senshido or Rich other then by my belief in his material and as a mate, instead go directly to the source. He is very approachable.
_________________________
Sumo Pacis (Choose Peace)

With Honour in Bushido
Drew Guest
www.ToowoombaSelfDefence.websyte.com.au
Bushi Dojos Self Protection
Toowoomba Self Defence

Top
#332109 - 04/12/07 04:03 AM Re: Clinching and self-defense [Re: Gavin]
drgndrew Offline
< a god, > a man.
Enthusiast

Registered: 01/09/05
Posts: 599
Loc: Toowoomba, Qld, Australia
Gavin you are entitled to your opinion at least you are basing it on the material itself.

I really doubt that you your father or anyone else can continue on without react to a finger being buried into your eye, that is just macho [censored]. (no disrespect intended to your father)

Quote:

That is a fighter, tear at an ear and these guys will rip it off and fight you harder



Yes correct if all i do is tear the ear off. tearing an ear off WILL cause a reaction that reaction is all I need to damaging some other target such as burying my finger into your eye an inch or two and when you react to that I'll already be damaging some other area I also wont be just standing there in one spot I'l be constantly moving disrupting your balance as I go. and frankly I doubt very much you can ignore that kind of stimulation, are you claiming to be some kind of superhuman or have you found some way to turn off 40000 yrs of evolution.

to this I say [censored], I have one question does your dad have both ears, do you?? if so how can you claim you would not react. I bet if I shot you in the head you wouldn't react o die.

[quoteThink of a cornered and injured tiger and then you'll fully appreciate the mindset and mentality you are dealing with.



This is exactly the mindset etc that is used in the shredder, it is a self defence concept meaning you are the cornered tiger not the over confident hunter. part of the shredders effectiveness is because it is behavioral based and it uses the behavioral aspect of the street to launch it.

MY COMMENTS ARE NOTHING TO DO WITH FIGHTING, MY CONCEPTS ARE 100% LIFE AND DEATH.....SURVIVAL. not a street fight but a rape attempt (of to the smartarses out there who want to argue victim against attempted it matters little whether penetration occurred or not, the psychological damage is the same and is far worst then any physical damage,) I'm talking a mugging not a wat ya looking at ego test.

and Gavin my offer was for you to email me if you do not wish to, then don't, but don't go pretending the balls in my caught, if you want to be put in contact then ask me via email. Oh and watch the dvd again Rich doesn't claim he can rip out a trachea he says it as an expression of what you try to do, if you quote some one at least give it proper context.
_________________________
Sumo Pacis (Choose Peace)

With Honour in Bushido
Drew Guest
www.ToowoombaSelfDefence.websyte.com.au
Bushi Dojos Self Protection
Toowoomba Self Defence

Top
#332110 - 04/12/07 04:22 AM Re: Clinching and self-defense [Re: drgndrew]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 05/11/05
Posts: 2267
Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Apologies if the I misquoted.

The ball is in your court matey. At the moment I'm training one of my guys up for a cage match so we are training with people every grappler, kick boxer and thai fighter we can get our hands on, who are all willing to travel. A fair majority of my guys including myself are Doorman so I'm pretty confident our stuff is grounded in a solid skill base. I'm afraid travelling to have a play with someone to prove a point isn't a time worthy aspect. We've had supposed RBSD guys down here before (not senshido admittedly) but they all have ended up uprooted out of their feet and bouncing off walls.

I've got mats, gloves and space to play if anyone wants to visit. If I have to travel, I travel to train with pro fighters and instructors (which I do BTW) and anything else I'm afraid is a waste of my very limited time. Our sessions are open for anyone to attend and my guys are very accommodating.

Whatever I think isn't going to change anything so consider this a notched up victory for senshido against another internet forum wannabe VTG...I can live with that.


Edited by Gavin (04/12/07 04:26 AM)
_________________________
Gavin King
www.SHIKON.COM
Follow me on twitter @taichigav

Top
#332111 - 04/12/07 04:23 AM Re: Clinching and self-defense [Re: drgndrew]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Registered: 03/14/07
Posts: 1539
Quote:

Quote:


drgndrew

Or how about the defender trying to poke the eyes
and not quite getting the target will
make the attacker that angry he now has twice the strength and is in a total uncontrollable rage.?
drgndrew your dreaming with your concept.
There are far better techniques than trying to poke some ones eyes when they are in full throttle trying to take my head off as in tonights sparring session.

The last thing that occurs to me when my sparring partner is in full throttle is to poke the eyes. The only thing that did stop my training partner was a kick to his leg.






You make me laugh Jude, earlier on in this thread you ask " what is this Shredder" now you're an expert on it. Grow up and stop pretending you can match it with the bib boys. you want to learn then show some respect






Quote:



You make me laugh Jude, earlier on in this thread you ask " what is this Shredder" now you're an expert on it. Grow up and stop pretending you can match it with the bib boys. you want to learn then show some








Have you ever heard of what the Americans call playing possum?
It is part of the self defence scene.
Would you you like to go through all the variables
that can be played out that before a physical confrontation?

I thought you taught self defence?



Show some respect? I show respect all the time but what you are trying to sell doesnít get any.
Everything you have come up with untill now seems B/S. Ok try this and maybe you could learn something. I might be new to wrestling but so are majority of strikers. Unless a technique is drilled and drilled it wont work correctly under pressure. How the hell are you going to train the eye poke under pressure? Testicle grab poss . If a person was attacked and the only thing a person has knowledge of is grabbing the testicles or poking the eyes and they come up against some one who is tasty?(tasty as you seemingly wouldnít comprehend given your sales pitch means they can fight) or physicaly stronger they are going to lose. Tell me why would I want to use the only limited techniqis you described when there are others that would work in that specific scenario that I could be drilling? And how do you drill these wondefull techniques? donít get me wrong the techniques are good. After all they have been around since year dot.Its your seemingly #### concept that you guys try to sell that isnít.


Donít drill a technique regular then it is unusable

Sorry John but this has to be said.
I think your talking total rubbish.
The whole concept your coming with is B/S.

Top
#332112 - 04/12/07 07:09 AM Re: Clinching and self-defense [Re: jude33]
drgndrew Offline
< a god, > a man.
Enthusiast

Registered: 01/09/05
Posts: 599
Loc: Toowoomba, Qld, Australia
Jude you are full of it I have met guys like you before, some of them I now call my friends, it would be nice if we could take this course as well.

Now you are playing possum and I now meant to sit back and tremble because you allegedly were playing possum pretending you were not who you are. please you are pathetic I am still making your ego talk and I'm not even trying now. your last post is nothing more then a final attempt to justify you lack of meaningful argument. first you try to degrade me and now the cpncept that I mentioned. all because the only way for your ego to be built higher is to put down those who are better then you. ( i have never said I was BTW)

Infact I was going to post a long reply quoting you etc basically showing you your own stupidity, but I couldn't be bothered.

there is NOTHING that i have said that cannot be proven with scientific analysis, I base my arguments on fact not fiction.

Now run away little boy, put your ninja gi on and tie your headband around your head, because frankly you would not last a day walking in the real world.
I hope this doesn't happen but one day you you may just find out that i was right and you where wrong.

"It had to be said", please who do you think you are your a nobody with nothing to offer, you are trying to team yourself with the big boys by agreeing and carry on there argument even though you really have no idea what your talking about, you have been constantly attacking me personally not what I'm saying. You are the little brother that the older boys have to put up with.

It is not MY concept, and it is not new it has been developed from Automatic responses that came from our cave man days many of the techniques that work well with it are the ones that would have been used by cave men.

Heres a challenge just for you PROOVE that anything that I have said with regard to the shredder, in this thread. is wrong. Truly prove it and don't just speculate, present me with evidence to the contrary.

UNtil then do not talk to me, or even mention my name, I do not want to be associated with you and will ignore any of your threads wether aimed at me or not. would you do me the courtesy of the same as any post I put on this forum will be not in anyway intended for you.

good bye Junior

Quote:

Would you you like to go through all the variables
that can be played out that before a physical confrontation?

I thought you taught self defence?




What the hell do you mean by this? I'm the one that has been saying how important the pre-fight control is. do you actually read the posts????


Edited by Dedicated1 (04/12/07 08:49 AM)

Top
#332113 - 04/12/07 07:21 AM Re: Clinching and self-defense [Re: drgndrew]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 05/11/05
Posts: 2267
Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
MOD HEAD ON!

Let's keep this about concepts and theories rather tossing insults please.

Back on track please. Clinch and Street fighting. My take, foul tactics are part of the game and tools to be utilised. I agree totally with the Shredder mentality of predatory mindset, just don't agree with the way these concepts are utilised within the material that I've seen.

Jude - The science is very very valid, I don't agree with the exact interpretation and the way they train for it, BUT the science is valid. Watching the clips this tactic will work against a large percentage of general and martial arts population. Most people are sheep, some are dressed in wolves clothing, but most are sheep. Dealing with the sheep is easy. Hit them first and hard and it'll be over. I train to deal with wolves.

drgndrew and Jude - Please refrain from personal insults.
_________________________
Gavin King
www.SHIKON.COM
Follow me on twitter @taichigav

Top
#332114 - 04/12/07 07:36 AM Re: Clinching and self-defense [Re: Gavin]
drgndrew Offline
< a god, > a man.
Enthusiast

Registered: 01/09/05
Posts: 599
Loc: Toowoomba, Qld, Australia
no problems Gavin I'll refrain from posting altogether
_________________________
Sumo Pacis (Choose Peace)

With Honour in Bushido
Drew Guest
www.ToowoombaSelfDefence.websyte.com.au
Bushi Dojos Self Protection
Toowoomba Self Defence

Top
#332115 - 04/12/07 08:32 AM Re: Clinching and self-defense [Re: drgndrew]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Registered: 03/14/07
Posts: 1539
Quote:

Jude you are full of it I have met guys like you before, some of them I now call my friends, it would be nice if we could take this course as well.

Now you are playing possum and I now meant to sit back and tremble because you allegedly were playing possum pretending you were not who you are. please you are pathetic I am still making your ego talk and I'm not even trying now. your last post is nothing more then a final attempt to justify you lack of meaningful argument. first you try to degrade me and now the cpncept that I mentioned. all because the only way for your ego to be built higher is to put down those who are better then you. ( i have never said I was BTW)

Infact I was going to post a long reply quoting you etc basically showing you your own stupidity, but I couldn't be bothered.

there is NOTHING that i have said that cannot be proven with scientific analysis, I base my arguments on fact not fiction.

Now run away little boy, put your ninja gi on and tie your headband around your head, because frankly you would not last a day walking in the real world.
I hope this doesn't happen but one day you you may just find out that i was right and you where wrong.

"It had to be said", please who do you think you are your a nobody with nothing to offer, you are trying to team yourself with the big boys by agreeing and carry on there argument even though you really have no idea what your talking about, you have been constantly attacking me personally not what I'm saying. You are the little brother that the older boys have to put up with.

It is not MY concept, and it is not new it has been developed from Automatic responses that came from our cave man days many of the techniques that work well with it are the ones that would have been used by cave men.

Heres a challenge just for you PROOVE that anything that I have said with regard to the shredder, in this thread. is wrong. Truly prove it and don't just speculate, present me with evidence to the contrary.

UNtil then do not talk to me, or even mention my name, I do not want to be associated with you and will ignore any of your threads wether aimed at me or not. would you do me the courtesy of the same as any post I put on this forum will be not in anyway intended for you.

good bye Junior

Quote:

Would you you like to go through all the variables
that can be played out that before a physical confrontation?

I thought you taught self defence?




What the hell do you mean by this? I'm the one that has been saying how important the pre-fight control is. do you actually read the posts????





Junior Jude?
Naaa not sure that has to good a ring. Either way.

Do you honestly think I will bite?

Rise to your what ever it is you wrote ? My ex;s call me worse than that when I have a mind to listen to them.
No said Jude I donít think so.
I am slowly rising above the occasion while practicing mushin.
Here is one for you .If you feel so strongly about your "concept" and seen as I think its B/S and seen as you are trying to sell it ?

This is self defence forum and here they discuss self defence so what do you think of roll playing?.
Here it is.
I have come to you for lessons. You think I am a complete "wus" super wuss even and I have never ever in my own little life been in a confrontation except with keyboard warriors. I can only punch wearing big padded gloves. I wear one of those face protection what ever they call them when I play tag(sparring) and oh yeah my groin protector is so big that the local women swoon. I have protection on my legs when I play tag . I have never taken part in physical conditioning nor has my training partners ever tried to take my head off when things get a bit heated during sparring(sparring?? Tag?) .

My gum shield is customised and not the normal factory fitted job. I need my nice white gleaming teeth for the ladies.(future exís)So how are you going to train me in your concept to use my nashers on some ones anatomy and the other parts of your concept in a self defence situation?
Step by step if you will?

Thoughts?

I think 24 hours would be a good time span.


Edited by Dedicated1 (04/12/07 08:52 AM)

Top
#332116 - 04/12/07 08:53 AM Re: Clinching and self-defense [Re: jude33]
Dedicated1 Offline
Member

Registered: 12/27/05
Posts: 399
Loc: Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Shall we lock this thread, or can you guys play nice?
_________________________
If your in a "Fair Fight", your tactics suck.

Top
#332117 - 04/12/07 12:28 PM Re: Clinching and self-defense [Re: Dedicated1]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Registered: 03/14/07
Posts: 1539
Quote:

Shall we lock this thread, or can you guys play nice?




Play nice and learn about the original idea which was about clinching and self defence.

No longer rising.

Jude

Top
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >


Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 




Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

 



Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga