FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#329086 - 06/11/07 01:34 PM Re: 'Inner Demons' [Re: 1stSun]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Hmm. .

I say, just let me show him that MA is BS, and beat him to a bloody pulp, hospitalize him for a couple of months, and see whether or not all that bodybuilding helped. If you want to learn to strike, you strike. If you want big muscles, you hit the gym. You don't strike harder/better by having big muscles. You gain them from hard training.

Oh, I just forgot one little thing. I'll never view anyone like that as a friend. They deserve to burn in hell and rot for all eternity.

So basically, for his own safety, he better not suddenly appear infront of me, or he might just regret it.

Why did I ever give into this anger? Because it's quite simple. Opinions are only valid if properly re-inforced.

I walked away, leaving him breathing and happy. That's already a big favor. He's lucky, I'm not proving my point with the blunt end of my knuckles.

He's a pathetic human being who is more or less insecure about himself, and thus justifies himself by looking down on other people when in all reality he ain't [censored]. Simple as that. No need to go into philosophy just to answer that simple problem.

I've already taken my revenge. Basically, he's probably sitting in his little room pumping his biceps and studying for the third year, while, I'm sitting here counting money in thousands, and considering if I should buy another armani suit or not for my graduation.

My sweet little revenge is that I have proven him wrong by doing two things, being better than him, and showing self-control and self-security. I don't need to look down on people to be proud of myself, and unlike him, I don't beg my dad for money. I make more than I can spend.

-Taison out

#329087 - 06/11/07 05:12 PM Re: 'Inner Demons' [Re: Taison]
Demonologist437 Offline

Loc: Hodunk, Illinios
Honestly while I'm not really for giving into strong emotions, I'd say good sir Taison handled himself well.

Honestly, you just cannot believe that type until you meet them. Feller I ran into managed to insult myself and two of my very good and very talented martial artist friends(one of whom I happen to be learning Chinese Martial Art under, so that practically counts as starting beef with teacher...)
because the three of us do not train soley by sparring in the backyard. He's basically extremly lucky that it was during finals and that frusration and insult was drowned out.

Still, you just cannot believe it until you see it. Kudos, Mr. Taison, for not going all Tom Clancy on that feller.

#329088 - 06/30/07 03:18 AM Re: 'Inner Demons' [Re: Demonologist437]
FightingSpirit Offline

"Opinions are only valid if properly re-inforced"
Last time I checked hanging people for being black didn't seem to be all too "properly" re-inforced.

It takes a strong man to hit someone's leg so hard as to break it, yet it takes a far stronger man to walk away with a broken leg.

I can relate with your anger. I have long hair(which may not seem like a huge issue, but to some people..) I get called names by my family and friends everyday.My parents call me a ... idiot for having them. Perhaps their justified, perhaps not.

Yeah it hurts to get insulted and to walk away. Yet by not giving in to his namecalling, you've already beaten him at his own game.

Be confident in who you are, because other's can't live your life for you.

And please reconsider your harsh feelings towards this man. Perhaps one day he will reconsider his actions as well.

#329089 - 07/02/07 02:47 AM Re: 'Inner Demons' [Re: FightingSpirit]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Opinion are only valid if re-inforced. I'm not racist and thus won't talk about hanging people for who they are, but look at it this way~

1500 years ago, everyone knew the earth was the centre of the universe. 1000 years ago, everyone knew that the earth was flat. 500 years ago everyone knew that everything was made up of 5 elements. 250 years ago everyone knew that heavier objects fell faster than light objects.

Now why were those opinion valid? They were properly re-inforced. You questioned those answers, you'd either have a very angry pope hell-bent on your destruction OR you'd proven wrong. With the end of a sharp object.

My harsh feeling is like the eternal flames of hell. As long as I draw breath, as long as I wake up every waking morning, this grudge will never fail as long as he draws breath. It's hard for me to hate people, but when I do, there's no redemption for them. Ever.

-Taison out

#329090 - 07/02/07 03:39 PM Re: 'Inner Demons' [Re: Taison]
FightingSpirit Offline

Perhaps one drop at a time will help put out the eternal flames of hell

Thanks for clarifying your statement.

As for beliefs being valid if re-inforced, you are correct in saying that society usually determines which beliefs are valid or not. But we all have some beliefs which we don't share and will have those beliefs whether or not society says so. So even if we do not share those beliefs, and society does not determine them, they can still be valid. Case in point : God.

You said yourself that you did not believe in talking about racism, wouldn't that mean that your beliefs are not valid?

In essence we re-inforce our own beliefs, do we not?

------------------------------------------------------------
this is what i like about martial artists, they are more open-minded than other people

#329091 - 07/06/07 07:33 PM Re: 'Inner Demons' [Re: Taison]
Ames Offline
Veteran

It seems you've dealt with this pretty well. Just to throw my two cents in: I've dealt with this kind of person many, many times.

When it comes to guys like this, I think it's pretty obvious what's going on. He is very insecure. He's a bodybuilder, attempting to cover up for some perceived deficit, either mental or physical. Classic 'alpha male' behavior. He has to keep you in 'your place'.

In the end, I think the Buddhist thing to do is to try and look at him with compassion. This person is so insecure, he has to gossip about you when you're not around. You're a threat to him. By him dropping to the level he has, he's already lost. He's lost far more than he would if you beat him up.

On the other hand, there is nothing particularly Buddhist about sitting there and listening to him insult you, make you look like a fool, etc. That's what's called 'stupid compassion', like giving a drunk begging for money in front of the bar money for a drink.

I'm saying you have to beat him senseless. I'm not even saying you need to touch him. But you also don't have to let him get away with talking cr4p behind you're back, or to your face, or to your girl.

Then again, I've never been a good Buddhist....

--Chris

#329092 - 10/21/07 07:21 AM Re: 'Inner Demons' [Re: Taison]
BurningUpstairs Offline

When I read the OP, I keep thinking that the problem here is dealing with insults and personal attacks, and then people talking behind your back.

Dealing with this is obviously something you need to work on. There are tons of areas where you can expect to meet behaviour like that. The core of the problem won't go away by kicking the *** out of one fellow.

As for being a liar, I wonder why you felt the need to talk about what you do and your belts anyway.

If that buddhism stuff cuts off your tounge and renders you vulnerable to everyday malice, then I'd say drop the religion and start defending yourself verbally, or pack some smart sarcastic comments. These can mostly be learned from books, and yes they do exist in swedish, dainish, norwegian as well.

You don't have to be superintelligent to hit back at people insulting you, if you can demask an insult, it is pretty much solved anyway.

#329093 - 10/21/07 07:37 AM Re: 'Inner Demons' [Re: Taison]
BurningUpstairs Offline

Quote:

Why did I ever give into this anger? Because it's quite simple. Opinions are only valid if properly re-inforced.

I like corn flakes. Is that a valid statement, or do I have to fight you first for it to be true?

Which "opinions" of yours are re-inforced by beating up this minority complex ridden bodybuilder?

If you are belittled by this piece of crap eye-to-eye, then what about reinforcing your disapproval by saying:

"why are you telling me that?"
"nice"
"uh-huh" rolling eyes
"I read last night that steroids can cause heart failure. Obviously it can cause brain failure as well"
etc etc etc.

If you find him with common friends:
"Now, what have you told them about me this time?"
"...no I never told him this and that. I don't know why he is telling stuff like that about me, but perhaps it has something to do with me pointing out that too much weightlifting might be the reason why his cock is that tiny"

The world is filled with a$$holes and [censored]. But you are the one not coming to grips with that, and thinking of resorting to violence. That, in my book, is called a weak person. Build yourself stronger, damnit.

#329094 - 10/30/07 11:50 AM Re: 'Inner Demons' [Re: BurningUpstairs]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
I can understand and relate to Taison's position having been there myself and I did down play it and resolve it on my terms in what I felt was an acceptable and gratifying manner but it bother's me that the responisbility to deal with this and other idiot's behavior falls on us. When does personal accountability come into play. If you open your mouth wide enough, sooner or later someone's going to put something in it, like a fist.

No, I am not adovcating violence. Confrontation, yes, violence, no. To simply ignore someone like this and their behavior is, to me, unacceptable. Isn't it they who should be taught to grow? Should it be that person who has to become a better person? If you have one individual who is constantly being abusive and ignorant to not just you but others as well, when does the responsibility become theirs to account for their actions?

Confrontations and interventions can take place without violence. Sometimes simply a little embarrassment in front of others does the trick. In any case, at some point in time or another, someone has to stand up to the bully to let him know there can be a price to pay for being a bully, even as an adult.

#329095 - 11/04/07 07:20 AM Re: 'Inner Demons' [Re: RazorFoot]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Long time I haven't been on this thread.

I can barely remember what he looks like now.

Oh well, hopefully he's choking on steroids now.

-Taison out

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga