FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (Nsih), 22 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 10
AndyLA 5
cxt 3
futsaowingchun 3
VDJ 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
Yesterday at 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Recent Posts
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
Yesterday at 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35570 Topics
432472 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#330865 - 03/26/07 04:14 PM depressing story, click at risk
alphawolf Offline

I don't know how old this story is, but i am just hearing about it now and this article is absolutely sickening. This is one of the few times in life i think i would feel justified in gunning down someone. web page

Edited by alphawolf (03/26/07 04:33 PM)

#330866 - 03/26/07 11:20 PM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: alphawolf]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
I think this would be one of the few time, where if a guy walked into Edenfield's house and gunned the whole family down, and burnt the trailer to the ground, I'd actually give him a medal of honor, a knightly rank and probably man of the year status on times magazine.

People like this. . .

-Taison out

#330867 - 03/27/07 01:49 AM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: alphawolf]
Tashigae Offline
Mister Bendy

Loc: Samarobriva, Gallia
Yuk...

"E xin", as they say here.

Makes me want to puke.

And cause a few violent deaths, too.

#330868 - 03/27/07 01:53 AM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: alphawolf]
hugo Offline
Elvis Sharkey

Loc: I am not going to specify that...
Believe it or not, I've heard about worse. From that site too. I know what you mean about feeling justified gunning someone down if they did that, I had a dream where I did something even more violent than that, and it was shocking because in the dream I had full control of what I was doing.

I dreamed somebody molested my 7 year old neighbour, so I drove their head through a window, stabbed them, then beat them to death (I have a not so strong punch so it would be a horrible way to die, as would the other components).

Anyway. There are some sick people out there, and it's no wonder that some parents are paranoid, with sick [censored] like those guys around.

#330869 - 03/27/07 04:10 AM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: hugo]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
What gets me is the continued use of probation when it was apparent that it wasn't working. A set of blunt pinking shears and some trouser lowering would form part of a decent deterrent.

Ironic that the law which made him move might have contributed to the poor lad's death.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#330870 - 03/27/07 07:56 AM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: alphawolf]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Sickening. Unbelieveable that the whole family was involved.

#330871 - 03/27/07 05:57 PM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: alphawolf]
DLove Offline

Thats just plain HORRIBLE.....A tall tree and a short rope would be to good for those animals..

#330872 - 03/27/07 06:32 PM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: alphawolf]
FightingFeet Offline

Loc: Singapore
How can they do this to a kid? This is their own child... Poor thing...

#330873 - 03/27/07 06:48 PM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: FightingFeet]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
Quote:

How can they do this to a kid? This is their own child... Poor thing...

It wasn't their own child. There was a grown son living with his parents and they all participated in one way or another in this sick act. The child was lured into the home on his way to his grandmother's house. Either way something like this should never happen to kids. Good thing I don't make the laws in any country

Casey

#330874 - 03/27/07 09:11 PM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: alphawolf]
budobrubbie Offline

Loc: Northeast U.S.
As someone who has treated sex offenders for the past ten years (and most of them cannot be treated, no matter what the mental health profession says), I strongly advocate for changing the law. Longer prison sentences for first time sex offenders. Depending on the circumstances (level of violence, coercion and intimidation, and age and number of victims, etc.), you could even be locked up for life.

#330875 - 03/27/07 10:57 PM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: budobrubbie]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

Gino,

I trust your expert opinion on the matter.

#330876 - 03/28/07 08:54 AM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: budobrubbie]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
Quote:

As someone who has treated sex offenders for the past ten years (and most of them cannot be treated, no matter what the mental health profession says), I strongly advocate for changing the law. Longer prison sentences for first time sex offenders. Depending on the circumstances (level of violence, coercion and intimidation, and age and number of victims, etc.), you could even be locked up for life.

The thing is that as much as one would hate to admit it, it may not be a mental disorder, but rather just a different way of thinking so therefore it is not treatable like an actual mental health problem would be.

#330877 - 03/28/07 09:14 AM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: clmibb]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

Good thing I don't make the laws in any country

...about time they bring back a 3500 year old law....an eye for an eye...

#330878 - 03/28/07 04:00 PM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
budobrubbie Offline

Thanks Oldman, but I'm hardly an expert. And although pedophilia actually is a mental disorder, I know what you guys mean. Some behaviors and attitudes develop as a result of environmental, cultural and educational deprivation, and this entire family's deviance substaniates that position. This family has probably been abusing each other, as well as people outside the family, for many years. With pedophiles, it's all a metter of power and control. And there is no treatment, because there's very little motivation to change. For example, imagine that heterosexuality is now a felony offense, even punishable by years of prison, and someone was trying to convince you to stop engaging in that form of sexual behavior. Think you could?

#330879 - 03/28/07 04:14 PM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: budobrubbie]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

For example, imagine that heterosexuality is now a felony offense, even punishable by years of prison, and someone was trying to convince you to stop engaging in that form of sexual behavior. Think you could?

My wife seems to think I could.

I'm currently living in a half way house...

I can't convince her to go all the way.

Thank you ... Thank you . You've been a great audience

Just a little comic relief guys.

#330880 - 03/28/07 04:25 PM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: budobrubbie]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Very good point.

Wow, I have to say I'm amazed at reading this but I'm not. My wife is a big crime buff and horrors like this and worse I've heard, read and seen on TV. The death penalty is too good for these people and they should be made to suffer. Instead of harming innocent animals for testing they should use trash like this. Or perhaps do disease testing like Aids or something. As far as I'm concerned by doing this they took away any humanity they had and therefore no longer fit a human's profile and therefore they have no rights and should become the property of the state to do with how they feel. Appalling ... poor child ... poor poor child. I will shed a tear for him.

#330881 - 03/28/07 05:01 PM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: budobrubbie]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
I'm not oldman!....Or am I?

Anyway, I was thinking that from a psycological point of view, within a average, modern western family you have certain societal expectations, one being that if you are married (as the average 'family' would be), then you do not engage with sexual activity with anyone other than to whom you are married to, plus the other expectation of never having sexual interacton with children as this is often frowned upon, plus the will to raise the child as best as you can into a decent person which subconsciously ingrains the role of 'parent'.
All these factors are taken in subconsciously and prevents any 'will' being directed towards the child.
However, there are stories of parents and children being seperated for years due to some court ruling where the child is put into foster care or adopted, only to meet again when the law no longer prevents the child contacting their parents, they meet up and then get it on...

Why is this? I think it could possibly be because they don't see eachother as relatives, they know they are technically, they have the paper work to prove it.
But they don't subconsciously see it that way becuase they have not lived or grown together as parent and child, as far as they are concerned they are just two conscenting adults who happen to have the same last name.
I know this does not directly go hand in hand with pedophilia, but it's just giving an example of point of view VS psycological disorder.

Recently I read that the recently concieved "children loving community" (pedophiles) are trying to justify their "sexuality" to be on par with that of the GLBT community (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender community), meaning that they wish to be acknowleged to being "born like it" just as the GLBT community has been, rather than having a "mental disorder".
This has caused quite the uproar in both the straight and GLBT communities since unlike straight and GLBT relationships who's participants are both 'adult' and 'conscenting' people who are mature enough to make their own decisions (etc), one of the parties involved is a young child who is too young to understand what's truly going on.

The Straight and GLBT communities also fear that should the pedophiles be acknowledged as such, then this may pave the way for the law to be changed in their favour, meaning our children could be in a 'LEGAL' relationship with a pedophile.

Now thaankfully it seems that no such acknowledgment will be given in the foreseeable future, but the issue did raise some questions about the morales on which the refusal was based upon, for example, suppose that the pedophiles were right in that they were born like they were and didn't have any kind of mental condition.
Could it then be that we could be committing crimes against them? That we are persecuting them for being themselves just as society did the GLBT communtity?

Regardless of the case, it doesn't change the fact that there are innoent children involved, so worries of that.

And about the power and control issue, does this count as a mental condition?

I have heard cases of guys who claim to be 100% straight commit rape crimes against other men because they were openly gay, this type of thing was thought to be an issue of power and control, not a sexual issue, just a sadistic mans of expessing their resentment for somthing outside their understanding.

#330882 - 03/29/07 08:41 AM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: Dereck]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Dereck, while I agree with you, I still deem it bad for karma to treat them the same way they treated someone else. Imagine if I was the scientist who carried out those experiments, would I be any better than those people except I have the backing of the government?

It's a bit of an issue here. Are executioners murderers? Some deem so, some don't.

For me, those people deserve nothing than to be treated like an object, and just put so much misery that nothing can compare with it. Ever.

-Taison out

#330883 - 03/29/07 11:42 AM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: Taison]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

I brought the article home for my wife and she knew immediately about this and when she started relating what she seen/heard I believe there were a few F-Bombs used. You have to understand my wife is one of those nice people that is always happy and life never seems to get them down. She is the happiest and nicest person I know so when she starts talking like this then you know she is moved.

#330884 - 03/29/07 05:04 PM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
budobrubbie Offline

Can't believe I'm talking shop on a martial arts forum. Most of these pedophiles try to BS or intimidate us in therapy, but we have our tricks of the trade, as well. You'll be pleased to know that, in prison, pedophiles are absolute lowest of the low and usually get their come-uppance from the general prison population. Either that, or solitary confinement for the duration of their term. Rent the movie "Short Eyes", it was filmed in the Tombs in NYC, you'll get some vicarious pleasure from that film. Dauragon - Interesting post. Haven't read much about estranged parent-child sexual relationships, unless that relationship existed before the separation. Usually, from the offending adult's perspective, they justify their actions by claiming that they're "teaching" the child about sex and intimacy, and some other nonsense. The abused child will tell you that he/she receives tenderness, attention and affection from an adult, and it makes some of them feel special. Of course, this is one of the sadder dynamics, and illustrates the thinking errors these people actually have. Speaking of thinking errors, you mentioned "child-loving communities" and one of the most infamous is the North American Man-Boy Love Association (NAMBLA); they'll really make your skin crawl. The members use all of the thinking errors common to sex offenders, to justify why society should not only tolerate, but APPROVE of their actions. They even have regular meetings in some of the larger cities here in the US. Now, don't go down there to kick their a$$, guys.

#330885 - 03/29/07 05:17 PM Re: depressing story, click at risk [Re: budobrubbie]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

I thought that was a joke on South Park; to think something like that actual exists Why couldn't Timothy McVeigh have bombed this building instead?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga