FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 37 of 38 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 >
Topic Options
#423615 - 11/19/09 02:45 PM Seasonal Avalanche begins!!! [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Just finished the Modern Warfare 2 campaign. Stunning. Just Stunning.
Here i am thinking I will now have time to investigate the multiplayer, or maybe go back to Tekken 6, when I get 2 sms from my local Game shop, reminding me that Left 4 Dead 2, and Assassins Creed 2 are released tomorrow!!! shocked

Now, I know i have Creed on my Christmas list, so daren't buy that (next 34 days will be torture frown ), but can i justify buying L4D2, making it the 3rd game this month?

Of course I can!! cool Come the morning, I am putting foot to undead a$$. Oooaah!!!

#423616 - 11/19/09 07:50 PM Re: Seasonal Avalanche begins!!! [Re: Cord]
JMWcorwin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SoCal, USA
I was playing the MW2 campaign but got distracted by the spec ops mode. It's actually pretty cool, I'd liken it to actual training. I couldn've ripped thru the single player campaign in a day or 2 and be left w/ only being able to up the difficulty. But instead I've been going thru the Special Operations missions and working the individual skills for each one from regular to hardnened to veteran. I've been messing around there for days and I'm still only 18% thru it. I'm impressed with that mode to be sure.

Now if I could just find someone with the PC version to go thru the coop mode with online. In fact, I'm still trying to find someone to do that with World At War. But I am really impressed with what they added into MW2. There's always a great selection of weapons and attachments or differrnt incarnations of similar weapons on any given level. I'm hooked on this one for sure.

#423621 - 11/20/09 01:39 AM Re: Seasonal Avalanche begins!!! [Re: JMWcorwin]
Cord Offline
Prolific

I think Taison plays on PC?

#423626 - 11/20/09 09:18 AM Xbox 360 Thread [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
I picked up MW2 on the day it was released and played it on regular; took only 4 hours. Definitely a stunning game but I was expecting more and it to be longer. I rushed through it to get online for multiplayer where I think the game really shines; great maps. I've restarted the game on veteran and am blowing through it as I know the story already.

Months ago I told my wife she would get me AC2 for Christmas, I dislike the wait however this just gives me more time playing MW2.

#423634 - 11/20/09 02:32 PM Re: Xbox 360 Thread [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Been an xbox bonanza in Cord Towers today cool I couldnt choose which game to get this morning, so got both AC2 and L4D2 grin
Been playing AC2 for a while and it is great. The controls are familiar, but they have tweaked certain elements for the better. It's already apparent that this is going to be a much bigger game, with tasks, and the plot flowing much more naturaly than 1.

Played a little L4D2, but will look at it more seriously tomorrow. Apart from the melee weaponry, not a lot seems different from 1, though the chainsaw is a lot of fun cool

On top of that, I went online with MW2 for the first time today - amazing. Never played MW1 online, but if this is what its been like, I can see why everyone loves it so much.

Been a great 9 hours. Now if I can just find the optrex.....

#423635 - 11/20/09 02:49 PM Re: Xbox 360 Thread [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

I first started playing multiplayer with Rainbow Six Vegas; that got me hooked. R6V, R6V2, COD4, COD:WAW, GRAW2, UFC and so many others have made those games BETTER, and I expect the same from MW2. Different people bring different elements to the game which for me keeps the game lasting longer then if I only played the campaign off line.

I own and played L4D which pretty much is an online game because by yourself it gets boring fast. Online it actually got boring fast and if it wasn't for the crew I was playing with I probably never would have bought the game and why I won't be getting L4D2.

Still can't wait for Christmas to get AC2 from my wife. Should have never accept her offer to buy it and just got it myself. Oh well, Christmas will be here soon enough. 2 more paydays.

#423685 - 11/23/09 03:06 PM Re: Xbox 360 Thread [Re: Dereck]
JMWcorwin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SoCal, USA
You know, before I bought MW2, I read a similar complaint in a review on one of the game sites. (being too short) So, I started this game with that in mind. I wanted to see how short it was. It is a short game in story mode. But, I think it worked perfectly for what it was. This is the first game I've played in a long time, and maybe ever, that was able to completely draw me in like that. I actually felt real connection to the characters and story line. I felt actual emotion in this game. Many times during this game I was competely pi$$3d off and wanted to toss the monitor out the window. But, usually that emotion would come from some level being impossible to pass or me gettig 99% to that next checkpoint only to be killed off by some random enemy after I shot them in the face 3 times. In this game the emotion was directed at characters in the game. I felt emotional connection with the characters. And I won't spoil the ending for anyone, but in the final scene... I felt that, almost like it happened to me physically. This was more like an interactive movie to me than a game. And a well done one at that.(and I'm a movie nut) Stunning is the right word, Cord.

So, at the end, I tried to figure out what could've been added and I couldn't come up with anything. The only things left out were those levels that take 100 tries to memorize the right pattern for taking out the ememies so you can move on to the next level. And adding those in would've served to break that suspension of disbelief that this game did an awesome job of building. If you want more shooting, there's the Special Ops and multiplayer modes that both offer endless amounts of random carnage w/o the hinderance of the story-line.

So, yes it is a little short. But one of the best told stories ever in a video game. Add the stunning graphics, upgraded weapons and attachments, and the multiplayer & Special Ops modes and it's definately worth the $$ IMHO. I actually caught myself not playing the game a couple times because I was checknig out the scenery. The heli flight over the water, the mountain trek through the forest with really light snow falling, even some of the suberban U.S. locations. (I think I saw my house wink )As soon as I get home I'm going to play this bad boy again on the veteran mode. laugh

#423689 - 11/23/09 04:54 PM Re: Xbox 360 Thread [Re: JMWcorwin]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

I played it over a couple of nights and finished it on Veteran. Knowing the story and what happens made it easier and I was able to do it pretty fast and in some cases easier then in Regular. Not the hardest game to play that is for sure, not like COD:WAW was on Veteran that I swear I almost had multiple heart attacks as so difficult; by far the most difficult game I have ever played.

MW2 now has left me wanting as they left it so far open and it never got finished. Thankfully the multiplayer online is fun and look forward to more of it.

#425333 - 02/21/10 03:32 AM Re: Xbox 360 Thread [Re: Dereck]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Storywise - MW1 was better, the levels better designed.
Seeing Soap (Me!) tackling guy through a window from a tall building in slow motion was kinda cool, but it became cheezy after a while (the guy's practically invulnerable)

The story mode in MW1 had better levels (sneaking in a ghillie suit in pripyat, being part in an american invasion force in the middle east, being in the middle of a Russian civil war).

I give props for MW2 for the war on american soil, however, the rest of the game felt.. lacking.

In MW1, if it was urban warfare, you'd be fighting house to house, room to room, behind desks, sofas, etc etc. The feeling you had when fighting in the middle east disappeared in MW2 (fighting house to house, room to room in MW2 was boring as the houses were wide apart and had little vantage points).

The only levels I enjoyed in MW2 was the oil rig, the prison, fighting in the rain as an army ranger, and cliffhanger.

The feeling in MW1 was you were just an ordinary soldier/marine, you took orders and you tried to stay alive and keep your buddies alive. Can't count the times I've had my arse saved by Gaz, Price or the sniper guy (Walcroft I think his name was) from being overun. Did I mention how much I just loved War Pig?

In MW2, you're this badass guy who could take on an army with akimbo glocks in brazil and then get transfered to siberia and take that place out with only a riot shield. Tactics? Briefing? Squadmates? Who needs them, I eat grenades for breakfast and kill a man with a flashbang. Did I mentioned how two TF141 guys could take out a whole russian base in the middle of the mountain using only 2 rifles, a pack of c4 and plain 'badassery'?

New guns were cool.

My opinion is to really capture war, you need to keep things simple. The whole 'hi-tech' gadgetry makes it quite boring. Makes things more primitive. The whole feeling of MW2 was 'Let's Lock and Load' and then the 5 guys charges towards a town and kills at least 200 militias....

My recommendation for MW3?

Guerilla warfare. Jungle settings.
Knife fights. The team at Activision should look at 'The Hunted' starring Benicio Del Toro and 'Sniper' with Tom Berenger. That's how they should develop Soap.

Soap's a sniper. Put him in a ghillie suit in 'Nam, Congo or the Amazons. Make him knife and snipe people to death. Set traps and stuff. More H2H/knife fights. More stealth elements to the game. We need more levels like Pripyat from MW1 but in a different setting.

While you're at it, why not just throw a Predator into the mix and call it Call Of Duty 8: Modern Warfare 3: McTavish Vs Predator, and have a buff guy called Dutch to help you out.

If MW1 was inspired by Black Hawk Down, then I have the feeling that MW2 was inspired by Hot Shots 2.

-Donnie

#428506 - 07/23/10 12:04 AM Deadliest Warrior [Re: Taison]
Cord Offline
Prolific

I am sure all are familiar with the flawed, but fun TV show.
I noticed on XboxLive that they had done a download only game based on the series, and thought I would take a chance and buy it.

Its great!! cool It plays a bit like an old PS1 game 'Bushido Blade', where you could get 1 hit kills, and where characters movement and available actions were affected by injury. The graphics are solid (great gore and injury engine), a cool range of characters (Ninja, Apache, Spartan, Legionnaire, Viking, Pirate, Knight, and more to become available as DLC), new weapons to be unlocked through the game, bonus challenge levels, and more besides.

The CPU AI is brutal at times, which is frustrating, but really makes you think and find weak spots. Controls comprise of high, mid and low attacks, along with ranged attacks (bows, spears, deathstars etc, depending on character), and you have a choice of close, mid and long range weapons, that can be switched in-battle, so the tactics and choices dependant on your oponent become very varied (as do your levels of success).

As an inexpensive DLC, this is a great game (8 or 9 out of 10), but had it been a full priced disk release, I still would have rated it a 7/10.

Page 37 of 38 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga