FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
ergees 1
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#327740 - 03/11/07 08:25 PM How do you be natural? How do you flow?
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
How do you do all this and be 'formless' or 'shapeless' and live with no inhibitions or obstructions to your 'flow' in life?
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#327741 - 03/11/07 09:12 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Stormdragon]
grumbleweed Offline

Greene king IPA.

#327742 - 03/12/07 07:38 AM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Stormdragon]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Be relaxed, calm and think things through. Be it MA, work, driving or partying. When is enough enough?

When I talk to new people, I smile, I make them smile and treat them as if I've known them for years. Although it may be a mask it works.

In sparring, I treat the dangers as natural. I'm relaxed and take things as they come. I don't plan 100 steps. If I see an opening, I take it and hopefully I'll win.

I date a girl. I treat her like a friend. I'm relaxed and don't really care if I impress her or not (except one girl I'm crazy about). I ask her number, she says "why don't you give me yours", I just smile and say "nevermind then" and walk away. She'll give you the phone number if she's interested.

How do I do it? Just be relaxed and take as things come. No need to plan it all out. I flow with the "life-stream", and usually let the stream take me where it wants.

But! It doesn't mean I'm greedy or ambitious. Nope, I'm greedy like an ogre. The 5c! Car, Condo, Cash, Capital, Career.

Be like water my friend, and let things happen as they happen, no need to direct your course.

-Taison out (drowning in the life stream)

#327743 - 03/12/07 09:27 AM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Stormdragon]
jkdwarrior Offline

Loc: belfast, Antrim, Ireland
I agree with Taison. Just relax. Emotions can be blinding.
Regarding the being fake when meeting people, use this in all areas at first. In other words fake it until it comes naturally. If you pretend to yourself that you don't care, then after a while you really learn not to.

#327744 - 03/12/07 01:01 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: jkdwarrior]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Hmm, interesting. I guess maybe part of my problem I think is that I don't know who I really 'Am' I mean I have put on so many false persona's that now trying to find my own identity is an issue. I mean how do you do THAT?
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#327745 - 03/12/07 01:43 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Stormdragon]
Shadowtitan Offline

Loc: UK
By growing up.
so genrally after puberty.

#327746 - 03/12/07 03:14 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Shadowtitan]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Good point.

#327747 - 03/13/07 02:40 AM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Stormdragon]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Who are you?

No idea. You have to find that out yourself.

Who am I?

I am one of many personas. On the forum, I'm the Kid Taison. Goofy, aloof, or downright retarded sometimes.

At work or university, I'm the social Taison who helps everyone.

At the dojo, I'm known only as "that sadistic freak" (I love making people squirm, it's fun).

At home, I'm the loner who loves listening to heavy metal.

Be yourself. That's what you should strive for. Be who you are at that moment. Even if it's a complete lie, if you are who you think you are, you are.

I don't encourage lying, but because I don't lie, many think I do lie of who I am. So what's the point in not lying when they don't believe me anyways? But in all seriousness, I don't lie. I am who I am and people don't believe me because I'm just that great being who have found a purpose in life and they're just jealous I'm able to accomplish what they'll only dream off.

Storm, be who you are and don't care what other think you are. Let the moment carry you and adapt to that moment, and be who you are at that moment.

I understand your mood swings. Unlike you, I'm very very emo. So emo infact, if you went up to me and starting joking about my beer belly, you might end up unconscious on the floor. Now, who has a worse mood swing? Count to 10, and think of green grass, blue sky, yellow flower. That should help with your mood swings, and dont reflect on stuff too much at night. Get your sleep and be one with the moment.

Storm, if you need help, I'm here. Although I might be the opposite of a psychatrist (a psychopath), I understand your situation most of the time.

-Taison out

#327748 - 03/13/07 07:03 AM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: Stormdragon]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Quote:

Hmm, interesting. I guess maybe part of my problem I think is that I don't know who I really 'Am' I mean I have put on so many false persona's that now trying to find my own identity is an issue. I mean how do you do THAT?

Maybe these false personas were really extensions of who you are. How do you know otherwise?

At your age, your identity is still forming and you're experimenting to find it. Don't worry so much about it and just let go of any desire for results.

-John

#327749 - 03/13/07 03:27 PM Re: How do you be natural? How do you flow? [Re: JKogas]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

You know I think I might jsut analyse a little too much and need to stop forcing issues and let it all come on it's own. And thats true, I am young enough that I am still developing and so it's almost impossible to try and pin anything down.
Taison- We shall become very good friends...muahahahahahaha...yeah I'm a bit psycho to.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga