FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BUJU, Pilsungkarate, ALF, old1, Leonar
22928 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ronin1966 3
futsaowingchun 2
ergees 2
GojuRyuboy13 2
cxt 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Forum Stats
22928 Members
36 Forums
35584 Topics
432513 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#327750 - 03/13/07 03:34 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Stormdragon]
Shadowtitan Offline

Loc: UK
Theres alot of reasons why puberty is so difficult, and you have found one, have fun finding and experiancing the rest!

#327751 - 03/13/07 09:10 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Shadowtitan]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Ha ha very funny.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#327752 - 03/13/07 11:14 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Stormdragon]
Joe7987 Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Quote:

Hmm, interesting. I guess maybe part of my problem I think is that I don't know who I really 'Am' I mean I have put on so many false persona's that now trying to find my own identity is an issue. I mean how do you do THAT?

The truth is... you are who you think you are. If you put on many false persona's, that is a part of who you are. You are how you think, act, and feel. There is nothing more.

#327753 - 03/14/07 01:38 AM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Shadowtitan]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Wanna feel the sharp edge of the "ban bat"?

Just kidding dude, but do keep these puberty jokes at a minimum please.

-Taison out

#327754 - 03/14/07 12:20 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Taison]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

It was pretty funny though.
Anyway, so 'self' or 'I' is an illusion? Is that what Zen people they mean by that?
We just are. At any moment we just are. Interesting and kind of makes sense.
There is no objective 'self' just different aspects of how we behave.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#327755 - 03/14/07 02:38 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Stormdragon]
jkdwarrior Offline

Loc: belfast, Antrim, Ireland
Quote:

It was pretty funny though.
Anyway, so 'self' or 'I' is an illusion? Is that what Zen people they mean by that?
We just are. At any moment we just are. Interesting and kind of makes sense.
There is no objective 'self' just different aspects of how we behave.

Bhudda would disagree with this. I've read several of the Dali Lama's books and he suggests that we have to live in the moment in order to be who we really are. The difficult thing about this is that we have to give up everything we think we know about ourselves so that we can just be.

People DO have many different faces, but that is only from fear of being who they really are because of what society thinks will of them. We only have one way we truly behave naturally, it's just that things manipulate us into acting differently, mainly our own emotions and insecurities.

I agree that there is no objective self, everything we think is only an illusion, its in our heads. The real world is right here, in front of your computer. Look around the room you're in. This is the only reality, it's just so difficult to live in it because our minds are continually analysing and comparing. We are constantly somewhere else in our imaginations, but in the moment is where all the peace is and where everything will just flow. If you're worried that you're not being yourself, then you most certainly won't be because of this worry, it causes you to act differently. Becoming aware of the here and now is what zen meditation is all about.

#327756 - 03/14/07 03:24 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: jkdwarrior]
Shadowtitan Offline

So when your angry your the same as when you are happy? when im angry im usally quiter and tend to be colder to people, when im tired i hardly say anything to anyone but when im happy im more enthusiastic and can be a bit annoying. they are differnt personas created or brought on by mood i wouldent say im not acting like myself thouge. acting differntly around differnt people is what i would class as fake or a persona that is put on for society's sake. but we all do it genrally when we meet new people we want to make a good impression. also i dont think the way you act when you are alone is your real self, its just part of you. We cant just act one way becuse its just not possible, even an animal acts differnt when trying to find/impress a potential mate, is that a fake persona?
So to summirize everything the way we act alone or in differnt social situations is part of our real self the way you act in a social situation is the way you act under slight pressure.

I contradict myself in that but what i mean is if i had to class something as a fake persona etc it would be the way we act when meeting new people.

#327757 - 03/14/07 05:02 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Shadowtitan]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

I guess those are just different facets of 'Us'.
Some of these facets are just more negative than others and dangerous at times (I.E. any facets ruled by fear).
Some are of negative values and some are of positive but all are aspects of who we are and i na way we all share the same ones-and in a way we dont.
We just are. We are the sum of everythign we have experienced and thats it. An extension of that is that we are never the same. At the core we have a foundation of personality charachteristics based on genetics/physiology, but everything outside of that is the sum of 'nurture' or environmental influences. We are a combination of 'nature' and nurture. the ratio is the question. How much of each...

#327758 - 03/14/07 06:22 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Stormdragon]
Shadowtitan Offline

I think personality is solely enviromental the only reason people might have the characteristics of there parents is becuse they have been brought up by them.

#327759 - 03/14/07 06:40 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Shadowtitan]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Actually no that is very false. Virtually all modern research in psychology and genetics point to the fact that at least some part of our psychology and behavior is decided by genetics and biology. It's a nonegotiable fact. Thats why we have people with mental disorders who need medication.
I have obsessive compulsive disorder and tourettes syndrome, and always have since I can remember. All the cognitive therapy I have done while helping a bit, has not come even close to curing me and actually medication only helps marginally. now if it was environmental I could deal with it, as others who develope OCD from streesful situations eventually and usually overcoem it fully but if you're born with it like me you cant. And I've had doctors say it is definitely the wiring of the brain, not a life experience. It is natural and still influences my thinking.
It is genetic.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga