FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 10 of 38 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37 38 >
Topic Options
#318844 - 11/01/07 02:16 PM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: Cord]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

I no longer feel so bad that God of War is a PS exclusive!! i just traded Halo 3 for Conan, and it is AWESOME!! It plays in a very similar way to god of War 1 and 2, in fact, the combat is much better, with the ability to pick up and combine different weapons, learn and upgrade new combo's, and use counters that open up Mortal Kombat style fatalities.

The graphics are not as pretty as they could have been, but are still pretty good, the voice acting is good in the FMV scenes, and the story is very much in keeping with Howards conan writings.

You really get the feeling that this game was developed by people who are conan fans, and it shows.

Highly recomended.

There you go Scottie, its already out and I have finished it. If you love the Conan books, you will love the game

#318845 - 11/01/07 02:27 PM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: Cord]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
Thanks Cord. For an evil Warlord commanding armies of the undead, you are actually a pretty good guy.

#318846 - 11/01/07 03:53 PM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: RazorFoot]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Thanks Cord. For an evil Warlord commanding armies of the undead, you are actually a pretty good guy.

That may be the nicest thing anyone has ever said about/to me *sniff*

From an RPG point of view, you should look out for 'The Hyborean Age'- an Oblivion type online game being developed based on Conans world. You do not play conan, rather create a character to your liking and set off to adventure where you see fit. It looks pretty amazing so far, and is due to be released PC/360 late 07 or early 08.

#318847 - 11/01/07 05:29 PM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: RazorFoot]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Scottie, I also grew up reading the Conan books probably starting when 13 or 14. That took me to many other books I've enjoyed along these lines such as Elric, Book of Swords, Forgotten Realm series, Dragon Lance series, etc.

Because of this I enjoyed Oblivion and I'm going to love Assassin's Creed. After this I may look at Conan as well as from reading Cord's posts, it is quite enjoyable.

#318848 - 11/02/07 09:47 AM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: Dereck]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

New Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21749.html

#318849 - 11/07/07 11:50 AM Call of Duty 4 [Re: Dereck]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
Ok, I have played all the other Call of Duty games. Pretty good. But, I just picked up COD 4 and played throught the first several sections. Really good.

It is much better, so far, in graphics and game play mechanics than the others in the series. It also loads faster, or rather, I don't notice the load time as much as I did with the previous WWII COD game.

Graphics have the same "video" sense, but the lighting and the look are much more realistic. As a comparison, while Gears of War had a film like quality that I enjoyed, in COD 4, you have the direct transfer to video tape view--- like watching some imported English costume drama on PBS or an American soap. While this might initially have you shake your head, there's a more real, visceral quality to what's happening....as if watching modern war footage on TV.

As for game play, the game so far has not asked me to knock down doors or press keys to make the timer on a bomb work. Also, most entries into rooms or buildings are done by others. Your are supposed to stay alive and get the bad guys while supporting your team as you move from section to section achieving the mission goals.

It is, especially in light of the ease of completion of Halo 3, a much recommended foray into a FPS that offers some frenetic moments. Better than Rainbow six in the environment and atmosphere...and up there with the best of the graphically amped games so far available.

Yeah boy....had to go to two shops to find a copy.

#318850 - 11/09/07 08:15 PM Re: Call of Duty 4 [Re: butterfly]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Went to Wal-Mart and picked up today. I have only played it a little but I'm not overly impressed with it and can't compare it to the quality of Rainbow Six Vegas. If I had never played RSV I would think that this game was excellent instead of a very good game so far. I'd like to know what my character looks like but I'm not sure if this is ever shown sometime in the game. It is extremely fast paced but that is this type of game whereas RSV is more strategic in how you advance. I'll hold off on making any further prejudgments until I finish playing it and then try it online with real people. I just want to play the game campaign to get the hang of things.

#318851 - 11/12/07 01:35 PM Re: Call of Duty 4 [Re: Dereck]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
Finished the game last night. It was good, not great. It's a much quicker play than expected and visceral in its action. And that may be it's biggest strength. The bad part is that the game is too straight forward and doesn't allow for much personalized play to take different routes to the same goal. It it inherently one sided, as many mission based games are, but the lack of allowance for more than one or two ways to complete a mission is a little irritating and gives the impression of a magician allowing the audience participant to feel he's in control, while all the time the magician is feeding him exactly what needs to make the illusion work. So in this case, the trick was good enough to make me not feel too badly about being lead and directed.

Dereck, I think you may like Rainbow 6 for the element of control it provides. I thought that game was good, but not great.....but neither am I held within the online gaming community playing it either, which might create more interest in the game otherwise.

It's a good game, just not a great game.

#318852 - 11/12/07 02:38 PM Re: Call of Duty 4 [Re: butterfly]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

I finished it in about 7 hours on normal. I've started it on the veteran level but by knowing everything I suspect that it will take slightly longer but won't be extremely difficult. I have played this now for 13 hours online; this game keeps track of it. You rank up faster online with this game then you do Rainbow Six but you "cannot" customize your character nor are the weapons customizable either. You get said weapons and you can only add on one attachment at a time whereas in Rainbow you could use a scope and a silencer. I'm still a big Rainbow fan but COD4 has many things I do like. The maps are amazing for playing on where you can hide in the grass and people will walk right by you and then you can pop up and shoot them. Everything is outdoors whereas Rainbow is inside. Everybody looks the same when you play online; either you are a Marine or you are not.

This game was designed for online play, there is no doubt about it. If you want to get into the meat of this game you have to do it online. I have a gold card Brad that if you want the numbers to try this for 48 hours, let me know and you can try it for free.

I like the game but now I'm waiting for Assassin's Creed. I will continue to play this and still pop into Rainbow. Where will I find the time?

#318853 - 11/13/07 04:20 PM Re: Call of Duty 4 [Re: Dereck]
Aesir Offline

Loc: Croydon, UK
I also just got COD 4 and much prefer it too rainbow. I like the fact it moves quite quickly. It is a great game for people with short attention spans constant action and a sense that you're actually moving to do something.

On rainbow I got bored with planning it out and then dying if my strategy for moving through a room failed.

I have yet to play it online so can't comment on this.

Page 10 of 38 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37 38 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga