FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
William_Bent 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#329732 - 03/20/07 11:43 AM Have you experienced violence?
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Have you experienced violence in your life? What age were you? Where did it happen? Did you start it? Please respond.
Have you experienced violence?
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 03/20/07 11:43 AM
View the results of this poll.
What age were you?
Multiple choices allowed

Where did it happen?
Multiple choices allowed

Did you initiate it or was it unprovoked?
Multiple choices allowed

Your gender?
Only one choice allowed

Multiple attackers?
Multiple choices allowed

#329733 - 03/20/07 01:19 PM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: MattJ]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Experienced Violence = Yes
What Age = Young Adult
Where Did It Happen = Bar; Company Christmas Parts & Other; Acreage Party
Did you Initiate it = No came to the aid of co-works & friends
Multiple Attackers = Yes

I will also go on the records for saying that I've also experienced violence due to stupidity and looking for fights as a young adult 19 - 21 years old. Driving around calling insults out at people and if they responded stopping the vehicle and getting out and beating that person up. Or driving around downtown looking for people to thump for the hell of it. Both stupid and thankfully I grew up.

#329734 - 03/20/07 01:55 PM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: Dereck]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
Experinced violence - Yes
What age - Youth, Teens
Where did it happen - Home
Did you initiate it - No
Mulitple attackers - No

Mine were mostly with my older sister (it goes WAY beyond sibling rivalry). She pulled a gun on me when I was 6 and a knife on me when I was 15. Both times were over stupid things like I changed the tv channel when she was "watching" a program (she wasn't even in the room). the other time was because some friends and I came home from the neighborhood park and stopped by my house to get something to drink. My mom didn't want a bunch of kids at the house while she was gone. My sister gets huffy and tells everyone to leave and I told her that we were going to get some water first and cool down a bit and then we were going to leave. She took out one of my dad's filet knives and starts to point it at me. I tell my friends to get out of the house and that I would deal with her. After a few minutes she calmed down and I left and went to my aunt's house (also in the same neighborhood) until my mom got home. Neither time a single punch was thrown, just talked my way out of it. She moved out shortly after that and I haven't lived under the same roof as her in over 10 years.

Casey

#329735 - 03/20/07 02:48 PM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: clmibb]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
What age - Young Adult
Where did it happen - Pool Hall
Did you initiate it - No
Mulitple attackers - No

Shooting pool with a friend and I was a friend of the owners. She (the owner) was having trouble with a patron who had been drinking too much. SHe had asked him to keep it down on several occasions but to no avail. When he began causing problems with people shooting games around him, she was going to put him out. She knew that my friend and I were both MA's and asked me if I would back her up. I said yes.

Since by this point he had become threatening toward her and some of the other patrons, she approached him with a night stick in her hand and told him he had to leave. He grabbed the night stick and I grabbed him. He tried to use his free arm, the arm closest to me, to elbow me in the face. I caught his elbow and pulled his arms across his body so that I had them crossed in front but I had both his wrists behind him as I pushed him through the doors from behind. I simply told him to leave and gave him a mild shove up the sidewalk. He took the hint and did not come back.

#329736 - 03/20/07 03:56 PM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: Dereck]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

Experienced Violence = Yes
What Age = Young Adult
Where Did It Happen = Bar; Company Christmas Parts & Other; Acreage Party
Did you Initiate it = No came to the aid of co-works & friends
Multiple Attackers = Yes

I will also go on the records for saying that I've also experienced violence due to stupidity and looking for fights as a young adult 19 - 21 years old. Driving around calling insults out at people and if they responded stopping the vehicle and getting out and beating that person up. Or driving around downtown looking for people to thump for the hell of it. Both stupid and thankfully I grew up.

Just to add to this, I left out any youth fights which I was in a lot. When I lived in Manitoba up until 9 years old I was an over active child that constantly got into fights that I mostly started. I had to see a guidance councilor and a psychiatrist and was stuck on Ritalin, and that was in the early 70's. When I moved to Alberta however I wasn't on any medication and didn't see anybody and I was not as tough as I thought I was and lost just as many as I won. At the age of 14 I got a distaste for fighting and only had maybe 2 fights from 14 to 19.

As an adult at 38 I still have a distaste for fighting and hope I never have to however I have a thirst for competition fighting but that is probably as I know I can tap out whereas in a real life encounter there is no such thing. Back when I was younger you could basically tap out by giving up or lying there in your blood but not now a days.

For the above my very last fight was at a company Christmas party and was about 2001 and I was 33. My cloths got destroyed. My face bounced off a cabs door handle opening a gash above my eye and my hands were like meat and were extremely sore for weeks afterwards ... and I came out on top. Definitely not worth it, though I only came to the aid of a friend who actually started it all. And with past fights of having stitches, a nose operation to fix a deviated septum, bruised ribs and black eyes and broken noses ... definitely not something I strive for nor want. I grew up and hope I never have to do anything like this unless it is to defend myself or others.

#329737 - 03/20/07 05:37 PM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: Dereck]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
How unfortunate. I was able to respond yes to every question.

#329738 - 03/21/07 10:44 AM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: Chen Zen]
swseibukan Offline

Loc: Lakewood, Colorado
Checked all but two. Senior and female.

Patience my ass Im going to kill something

#329739 - 03/21/07 10:50 AM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: swseibukan]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
Checked all but two. Senior and male.

Quote:

Checked all but two. Senior and female.

On the 'Other' category...I wonder what that entails? Does military experience fall into that...or under 'Work'? I mean, 'experiencing violence'...it's pretty broad. From domestic to workplace to wartime, and from the mental to the physical.

#329740 - 03/21/07 11:08 AM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: harlan]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Interesting to note that mulitple attackers are at about 50% in the poll curently. That's a bit higher than I would have expected.

I am also interested to see what the "other" places are.

#329741 - 03/21/07 11:42 AM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: MattJ]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
What age - Teens, Young adult
Where did it happen - Restuarant, ghetto/slums of Bangkok
Did you initiate it - No
Mulitple attackers - No

First one I've already told in another part of the forum regarding my client.

The other ones I was witness to and once got involved. Nothing I want to talk about though besides it was stupid and bloody. I don't like bump-fights, and I generally put people that do so in this category; Idiots.

If you want to fight, join a boxing gym, not an illegal 'fight-club'. Let's just say, I got involved only once, and instantly developed a distaste for this type of fighting.

I'm a very peacefull person. I follow Buddhas teaching of 'non-aggressiveness' but if forced to, you'll see a demon unleashed in me.

-Taison out

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga