FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#326616 - 03/07/07 12:18 AM omg no way 300!!
jc4199 Offline

Loc: Pevely, MO U.S.A
This is two days out of my life. I try to eat like this but I am always hungry and if I stray I cheat big and often. 3 big Macs and still feel hungry

Monday
6:25 am Breakfast chicken sandwich 1 liter of water and a hard boiled egg 12 oz diet mountain dew
8:30- 10:00 am 1 liter of water
12:00 1 tin of tuna 3 slices of bread 12 oz diet mountain dew 24 oz water
2:00-3:00 1 liter of water
4:00- 5:30 1 liter of water
6:00 dinner 2 biscuits and a bowl of soup. 12 oz diet mountain dew
6:45-9:00 1 liter of water
9:00 hand full of baked lays chips about

Am did 15 push ups 30 crunches and stretching
Pm did 25 push ups 27 crunches rolled shins and arms.

Tuesday
6:00 - 10:00am 1 liter of water 12 oz diet mt. dew
11:00 am Bean burrito 1 liter water
11:45-6:00 pm 2 liters of water
6:00 Pm 2 chicken sandwich 24 oz water
9:00 pm handful of pretzels 1 liter water

Did not any exercise due to class tonight but missed class due to sickness in the family

I also have found that I crave salty foods over sweets

I got on a scale Friday night and found that I am closing in on the 300 pound mark I am 5 foot 9 inches tall. Pant size is about a 43. I need to do something drastic before I end up killing my self.

I like I said I am always hungry I am thinking about going to see a doctor about it.

Any thoughts

Edited by jc4199 (03/07/07 12:24 AM)

#326617 - 03/07/07 01:15 AM Re: omg no way 300!! [Re: jc4199]
UofM Shorin Ryu Offline
Resident Forum Breakdancer

Quote:

I like I said I am always hungry I am thinking about going to see a doctor about it.

Right on the money. That's what doctors are there for, and he'll know what specifics you need better than anyone else here. He/She is also better equiped to tell you if your weight is a factor you can consciously control or not.

Things you can try without doctor advice:
Cut down (or out) on the sugary pops like Mt. Dew.
Completely cut out Fast Foods.

Others will be able to give better advice than I, but those are the "Red Flags" I noticed.

#326618 - 03/07/07 01:29 AM Re: omg no way 300!! [Re: jc4199]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Things that jump out at me are that you have poor eating habits. Crunches and push-ups are great but for where you are in your life you need to work off the weight with cardio. I also question if you are drinking too much water?

I would go see a doctor and/or dietitian ... who your doctor may send you to. Take in less calories, cut out pop, cut out sweets and salty delights. Eat balanced meals that have plenty of colors and are proportioned properly. Never eat till you are full and if hungry then most certainly drink water ... but don't over do it as too much water is not good for you either. Never eat late at night. You must become disciplined and want this otherwise it is for not. Know it will be hard work and you will need to buy into it because if you are not then don't expect changes.

I feel for you and wish you the best.

#326619 - 03/07/07 05:00 AM Re: omg no way 300!! [Re: jc4199]
ThomsonsPier Offline

Loc: Reading, UK
I don't see much in the way of fresh fruit and vegetables in there. Adding them to your diet will bulk it out ad make you feel fuller.

War. It's fan-tastic!

#326620 - 03/07/07 05:54 AM Re: omg no way 300!! [Re: ThomsonsPier]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: California
Definitely check with a doctor about this right away.

I'd say:
-Ditch the sugary drinks, the only thing you should be drinking is water (3 litres, roughly 13 cups daily). Instead of drinking 1 litre of water at a time, always have a cup of water by your side wherever you are and sip from it throughout the day. Ditch the junk food; healthy, whole foods taste better anyway.
http://health.howstuffworks.com/usda-weight-loss-tips.htm
-Get yourself into daily cardio for at least half an hour a day (wake up earlier if necessary and do it in the morning) and move to HIIT when your joints can cope with it. Do something you find fun, that way you'll stick to it.
-Buy a cheap notebook and use it as a food and exercise journal. Write down everything you eat from now on and monitor the calories of everything that goes into your mouth. Cut down on high calorie foods. Also, find out the GI of the foods you're eating and only eat high GI foods around the time you exercise. If you can, start a photo journal too. Take photographs of your whole body from the front and side, only wearing shorts, weekly. This way you'll know for sure that you're losing fat. Taking waist measurements is also a good idea. Don't bother with measuring scales, your weight is not a good indication of your bodyfat levels and you could be losing water weight, rather than fat when you see those numbers go down.
-IMPORTANT: Don't starve yourself, this will cause you to retain your bodyfat because your body will go into starvation mode and if it does, you'll put on all the weight you've lost through diet and exercise. This is the reason why your two days don't last, it's impossible to eat that little on a daily basis, given your bodyweight. GET REAL, eat a healthy amount for your bodyweight, at 300 lbs, you should probably consume something like 3100-3300 kCal daily to lose weight (this amount will reduce when you lose weight). Eating less than this is unrealistic will only cause you to retain your current bodyfat. You've got to learn how to eat healthily and sensibly. You can eat in such a way that you'll feel satisfied with what you eat and you won't feel hungry. Eating more vegetables and more lean meat is the way to go. Switch to whole grain (not "whole meal", "multi-grain", "stone-ground", "100% wheat", "cracked wheat", "seven-grain" or "bran") foods and cut your carbs down to approximately 30% of what you eat. I'd suggest getting most of your carbs through vegetables and oats (no sugar added).
(I got the daily calorie requirement from the book "Nutrient Timing" by John Ivy Ph.D. and Robert Portman Ph.D., which is roughly your bodyfat in lbs * 11 (for men) kCal daily)
http://www.healthcastle.com/whole-grains.shtml
-This is a change of LIFESTYLE. You must understand that if you change the way you eat and your schedule to exercise, it will be for the rest of your life. Many people have trouble coming to terms with this and that's why they end up quitting halfway to their goal. Don't let that happen to you, either you're going to change the way you live for the rest of your life or it's not going to change at all.
-Make an effort to WALK everywhere you can. I mean this, I walk 20 minutes into town and 20 minutes back every day for groceries, lectures, etc. If you can't walk, get a bicycle. Also, take the stairs instead of using a lift. Simple things like these expend calories which can make a big difference in the long run.
-Realise that this is a VERY IMPORTANT decision you've made to get back to a healthy weight and you are definitely right for making it. Do not go back on your decision no matter what, there are many people who admire this kind of decisiveness and when you do manage to lose the weight, it will reflect greatly on your character. Write down all of the reasons why you want to lose the extra fat on a big piece of cardboard and blue-tack it onto the wall opposite your bed so you see it every day when you wake up.
-For motivation, get yourself a copy of Oprah's new DVD and watch the "weight" section of the DVD (I'm not an Oprah fan but the "weight" section is amazing).

If you're serious about losing weight, you'll do at least what I said above.

P.S. I'm not a health professional, what I've said is based on my own reading and you should see a doctor about this immediately to discuss what I've said and what other people here say.

Also, please post us a REAL daily consumption, not some special sequence which you prepared for us. You've indicated that this is not how you normally eat. The only person you're fooling by posting these two days is yourself.

Edited by Leo_E_49 (03/07/07 06:17 AM)

#326621 - 03/07/07 11:05 AM Re: omg no way 300!! [Re: jc4199]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
You are drinking a ridiculous amount of water in relation to your exertion. Also, just downing a litre of water is crazy, moderate both the volume and duration over which you take your water. Its a stretch, but you could be flushing vitamins, minerals and salts out of your system by the way you are drinking. a need for vit/mins/salts can create cravings- that is why pregnant women get food specific cravings, the body instinctively knows where to find certain nutrients and triggers your demand for them.

As for the rest of your eating- biscuits and soup? bean burrito's? your eating is attrocious. You need to get back to basics.

Every meal choose a protein, a carbohydrate and a vegetable from the following lists. Have lots of the veg, a good helping of the carb, and a slightly smaller amount of the protein. Eat 3 meals a day, evenly spaced, with a mid morning and mid afternoon 'top up' of fresh fruit of your choice. DO NOT count calories nor try and start on reduced portions, eat heartily and work on re-educating yourself on your relationship with food.

Protein.
skinless poultry/fish/lean red meat/low fat dairy

Carbohydrates.
Rice/wholegrain bread/pasta/potatoes

Vegetables.
Please dont make me type out what a vegetable is.

Dont add salt or sauces to your meals at all at this stage.

Yes it takes preparation, no it is not as much fun as wolfing down burgers; but if you want to drop from a 43 inch waist and have better health and self image, then its a small price to pay.

#326622 - 03/07/07 11:16 AM Re: omg no way 300!! [Re: Cord]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote by Cord -

Quote:

You are drinking a ridiculous amount of water in relation to your exertion. Also, just downing a litre of water is crazy, moderate both the volume and duration over which you take your water. Its a stretch, but you could be flushing vitamins, minerals and salts out of your system by the way you are drinking. a need for vit/mins/salts can create cravings

While I am not a nutritionist by any stretch of the imagination, I would agree with Cord that it seems like you are over-hydrating. Do you "crave" this amount of water or are you forcing yourself? If you are forcing it, you may be "flushing out" the very nutrients you need. If you crave this amount of water, see a doctor. You may have an underlying problem like diabetes.

#326623 - 03/07/07 11:36 AM Re: omg no way 300!! [Re: Cord]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

DO NOT count calories nor try and start on reduced portions, eat heartily and work on re-educating yourself on your relationship with food.

The reason why a lot of people over-eat is because they don't know how much is healthy to eat. Hence my assertion that he should at least come to an understanding of what a healthy diet feels like. Unless you happen to be on a healthy diet in the first place or have a dietician handy, counting calories can be helpful to most people, as long as they don't obsess about it. To each their own I suppose...

#326624 - 03/07/07 01:47 PM Re: omg no way 300!! [Re: Leo_E_49]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

[
The reason why a lot of people over-eat is because they don't know how much is healthy to eat. Hence my assertion that he should at least come to an understanding of what a healthy diet feels like. Unless you happen to be on a healthy diet in the first place or have a dietician handy, counting calories can be helpful to most people, as long as they don't obsess about it. To each their own I suppose...

How does counting calories help further knowledge of healthy nutrition? feel free to explain.

If you eat a healthy diet, it will be, by default, lower in fat, and thus less energy rich (double the energy per gram in fats as in protein/carbs). the thread maker clearly has not got a firm understanding on the basic foundation of what constitutes balanced eating. Get the right foods in place first, make it habitual, and see what improvements come from this most important first step. Then its about adjusting portions if necessary once the basics are firmly in place. Changing your eating habits totaly is a huge undertaking, and requires concerted effort. At this stage counting cals is like stressing over the sound system in your custom car before you even have an engine. Its all about priorities.

#326625 - 03/08/07 12:32 PM Re: omg no way 300!! [Re: Cord]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

How does counting calories help further knowledge of healthy nutrition? feel free to explain.

It's a part of healthy nutrition in that your caloric intake should not be excessively higher than your caloric expenditure. Admittedly, you can still eat crap and take in the correct amount of calories, however eating too many calories is bad too. Hence, knowing how many calories you eat on an average day will help you understand what it feels like to eat for maintenance rather than overeating.

Quote:

If you eat a healthy diet, it will be, by default, lower in fat, and thus less energy rich (double the energy per gram in fats as in protein/carbs). the thread maker clearly has not got a firm understanding on the basic foundation of what constitutes balanced eating. Get the right foods in place first, make it habitual, and see what improvements come from this most important first step. Then its about adjusting portions if necessary once the basics are firmly in place. Changing your eating habits totaly is a huge undertaking, and requires concerted effort. At this stage counting cals is like stressing over the sound system in your custom car before you even have an engine. Its all about priorities.

Very good points. I agree that a healthy diet of whole foods is the way to go (I prefer organic where possible). Plus, it is way more difficult to put on weight when you eat a healthy diet. However, it is still possible to gain weight on such a diet if you don't know what are healthy portions.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga