FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 4
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
Today at 10:15 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432453 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#327790 - 04/12/07 04:14 AM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Shadowtitan]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
We better get ourselves off the topic of Christianity as the majority of the forums are christians and some aren't really tolerable to discuss or question their belief like I am about Buddhism.

But in my honest opinion, I can rape, murder, burn and steal and still be Christian. Just that I have to accept that by doing those sins I will be overlooked by god, and probably burn in hell for it, which sucks.

A lot of criminals might not follow the ten commandments, but they can still believe in god and Christ. Don't see any reason why breaking a commandment would disqualify them of their belief.

"Damn, I murdered someone, now I gotta change religion!"

Doesn't quite work that way, don't you agree?

As for Longinus, he didn't kill Jesus Christ, he merely stabbed him to check if he was dead or not. And as he stabbed Jesus, Jesus bled water and blood, which is a phenomenon. The spear Longinus used was then henceforth known as the Spear of Destiny, or Spear of Longinus. Many have sought to aqcuire this artifact as it is said that it can increase your power tenfolds and grant you immortality. There are loads of replicas in the world. One is in Austria, one in Germany, one in USA and if I remember right, one is in the UK. The replicas might not be the real one, but they're pretty pretty expensive I can say.

Now, who said Christianity doesn't have mysticism?

-Taison out

#327791 - 04/12/07 12:46 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Taison]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Ever hear of the 'Gnostics'? Those were Christian mystics.Andwhat happened to getting of christianity? Listen to your own rules! lol
I want immortality! ha ha
Christianity does kind of leave room to do what you want and still be saved becuase you can just keep asking forgiveness and if yo uare saved God or Jesus will overlook your sins but most Christians would say if you use it like that you were never a true christian in the first place.
I don't know it gets complicated.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#327792 - 04/13/07 08:51 AM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Stormdragon]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
I don't think christianity has a monopoloy on killing, murdering etc and yet still proclaiming a belief. Buddhism, Taoism, and all the others have their own fair share.

Christianity does have mysticism. Carmelite mysticism for one. The Eastern Orthodox also has mystical practises.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#327793 - 04/13/07 11:47 AM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: trevek]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
You think I can rub elbows with both Azrael and Lucifer to avoid, you know, death and afterlife and all that stuff.

You see, I don't want to get burned for all eternity nor locked up in some gruesome chamber in darkness for all eternity.

-Taison out

#327794 - 04/13/07 12:11 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Taison]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

But in my honest opinion, I can rape, murder, burn and steal and still be Christian

...did you have a Crusader in mind?

Quote:

The spear Longinus used was then henceforth known as the Spear of Destiny, or Spear of Longinus. Many have sought to aqcuire this artifact as it is said that it can increase your power tenfolds and grant you immortality

If that's true, Longinus (the original owner) himself would be alive today and be the longest serving President of any country.

Quote:

Now, who said Christianity doesn't have mysticism

...do not confuse 'superstition' with 'mysticism'

BTW, since Buddhism and Taoism are not religions, how did these get into the discussion?

#327795 - 04/13/07 12:20 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: ButterflyPalm]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
Don't know. But to continue the derail (as long as the mod isn't looking... ): referring back to Trevek's post...Buddhists killing? That's odd.

Quote:

[BTW, since Buddhism and Taoism are not religions, how did these get into the discussion?

And, yes, Christianity does have this stream. It's just been diverted and oppressed.

Quote:

...do not confuse 'superstition' with 'mysticism'

#327796 - 04/13/07 01:02 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: harlan]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

And, yes, Christianity does have this stream. It's just been diverted and oppressed

I was rumored that Jesus went to India during His "lost" years and studied Yogic meditation and these were taught in secret initiations to selected disciples. Its mentioned somewhere in the New Testament; not the Yogic meditation, but the secret initiations. So there were 'secrets' even back then, and like all secrets, there die just as secretly. And since no one really knew what it actually was all about, it was oppressed, and it became labelled as 'mysticism'

#327797 - 04/13/07 01:20 PM Non-hostile religion talk [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
What really bakes your noodle are the lost 'apocropha' books of the Bible. I have most if not all I think (unless there's a few I don't know about) and they are certainly unusual. Another guy named Jesus who was a scholar of those ancient times I think said that there really is no afterlife but we should be good anyway and focus on living in this life well. Another part I believe says about how Jesus (christ) supposedly said that people would not go to hell for all eternity but could get out eventually but no to tell anyone or they would do whatever they liked. (apparently that was told to one apostle or something).
Interesting stuff, true or not. Christianity does have genuine mysticism which I noticed especially when I went to some of the older churches in jerusalem for example the greek orthodox church or eastern orthodox ( I think).
Interesting stuff indeed.

Edited by Stormdragon (04/13/07 01:20 PM)
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#327798 - 04/13/07 01:29 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: harlan]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#327799 - 04/13/07 03:35 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: trevek]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

back again,

here's a couple more:

http://www.sanskritboy.net/2004/01/15/buddhist_violence_in_sri_lanka.html
http://www.bodydharma.org/choices/violence/sivaraksa.html
http://www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/slrv.htm

Now I'm certainly not saying that the violence was 'faith/belief' driven, but if you consider that many Buddhist or Taoist nations had strong empires, I'm sure they never got these through meditation alone.

I'm not suggesting the nature of any faith or belief is responsible for violence either.What I'm considering is that in each faith there seems to be a point where violence can be justified to either an individual or a group.

Interestingly warriors are often considered a high caste, such as in India, but they are responsible for killing. Shaolin monks for example were formidable warriors but responsible for violence.

Presumably at some point the nature of violence must be settled within oneself to allow one to live with it or to allow one to flow with oneself.

Edited by trevek (04/13/07 03:55 PM)

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga