FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#329772 - 01/22/08 06:13 PM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: MattJ]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Bump for the new folks.

#329773 - 01/23/08 04:03 PM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: MattJ]
sunspots Offline
oldtimer/newbie
Enthusiast

Loc: Southern Oregon, USA
Have I experienced violence? Yep, I HAD a husband who liked to take out any frustration of his on me. He's the reason I started MA, so in a weird way, I guess I owe the #@%$& one. But I told my teacher once I'd like to see the guy try any of his crap on my now. My teacher said he'd like to see that too.

#329774 - 01/23/08 05:20 PM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: MattJ]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Quote:

Have you experienced violence in your life? What age were you? Where did it happen? Did you start it? Please respond.

Yes I've personally experience violence, been violently battered and assaulted. For numerous different reasons, some because they were bigger, had numbers just were meaner.

Most of the aggressive actions happened to me personally between the age 7-35 years. As a kid and thru out my teens it was mostly a bully or bullies or older people acting out against what they thought were weaker people or a person they don't like. In my late 20s-35 It was drunks, adults bullies,gangs,thugs,gambler, drug addicts and pimps/hustlers, domestic disputes and violent criminals that either had a problem with me or the job I was hired to do.

As a kid it happen in the neighborhood, just because. As a teen it happen because I was out of the neighborhood, maybe because of a friendly wager, or I was different or just because. This occured in schools, bars/clubs, back yards or walking down the street.

I hardly ever started any of the fights, can't remember many if any that I started. I probably started 1 or 2 because I wasn't a saint by along shot as a kid or teen. If battered as a child you will batter as you grow older until you learn better.

I am a male born in the USA.

Multiple attacks from about 9 until adulthood, or until I stop hanging out at the wrong place with wrong people at the wrong time. Some people just say they are your friend.
Kinda like the Die Hard movie, come on down, we can relax, have a couple drink, laugh cry and BS, then all hell breaks out and you're all alone neck deep in sh%^ !!

Edited by Neko456 (01/23/08 05:30 PM)

#329775 - 01/23/08 06:10 PM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: Zombie Zero]
Vennificus Offline

Loc: The frozen realms of Kah-Nah-D...
I used to be a weak nerd with anger issues. I was a bully MAGNET.

now I'm just a weak nerd, I've resolved my anger.

#329776 - 01/23/08 06:16 PM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: Neko456]
JMWcorwin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SoCal, USA
Quote:

Multiple attacks from about 9 until adulthood, or until I stop hanging out at the wrong place with wrong people at the wrong time.

That's almost always the main factor in the difference between those that get in fights and those that don't. No fight to be had if you're not there to participate. Leave your ego at home and don't go to those places where everyone knows some one or many people will be looking to flex theirs.

#329777 - 01/26/08 04:19 PM Re: Have you experienced violence? [Re: CatnPhx]
TKD_X Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: HERE
wow i saw like 3 people that answered no. i've never been in a fight. there are only 2 situations where i could even begin to imagine myself in a fight. 1. someone attacks me 2. someone attacks family, friends, or someone who just does not deserve it. Completely passive until one of those two happen.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga