FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#320065 - 02/05/07 09:27 AM Re: Your UFC 67 Predictions [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

I thought fighter of the night was Tyson Griffin. His match was amazing- exciting and technical, what its all about

That was a great fight and I would have given Tyson the first two rounds giving him the fight. What a leg lock he put on the other guy ... ouch. Tyson's last fight he looked to be in much better shape as this fight it looked like he was carrying a little extra weight.

#320066 - 02/05/07 10:25 AM Re: Your UFC 67 Predictions [Re: Dereck]
medulanet Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA
Quote:

Lutter didn't make weight and he looked defeated when he came to the ring and when he fought. He did give it a go but had nothing in way of strength after losing over 20 lbs. I now believe that Silva can be beaten by a good ground fighter.

Lutter is a good ground fighter, he just made mistakes, as many people do. Thats the thing about Silva and a real title fight. His skills ground skills (BJJ black belt) are good enough to give him time through a five round fight to knock anyone in the UFC out. Only a few guys in the UFC could take him that are close to his weight class, and they aren't in the MW division.

#320067 - 02/05/07 12:56 PM Re: Your UFC 67 Predictions [Re: Dereck]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
Wasn't Lutter suppose to be a awesome BJJ ground fighter? Did you know that Silva has rank in BJJ? I haven't seen the fights but I can't wait. Did Sival KO Lutter? I hope not he is almost a home boy from Texas, thats close to home. He looked like a very good JJ man.

Whats that talk that the Pride has better fighters then UFC? I can't tell. Didn't Silva come from Pride, I guest thats some proof? And CroCo he IS a devastating striker, he going to shake things up Tim Silva, do you smell whats cookin is the kitchen.

Sometimes it looks like Rampage is just strong a smaller version of Bob Sapp (Rampage is a better puncher).

#320068 - 02/05/07 05:31 PM Re: Your UFC 67 Predictions [Re: migo]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

I have MAJOR respect for Eddie Sanchez for the performance he put up against Mirko - he tried an offensive, kept in there as long as he could (I actually thought the stoppage was at a stupid time, he wasn't being hit right then, about 5 seconds earlier it looked bad, but he was working for the same reversal Anderson pulled off on Travis) took a lot of what Mirko had to offer and fought back even though he was backpedaling for a lot of the fight.

Eddie sanchez has a hard head. If he learned how to keep from falling over every time he swung a punch, and took time to work on trivialities like a guard, he would not have to prove that as often as he did in this fight. There are no prizes for 'most durable punch bag in the UFC'- ask Corriera, and he was a much better fighter than Sanchez.

The fight was stopped at the right time, its irresponsible to let an outclassed fighter take pointless punishment. No way in hell any of his lunging arm punches were going to land, let alone bother Crocop, so it was an act of well judged mercy to let sanchez take an early shower, not a trip to the brain scanner.

#320069 - 02/05/07 05:59 PM Re: Your UFC 67 Predictions [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Plus Sanchez needs to work on the jab which he failed to use especially when always on the retreat. When backing up you never throw from your back hand like he continually did. His jab hand would have served him better and would have kept him further out of harm ... but getting into the ring with Cro Cop kind of blew that out of the water. I give Sanchez his dues as he got the opportunity and he took it and did better then many thought he would do.

#320070 - 02/06/07 02:53 AM Re: Your UFC 67 Predictions [Re: Cord]
migo Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Quote:

The fight was stopped at the right time,

No it wasn't, he wasn't getting hit at the time of the stoppage and for several seconds before it, plus he was working for a reversal at that moment. A more appropriate time would have been 5-10 seconds earlier, or to let it continue for another few seconds to see if Sanchez couldn't get Mirko off and if Mirko started landing solid shots again in that time. The beating Vitor put on Tito was far more serious than what Mirko was doing to Eddie, and Tito is obviously fine.

#320071 - 02/06/07 11:09 AM Re: Your UFC 67 Predictions [Re: migo]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

No it wasn't, he wasn't getting hit at the time of the stoppage and for several seconds before it, plus he was working for a reversal at that moment.

No he wasn't. What he was doing was wriggling around like a little worm on a big hook having been dropped on his a$$. He was not 'looking' for anything, as he was stunned and had his eyes screwed up in discomfort. Crocop had landed some GnP, and had just got in position to land plenty more.
These are modern athletes, Sanchez will heal quickly, and get back to training and fighting in a short space of time. Thats how it should be. These guys should not be visiting hospital because of your desire to see someone battered unconscious.
Crocop had won the fight- any further action would have been pointless, and only to the detriment of sanchez's health.

#320072 - 02/06/07 11:55 AM Re: Your UFC 67 Predictions [Re: Cord]
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
I agree with Cord, this was only Cro-cop's first bout in the UFC and Sanchez was not supposed to be a serious challenge. Under these comditions, why give Sanchez masses of unneccessary punishment for what is a relatively unimportant match. If it was a title fight, then I might be more willing to see the match go further, but it's just not worth it, when you're already getting dominated.

Question: Would you want to carry on fighting if you'd been completely taken apart the whole fight and had no answers for it? I think Sanchez would agree that it's better to keep his body relatively intact than have his body destroyed just for the sake of "warrior spirit."

#320073 - 02/07/07 03:24 AM Re: Your UFC 67 Predictions [Re: Cord]
migo Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Whether you recognise it or not, Sanchez was trying for the same reversal Silva used on Lutter at the time Mazagatti stopped the fight. Cro-Cop had just missed one punch and landed a weak punch right before the stoppage as well. Sanchez was not getting hurt AND he was defending intelligently at the time of the stoppage therefore it was not stopped at the right time, regardless of whether people expected him to lose and gave him no chance at winning.

#320074 - 02/07/07 10:30 AM Re: Your UFC 67 Predictions [Re: migo]
Cord Offline
Prolific

i recognise a reversal attempt just as clearly as I recognise someone writhing around on a hiding to nowhere. The refs job is to stop the fight when a fighter is unable to defend himself- not when he is being punched senseless. The position Crocop got into, combined with the inability Sanchez showed in escaping from, or defending from it, made the stoppage perfectly sensible.
you think its early, I think its right. As armchair refs, If i am wrong, the only thing that is hurt is Sanchez's pride. If you are wrong, then crocop pounds sanchez's head into burger meat.
No one has a crystal ball- not even for 10 seconds into the future, so the ref played it right.
Unless of course you thought Sanchez had a real chance of winning based on what had transpired up to that point!?
Come on Migo, own up- how much did you have on Sanchez?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga