FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 38 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 37 38 >
Topic Options
#318774 - 03/20/07 02:54 PM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: motobusmonkey]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
i just retired my first career mode character at the age of 37. He was created in my image, had a 17 year career 2006-2023. He is 60-0-0 with all 60 wins by KO. he had the heavy, light heavy and middleweight belts, the unified belt and the pound for pound belt. He is also at the top of the hall of fame rankings. His main rivalry is now available to play on the 'ESPN classics' section.
I am a fight night 3 GOD!!!

#318775 - 03/20/07 03:31 PM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Fight Night 3 is problems for me. My character Wraith "The Assassin" Black is a Light Heavy Weight at 190 lbs and 5'10". He is currently 32 years old and my record is 39-10-0 with 38 KO's. The problem for me is I cannot get the hang of doing the power shots. When I practice during sparring I'm fine but up against a foe I rarely can get them in and am having to go to the higher rounds and out beat them. My losses I was winning all of the beginning rounds but the later rounds I got dog tired from constantly missing shots or getting blocked and then countered with haymakers. How do I figure this out? By the way my fingers were well conditioned from playing other games but this game does a big job on my thumbs. Not only that the inside of my left middle finger has not had any feeling for 3 weeks and even if I don't play this it hasn't come back.

So what are some tips Cord? I seem to fight like I do in real life and am a bulldozer and am in the battle head to head. Many times I try to bob and weave and move side to side or backwards or try to circle my opponent throwing jabs but I find this difficult. Also I punch mainly from my right side as I find my left side difficult. When building my character up I can weight lift excellent and do the punching bag perfect each time. However the combo dummy I suck at and am having to auto-train as I get about the same score ... and as you know the higher up the higher the points you need to get the top points.

So any tips would be grand ... please and thanks.

By the way, I have about $4.1 million that I haven't spent and all of my numbers are 80+, with my Heart, Chin and Cuts in the 90's. I have shorts that are Power 20%, Shoes that are Agility 20% and Gloves that are Speed 20%. My mouth guard is Chin 15% as that is the highest it goes and I have not unlocked the Power 20% yet. My body blocker is at Body 15% as I have not unlocked anything higher and am not sure if there is a Body 20%.

Love when the Burger King brings me down to the ring.

#318776 - 03/20/07 04:20 PM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

OK, the Cord method of world domination.

1st. When in training mode, get really good at combo dummy and weight lifting mini games. You have a choice of 2 'paid' trainers- a power guy and a speed guy. When you do combo dummy training, choose the power coach, this means that whilst working on increasing your speed/agility, your power rating will not drop. Same when you do the weigh work- choose the speed coach, that way the stuff you are not addressing directly does not deteriorate. dont bother with the other mini games, these two will give you all the specs you need over time.

In the fight. Always come forward, but when in close, use bob, weave and blocks to make your oponent miss, or deflect to open them up for the magic power counter opertunity. if you bob and weave and throw shots during the motion, quite often they will be thrown as power shots due to the body motion, but to be honest using your green button for the preselected power shot is as good as anything- aim these as body shots, they land more often than when thrown to the head.

When it comes to closing your guy down, do not just trundle after him forever, if he is circling, move forward and in the opposite rotation and you will cut him off very quickly, bob, block and work the body. Hooks are much more effective in general than jab/cross, and in the heat of a fight, its a more natural control movement to throw cross combo's- remember that you only have to hold/release the left shoulder button to make them a head/body combo.

if the commentator comments that you oponents 'left/right eye' is closing, he means it, and that side of his face becomes genuinely easier to hit.

When you get the slo-mo 'oponent in trouble' shot, move in with jabs and crosses then quickly throw a low power shot (left trigger and green) this will usually sink into his ribs and drop him. If it doesnt go straight for a couple of crosses to the head, one of them will land- pressure and high low crosses are the key to contact with canvas.

thats about all. Its like real life- keep yout guard up and your head mobile, and take out the trash

#318777 - 03/20/07 06:26 PM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Easier said then done. Do you move around a lot Cord or stand toe to toe and just bob and weave? You are correct, when I bob and weave and throw shots they come out as strong punches and wear my fighter down plus leave me open for a counter punch which in many cases is a power punch and does a lot of damage. My problem is blocking as I seem to have either one arm up and one arm down and as some guys move fast I can't react fast enough to block body shots or head shots. Are you just a counter puncher or are you aggressive all of the time? Or do you play each character different and change as required?

I do more body shots now too as it seems to have more impact. Totally understand when you stun them how to knock them down but a few are fast grabbers and can latch on to you. A few I can step away or push away but not all of them.

I just can't get my brain around things and sometimes when my corner says I need to settle down ... they are talking directly to me as I get worked up. A few times I have shut the game off before I was counted out to come back to the same fight later when I cooled down so I can win the fight. My brain doesn't work well with my eyes and hand coordination ... not unless it is a shooter game then look out. Perhaps I need a gun for this game too.

#318778 - 03/21/07 06:57 AM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

Easier said then done. Do you move around a lot Cord or stand toe to toe and just bob and weave? You are correct, when I bob and weave and throw shots they come out as strong punches and wear my fighter down plus leave me open for a counter punch which in many cases is a power punch and does a lot of damage. My problem is blocking as I seem to have either one arm up and one arm down and as some guys move fast I can't react fast enough to block body shots or head shots.

i stand toe to toe, but you have to develop the instinct not to just wail away when you get the chance. move in with guard up (right trigger held) as you get in range chances are oponent will throw 1 or 2, guard as best you can, throw 2 hooks (L/R) to the body, and straight back on your guard to recieve the counters and hopefully parry them, then 'pop pop' give a couple back, so on and so forth.

If your oponent is a natural counter puncher and on the back foot, step back, he will after a moment come looking for you, get used to the time it takes to throw your green button power shot, and time it so he walks into a power body shot as he advances, this will put him on the back foot again, advance and use your attacks to make him counter- which you are anticipating and block....so on and so forth.

it takes time to get used to, and its easy to forget your guard when in search of a killer combo. I have been through the learning curve on the original 2 fight night games, and had the same troubles you are experiencing. All i can tell you is that as long as you keep trying to keep these things in mind, it will come with practice.

#318779 - 03/21/07 07:06 AM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: Cord]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
My God!

You're talking about a game as if it was a real fight.

Props to the developers for making it so realistic, that 2 middle-aged men talk about the game on a MA forum and if the title didn't say 'X-box 360', I'd thought they were talking about a real fight.

-Taison out

#318780 - 03/21/07 08:06 AM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: Cord]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Quote:

i just retired my first career mode character at the age of 37. He was created in my image, had a 17 year career 2006-2023. He is 60-0-0 with all 60 wins by KO. he had the heavy, light heavy and middleweight belts, the unified belt and the pound for pound belt. He is also at the top of the hall of fame rankings. His main rivalry is now available to play on the 'ESPN classics' section.
I am a fight night 3 GOD!!!

Ok, Cord, time to take it off of "baby" mode and move up to "pre-pubescent."

#318781 - 03/21/07 01:01 PM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Well Cord I played from 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM and now am at 54-10-0 with 53 TKO ... 15 fights undefeated since last played. I slowed things down like you said and did far more body shots with the exception of guys that seemed to have a soft chin or slow to punching. I have just over $10 million and nothing to spend it on. My character is now 37 years old and I hope I can go further before retiring. I'm finding that I haven't increased much for many of my points and found my stamina where it was in the high 80's and approaching the 90's is now at 78. Either I'm choosing workouts that are depleting points or perhaps the age factor is coming into play.

My thumbs are killing me right now. They had built some calluses up and I chewed them off ... yes I know gross ... but after 4 straight hours of playing where they would hurt regardless, this made it worse. I just couldn't stop and would have kept playing but I knew my wife would hate me coming to bed at 2:00 AM and would have hated me worse if even later as it disturbs her sleep.

Probably won't play tonight but am looking forward to play again. Have the Light Heavy Weight Title, Heavy Weight Title, Unified Belt and either I have or am fighting for the Middle Weight Belt. I then have only the pound for pound belt to get as I have all of the other trophies. I have also unlocked everything now and purchase all of the highest equipment. I'm hooked ... great graphics.

Edited by Dereck (03/22/07 01:54 PM)

#318782 - 03/21/07 01:28 PM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: Taison]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Taison, the depth of gameplay, and the reactions of both your character, and your oponent, mean that you do use the same analytical process that you would during a sparring session- its that good.

Joel- how very dare you sir, Pure skill, no handouts or ups, I would prefer to be cr4p at a proper level, than good at a lame level.

Dereck, at 37, your stats do diminish slowly, you are best at this stage using the strength coach and weighlifting mini game- this will keep your punches effective and your heart rating (recovery) as high as possible. Should keep you strog enough to get the pound for pound before retiring.

#318783 - 03/21/07 02:44 PM Re: X-Box 360 Thread [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Quote:

Dereck, at 37, your stats do diminish slowly, you are best at this stage using the strength coach and weighlifting mini game- this will keep your punches effective and your heart rating (recovery) as high as possible. Should keep you strog enough to get the pound for pound before retiring.

I guess this stuff really does mimic life and training. At 38 I can't move the same weights I used to though that doesn't stop me from trying. I have to be smarter in how I do things as I am and will be getting more prone to injuries especially lifting the greater weights and putting my body through all of the physical anguish. Good designers. Thanks for all of the tips Cord.

Page 3 of 38 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 37 38 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga