FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
MattJ 2
ergees 1
SoulJah22 1
royal 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Jeff_G
03/30/14 12:44 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432375 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#325947 - 03/04/07 05:57 PM *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
Damn, I'm dumb.

I was in my living room, and felt the call of nature. So, being the civilized creature I am, I got up and started walking to the bathroom.

*Clang!* I had walked toes-first into one of my dumbbells.
"Well," I told myself, "That hurt like hell."

(Fast forward three minutes to me coming back from the bathroom)

*CLANG!* I had done it again. Same foot, same toes, same friggin' dumbbell. Why the hell didn't I move it, or at least - oh, I don't know - NOT KICK THE ****ING THING AGAIN!?

The middle toe on my right foot is swollen, bruised, and definitely broken.

#325948 - 03/04/07 09:20 PM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: Zombie Zero]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Sorry to hear that, my highly uncoordinated AND inattentive friend.

*makes mental note to stomp ZZ's right foot uopn meeting him in person. or just kick him in the nads*

#325949 - 03/04/07 09:43 PM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: MattJ]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

There's the sensitivity and compassion I've come to expect from MattJ.

Ya ball buster.

But I think I now understand my old title... "Walks in shadow... trips a lot"

#325950 - 03/04/07 09:53 PM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: Zombie Zero]
Ayub Offline
heartbreaker, lifetaker

Loc: London, UK
That really sucks! I have had that happen to me before, but not twice in a row of course .

The worst part is that when you do something like that it takes the pain about a second to arrive. You know its going to hurt (a lot) and you have to wait for the pain to come, that anticipation of pain is so excruciating and makes the whole thing a lot worse. Thanks for the post, Im sure it had everyone cringing, just like I was.

#325951 - 03/04/07 10:08 PM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: Ayub]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

You're absolutely right, Ayub...

Except, for the part where my mind said "You just did something stupid, and it's going to hurt."

And then, my mind said, "You ****head, you did it again, and it's going to hurt worse!"

#325952 - 03/04/07 10:21 PM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: Ayub]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Why do we even have toes? Fingers I can understand... they serve a survival purpose.

But toes? Just a bunch of delicate little bones that do nothing. We'd run just as fast if we had one long, rounded, bendy segment on the end of our foot.

We don't need so many points of articulation on the ends of our feet!

Yes, I'm bitter about my broken damn toe!

#325953 - 03/04/07 11:05 PM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: Zombie Zero]
Spade Offline

Loc: Auburn, Al.
I can sympathize, I had a similar problem with a door.

Just varnished a door that I had also just put up, I'm up on the computer, 3 o'clock in the morning runs around, I stand up, its dark, I start walking to my bed room, then WACK face first into the door...

Three nights in a row....

#325954 - 03/04/07 11:12 PM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: Zombie Zero]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Walks in shadow... Trips a lot...

Welcome to the dark side... May be the force be with you..

Err.. Why don't you put your dumbells away from the floor, like on the shelf or something?

-Taison out

#325955 - 03/04/07 11:26 PM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: Zombie Zero]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Looks like you need more training in "awareness" or maybe some "tidiness" first.

#325956 - 03/04/07 11:59 PM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
I'd stick with "tidiness" first. Seems these days, the modern MA doesn't teach this anymore. I still remember when we had to arrive 30 minutes before class and mop the floor, and then after class we'd do it again.

-Taison out

#325957 - 03/05/07 01:11 AM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: Zombie Zero]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

Why do we even have toes? Fingers I can understand... they serve a survival purpose.

My father-in-law lost his big toe in his 20's in a mill due to an industrial accident. He said it took him a long time to get his balance and coordination without the big toe. Now in his 60's his body is hell. When adjusting to not having his big toe his knee picked up some of the stress not to mention his hip. He had to have his knee replaced and months ago his hip; all leading back to his big toe. Who would have thought that played such an important part.

On a funnier note and back to your original post, OUCH. I feel for you dude as I've walked into weight more then enough. My biggest thing is walking into furniture. My wife likes to change the upstairs a lot. She has changed the bed room around enough times that when I've come to bed in the dark I will walk into a dresser that normally isn't there. Or walk into a seat or hope chest at the end of the bed. Just recently she changed the living room around and I walked into a steel table that the corner went right in the hole in my knee from my ACL surgery I had in December and I doubled over on the counter and nearly cried. However the nice thing about pain is at the end you get that warm feeling that actually feels good. Am I crazy or do we all get this?

We are a creature of habits and we seem to never learn sometimes. Have you moved the weights now or will you walk into them again?

#325958 - 03/05/07 01:07 PM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: Dereck]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Well, I just came back from the hospital. I wasn't going to go, but when my boss saw me limping, she basically ordered me to.

The doctor said it's definitely broken, but that it will heal just fine in a couple weeks.

No need for a cast, or anything. He taped my toes together, wrote me a scrip for vicodin, and sent me on my way.

I've got a very low drug tolerance, so I think I'll leave the vicodin alone unless I want to be all

#325959 - 03/05/07 01:35 PM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: Zombie Zero]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
A few weeks? I broke a toe the same way...on a babycot...and it took a year to heal! (Something to look forward to... )

#325960 - 03/05/07 01:49 PM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: Zombie Zero]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Yup, can't do much with toes. Back on December 17, 2002 a drum hoist broke and dropped a 400+ lb. drum on my toes just above the steel toe and broke all of them. I screamed like a girl and then pushed the drum off it and went to walk and because no toes attached it gave way putting me through even more pain. Just as a note, I missed 1/2 a day of work only.

One thing I know, anything hurt especially toes, you are going to bang them plenty so be prepared for some hurting. I'd catch my toes on the lip going upstairs all of the time even when I thought I was paying attention. Or bang them into one thing or another. Even the blanket on my feet bothered me so had to sleep with a sock on and keep the foot outside of the covers; very weird feeling.

Good luck with your healing.

#325961 - 03/08/07 09:53 AM Re: *Clang!* o_0 ... *CLANG!" O_O [Re: Dereck]
Ayub Offline
heartbreaker, lifetaker

Loc: London, UK
This thread is so painful to read. I am truly sorry for you guys having to go through that, and hope you all heal up or healed up well. Im going to have to take care of my lil ones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga