FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
ergees 3
futsaowingchun 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#330405 - 03/03/08 10:07 AM Re: Stomach 5 [Re: underdog]
kyushoperson Offline

Loc: North England
Hi

Gavin was the former mod I was refering to?

The points regarding the diuranal cycle etc were obviously for him.

You can look back to his posts see if im right, then ask him if he believes in all that stuff now if you like?

No you're wrong again, ST5 is not a mental foramen?

It does not come out of a hole it lies in a groove which Ive named previously.

It is this place which is designated ST5.

Get a medical dictionary, the nerve lies in the facial artery groove.

It comes up from the neck across the facial artery groove and over onto the face.

The poor guy probably couldnt find it because you said it was in a hole, it is not.

Gav talked about the cycles etc which are irrelevent and you dont know body anatomy.

As someone who does kyusho I dont agree with people who dont know what they're on about making it up and putting it oput as fact.

If you dont know something as basic as what ST5 is anatomically your grades are worthless.

What difference does it make who reads it student or expert if your wrong your wrong?

tc

H

Edited by kyushoperson (03/03/08 10:26 AM)

#330406 - 03/03/08 11:39 AM Re: Stomach 5 [Re: kyushoperson]
underdog Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mansfield, MA U.S.A.
I never said St 5 was the mental foramen. There are many foramen. The mental foramen is very much forward of stomach 5. It is inferior and medial to St 4. Groove/hole. Feels the same to someone trying to find it. To quote the Qdex I have right here, "Anerior to the angle of the mandible, on the anterior border of the attached portion of the masseter muscle, in the groove-like depression appearing when the cheek is bulged." That is my last word on the subject. Hereafter, I declare you correct in all things. You can argue by yourself. Ask the administrator if you can be the new PP moderator. They need one.

#330407 - 03/03/08 11:48 AM Re: Stomach 5 [Re: kyushoperson]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Hi Hel, (hope you don't mind me calling you that...just presuming coz you called me Gav. I'm assuming we're mates!)

I think you really should go back and actually read what I wrote. I think you'll find I put it up as something for discussion, not as gospel truth....much the same as my stuff now. If I remember you correctly weren't you being extremely vocal but not exactly forthcoming with much information yourself previously. In fact, if I remember correctly didn't you used to be KyushoGUY....now your a person called Helen (reading your profile)? I'll apologise if my memories a bit fuzzy, or you're not Kyushoguy....otherwise I hope there wasn't any post op problems?

Quote:

You can look back to his posts see if im right, then ask him if he believes in all that stuff now if you like?

I think the Shen and Ko cycles are uncannily scarily accurate as is the Chinese clock in terms of tracking energetic changes that manifest physically within the human physiology. Have never advocated in Martial Terms, have asked about them out of curiosity and even shared some of my thoughts and reading at the time....unlike you though I've never promoted myself as someone wot does Kyusho. Would you mind sharing with the class your qualifications as a person wot does Kyusho? I don't remember seeing too many Goju syllabuses with Kyusho as a requirement.

Anyway opinions change as we grow and progress through our lives....well, unless you're an idiot! Ciao!

Gav

PS. This should be fun!!!

Edited by Gavin (03/03/08 12:17 PM)

#330408 - 03/03/08 11:58 AM Re: Stomach 5 [Re: Gavin]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Also found the thread that I mentioned all this stuff in. God I did say I t'was an expert didn't I!

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...part=1&vc=1

#330409 - 03/03/08 12:00 PM Re: Stomach 5 [Re: Gavin]
underdog Offline
Veteran

I stand corrected that St 5 is not a foramen. It feels like a wide hole but it doesn't go through so it is only a groove. I know how to find it and I know how to hit it and I know how to teach others to do the same.

#330410 - 03/04/08 10:56 AM Re: Stomach 5 [Re: underdog]
Ives Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: the Netherlands

#330411 - 03/04/08 11:57 AM Re: Stomach 5 [Re: kyushoperson]
kyushoperson Offline

Loc: North England
Hi

Gavin your post is too surreal to give creadence to.

Underdog after all the BS and argueing you looked it up and found i was right lol

Maybe you should do that before starting a thread in future?

I'll leave you guys to it.

TC

Helen (a girl)

#330412 - 03/04/08 12:58 PM Re: Stomach 5 [Re: kyushoperson]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

well, there is this in the opening post which was right on the money:
"A KO is possible if the point is either hit hard enough, or properly set up."

yep, I agree with that, except I'd add that doing BOTH of those things are the ideal. boxers do it all the time - it's called: targeting the chin area. done. thats all you need to know. After you know that, the rest of the time can be spent training and not studying ancient spiritual maps which were altered post-WW2 by overlaying them on western anatomy maps. I could take a astronomical star chart and do the same thing - wouldn't change the fact that boxers can KO each other with gloves on by training to create openings, hit hard and target general areas like the chin.

the rest is new-age fluff, IMO.

#330413 - 03/04/08 02:46 PM Re: Stomach 5 [Re: kyushoperson]
underdog Offline
Veteran

I'll eat the humble pie on that one.

With 30+ years of experience which is more than twice my experience, consider asking to be moderator for PP. I think it runs more smoothly with a moderator. The problem is that there aren't many people posting here that are serious about PP study. There are beginners and a lot of people who want to trash it. This seems odd to me. I wouldn't go on another specialty forum to trash what they do, what is so amusing about trashing pressure point study? Anyway, you are probably thicker skinned than me. It got to me after awhile as the forum continued to go downhill.

For the record, it wasn't your correction that provoked me. While I should have not logged on that day for other reasons, and responsibility for my short temper rests with me, it was the generalizations and statements about what I believe and false summary statements about what I had said that got to me. A simple correction would have made me look up the simple fact in my book and apologize. That is what I did a couple hours later after nap time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga