FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#323963 - 02/21/07 10:07 PM Doez anyone use strong emotions for power
Keybladesage Offline

doez anyone like to use negative emotions for strength

#323964 - 02/22/07 10:40 AM Re: Doez anyone use strong emotions for power [Re: Keybladesage]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
This is a really vague question. Could you explain what you mean?

#323965 - 02/22/07 11:03 AM Re: Doez anyone use strong emotions for power [Re: Keybladesage]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

doez anyone like to use negative emotions for strength

Anger leads to fear, fear leads to hate, hate leads to lackluster CGI dependant sequels. Sorry, thats as close to Yoda- like as I can get.

be mindfull of the darkside young padawan. Nothing wrong with being angry, plenty wrong with acting impulsively on that anger- you never use good judgement in such instances.

#323966 - 02/22/07 11:22 AM Re: Doez anyone use strong emotions for power [Re: Cord]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Looking at it from a by-product point of view anger can be a useful tool. From a combat point of view anger can be useful for altering our mindset and focussing our intent. Anger itself produces a total lack of control and balance. Without those two factors you produce extremely uncontrolled power. Uncontrolled power is not dependable in combat. Anger becomes a useful reference for the experiencing the by-products that can be useful, mindset and intent. Once you have a reference point you can dump the stimulus that gave that reference point for you and concentrate on recreating that mindset and intent deliberately without the need to become angry.

Its also important to remember that not everyone responds positively (in terms of combat) to anger, it can cause people to become extremely introverted and actually have a damaging effect on their mindset and intention. For some people it is fear that gets them going. Again its not the fear that is useful, merely the the by-products of mindset and intention that come from it.

Both anger and fear are products of the ego which has no place in combat, but the psychological processes they kick start are the things that are important and emotional states can be useful in helping us access and understand the mindset required for combat. Once we have that reference point we need to be able to access it without the emotional attachment which can be counter productive in its uncontrollability.

When teaching its important understand that different people respond in different manners. You need to find what floats their boat!

#323967 - 02/22/07 11:35 AM Re: Doez anyone use strong emotions for power [Re: Keybladesage]
baby_bwoy Offline
speed merchant

Loc: london
this reminds me of an anime, where they get angry and beat the guy up. lol. but yeh , i think when i get annoyed an frustrated, after ive calmed down abit it makes me more determind, i believe the proper term in my case would be controlled agression. being angry just loses conrol just as the others have said, like when you used to see school fights where both are just swearing and shouting swinging widely and randomly.

Aaron

#323968 - 02/22/07 12:01 PM Re: Doez anyone use strong emotions for power [Re: Gavin]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Doesn't wrestlers use anger as a force?

I've seen some coaches deliberatly pi$$ing the wrestlers off to instill agressiveness into them.

-Taison out

#323969 - 02/22/07 12:06 PM Re: Doez anyone use strong emotions for power [Re: Taison]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

All out aggression makes your movements predictable and undynamic. Good wrestling is about hiding your force and using your opponents force against them. Pretty much like any combative struggle. Anger alters your mindset and your intention and focuses you on a single goal. But anger lacks balance. Once you loose your balance both physically and mentally you can be exploited by a skilful opponent.

#323970 - 02/22/07 12:17 PM Re: Doez anyone use strong emotions for power [Re: Gavin]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
I do some wrestling techniques, but I'm no wrestler. I've heard of how coaches makes their wrestlers agressive and angry. I wonder, for what purpose?

-Taison out

#323971 - 02/22/07 12:32 PM Re: Doez anyone use strong emotions for power [Re: Taison]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

I think this is a lack of understanding of what they are producing. To them they see that making there students angry and aggressive produces a better fighter, but they fail to understand what's happening. When you're angry, does it suddenly change your physical make up? Does it increase your ability? IMHO the answer to both those questions is a definite no no. What it does do is change the mindset and intention you put behind your physical abilities. Once you realise that it is the mindset that changes due to the anger, not the physical, you will then glean the all important mindset component of the fight game. Some people can't produce the goods unless they are angry or scared...they're natural mindset just can't slip into that aggressive predatory mindset. Without the correct emotional stimulation they can't produce the goods. Relying on such an unpredictable variable as emotion I see is dangerous and also lacking in mental and emotional skill.

#323972 - 02/22/07 01:53 PM Re: Doez anyone use strong emotions for power [Re: Taison]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

I do some wrestling techniques, but I'm no wrestler. I've heard of how coaches makes their wrestlers agressive and angry. I wonder, for what purpose?

-Taison out

For myself, I have always found anger tenses me up and I do poorer then I could if I was relaxed. I found this out while wrestling in school and I found this out training MMA. It is like trying to put thread through a needle's eye. The angrier you get the harder it is to do so but once you step back and calm yourself, then you can perform the task. I find that with most things.

"You're angry and that is what is going to get you beat out there. Anger is your enemy. Out think him and then get in there and out fight him." - Ossie Davis (Noah - Gladiator - 1992)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga