FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 15
cxt 8
trevek 6
futsaowingchun 3
JKogas 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Yesterday at 12:01 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432457 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#329718 - 07/02/07 05:11 AM Re: Homeowner has "right to resist" LEO's [Re: Bushi_no_ki]
Hapkid0ist Offline

Loc: Hollyhood, Ca.
When a police officer breaks the law, he in turn becomes a criminal to some degree. The badge, uniform and gun do not make this any different. What makes it different is the mentality and mindset of fellow law enforcement personnel, attorneys and judges. As a cop in Va, we had an officer who was corrupt. The Commonwealth Attorney even told the Police Chief that he would never try a case that this officer brought forth. So what happened, this cop was put behind a desk, given a promotion to Lieutenant and a pay-raise, not fired and arrested. The fact is when a citizen gets involved with an officer the legal system most times makes the assumption that the cop is correct based solely on he or she being a cop. They are considered to be more credible that the general public and themselves believe that they have rights above the general public. And in many situations, unless an officer's conduct/wrong doing is brought before the public, then any actions against them will likely be minimal or light.
Many cops bank on the fact that the average citizen does not know the law. They use this to their advantage when dealing with the public.
Example: A friend and I went out for a drink a while back. He was pulled over for suspected DUI. As he was being tested the other officer came to the passenger side and began demanding info and ID from me. He was in no way being polite or professional. In my opinion anyways. I sat there looked at him and asked him why, was he planning on charging me with anything. He asked me if I had done anything illegal. I told him that I was nothing more than a passenger and that as a prior cop myself I was just ensuring to protect myself and my rights. This is when his attitude change 180. I was able to get out of the car and even speak with my friend for 20 min before they took him to booking. The fact is when they thought that I was an ignorant citizen, they chose to treat me one way. Yet when they realized that I knew better, they treated me different and afforded my courtesies that I know they would not have done before hand. And to top it all off, when we went to court to hear the judge, (I was there for moral support) the pros. atty said that in the officers statement that my friend had pulled in front of a city bus. Yet it was 230 in the morning and the buses had stopped running and if this was a fact, then they chose to wait and tail us for 5 min before pulling us over. Even though he had apparently, recklessly pulled out in front of a bus.
The fact is not all cops are bad, but not all are good either, and they will take advantage of you just as quickly as anyone else.

#329719 - 07/03/07 01:35 AM Re: Homeowner has "right to resist" LEO's [Re: Hapkid0ist]
ExCon Offline
There is no plan C

Quote:

When a police officer breaks the law, he in turn becomes a criminal to some degree. The badge, uniform and gun do not make this any different. What makes it different is the mentality and mindset of fellow law enforcement personnel, attorneys and judges.

Quote:

The fact is when a citizen gets involved with an officer the legal system most times makes the assumption that the cop is correct based solely on he or she being a cop. They are considered to be more credible that the general public and themselves believe that they have rights above the general public. And in many situations, unless an officer's conduct/wrong doing is brought before the public, then any actions against them will likely be minimal or light.

Quote:

Many cops bank on the fact that the average citizen does not know the law. They use this to their advantage when dealing with the public.

Quote:

The fact is not all cops are bad, but not all are good either, and they will take advantage of you just as quickly as anyone else.

Good points Hapkid0ist

#329720 - 07/12/07 11:13 PM Re: Homeowner has "right to resist" LEO's [Re: ExCon]
Bushi_no_ki Offline
Veteran

Loc: POM, Monterey CA
An excellent situation to point out in this thread would be Abu Ghraib. I just spent a month in field training, and we had all sorts of briefings and classes regarding civilians in country. I had a couple of chances to put such things to the test. One of the things is to always verify who you're dealing with. The other is that we are not to go out "guns blazing" every time we face an unknown vehicle. The third is to not hesitate to use force when necessary. My platoon did good, with only one glitch the entire time. That would be the lack of force when necessary. I got a good comment for making sure I properly ID'ed a target before firing. Being a good cop is like being a good soldier. You stay within the rules, but you are always willing to use the force necessary to do your job. And when off duty, you behave as if you're off duty, which is to say, another "civilian" on the streets. Even if you are doing something job related.

#329721 - 07/13/07 01:54 PM Re: Homeowner has "right to resist" LEO's [Re: Bushi_no_ki]
Midnightcrawler Offline
Dragon

Loc: England
I don't know if the homeowner has the 'right to resist' in the UK. Does anybody else know?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga