FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#312794 - 01/11/07 07:27 PM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: iaibear]
Midnightcrawler Offline
Dragon

Loc: England
My favourite place? BED .

#312795 - 01/12/07 03:24 PM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: clmibb]
PowerofYoi Offline

My favorite place would definitely be the dojo- and I'm not just being cheesy or whatever- Everyone there is family to me, and I love them.

But no, if it were another place it would either be Japan or Shaolin, China (Iv'e been to China, and I'm hoping to go to Japan soon)

#312796 - 01/12/07 03:29 PM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: PowerofYoi]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
It's secret...I'm not telling.

But I'll give you a clue: it's where my favorite people are...and that is always changing.

#312797 - 01/13/07 08:17 AM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: harlan]
MarkW Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Port Campbell, no question.

What? You don't know where Port Campbell is? How could this be?

Its a small beach town in south west Victoria, Australia, near the Great Ocean Road (surely you've heard of that? The 12 Apostles doesn't ring any bells? Bah). I go there on summer holiday, and have been doing that since I was a baby.

If heaven exists, it must look like Port Campbell. As a younger child, I must have spent countless summer days there. Here is what a typical summer day would consist of:

7.00-8.00am: Wake up, get dressed and heave breakfast, leave the house and walk across the road to check the waves. Yes - the beach house we stay at is across the road from the towns main beach. If the waves are good, precede to go boogy-boarding (aussie for body boarding) until midday, catching sick waves and generally getting stoked all round (stoked: surfing slang. Roughly means translates to 'I'm feeling good' or 'I'm excited!' or 'Wicked dude!' in the english language).
11.00am-1.00pm: Getting sick of being barreled, my brother and I would return to the house for lunch. On summer days, lunch was often fish 'n' chips from the local shop, the best chips and fish I've ever had. We would also be grumpy at this time, as a tourist bus full of chinese people would always park in front of our house, blocking the ocean view.
2.00pm-4.00pm: Walk a few blocks to visit our favorite cousins, who also stay in Port during the summer. It was always fun hanging with them. We would either walk around town checking the shops out, or, more commonly, go for another body boarding session, trying to see who would get the biggest wipeout. Sick.
4.00pm-whenever: Hang out at 'The Pier'. 'The Pier' is a Pier that sticks out from the cliff, with a road access for boats. Good spot for fishing. For us kids, it was a cool place to hang out. Mainly because we would jump off the pier into the water, god that was fun. Just so you know, The Pier was about as tall as two small houses. The bigger kids would not jump of the pier itself - instead they would jump off a fairly tall crane that was attached to the pier. We thought they were nuts. We also snorkeled near the pier, where there is quite a nice reef. Sometimes we got to see the native stingrays swimming under the pier.
Night: Have dinner (which was usually barbecued meat with chips from the same shop as a side dish), then proceed to hang out with cousins on the streets, walking around and talking to other kids. Occasionally getting up to mischief .
11.00-1.00am: Return to beach house at ungodly hour, and fall asleep as soon as our heads touched the pillow.

Then we would rinse and repeat that timetable the next day, and the next, and the next...

Hanging out with mates, catching waves, enjoying the sun, getting up to no good, being shy around the chickoritas (girls)...ah, that is the life. When I'm an old man, I'll look back on those days as the best of my life (thinks of the 'Summer of 69 song' and tries not to get teary...)

Port Campbell forever. I just hope it doesn't get turned into a nasty little tourist beach town.

(Writes a little theme song which sounds a lot like 'Blue Heaven' with Port Campbell replacing the 'Blue Heaven' parts.)

#312798 - 01/17/07 08:20 AM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: MarkW]
DaDoN_1 Offline
twinkle toes

My favourite place is easy, it's where ever I am with my friends, be it in a bar, training on the floor(most of my friends are from MA) or just playin the fool somewhere.
BTW I recently quit my dojo, this may sound horrible but my GM is an ass, and i just "Ass" to make it sound more polite, but he's great at what he does, you'll be hearing about him maybe him in the future "soke francis"

#312799 - 01/17/07 09:29 AM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: Midnightcrawler]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

My favourite place? BED .

Surely you go to the toilet now and then?

My place?

Camping, fishing and hunting deep in the jungle. Eat and drink what you can get from the land. Follow the aboriginal tribes and learn from them the secrets of the jungle and its inhabitants, seen and unseen. There is nothing as unnerving as hunting in the night and nothing as serene as sitting on a fallen log by a quiet jungle stream with a fishing rod waiting for a real wild fish to bite and having it roasted by a small fire as the jungle night closes in.

And always listen for a small huff, huff sound and if it gets progressively softer, reach for your gun, because a tiger on the hunt will make some sound progressively softer as it approach nearer to a targetted prey.

And the rain. I love it when it rains in the jungle. The rain sounds and look different there then in the city. Maybe because it hits the canopy of leaves first and then springle down in fine sprays onto the jungle floor and not the harsh sound of water splatting onto hard concrete pavement.

And decades ago when the first time I saw a half naked aboriginal woman, I was the one who was embarrased and actually kept my eyes on the ground. I am sure she was offended.

#312800 - 01/17/07 03:39 PM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
"Feeling the strength of mother nature."
Butterfly, thats very similar ot how I feel when I'm alone out in our high desert or high up in the mountains deep in the pine forests of my area. There is nothing more free, serene, and pure as nature. No fear if you have experience and knowledge of the land and you are at peace. It's very meditative. And fishing is great of course, I grew up fishing, since I was about 3.
Perfection, that's what it is.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#312801 - 01/18/07 08:21 AM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: Stormdragon]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia

The only high desert I've ever seen is Las Vegas

#312802 - 01/18/07 11:33 AM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Kysogkram Offline

Loc: Denmark
Strangely, I came across last years holiday photos a couple days ago, and then I came across this thread. My favorite place has got to be Italy, more specifically Sicily. I've been the same place 2 times. A small town near Palermo, right at the coast.

I like it because it's just so different from Denmark. Most Scandinavians are fairly reserved and rule abiding. Whereas in southern Italy, everything is very emotional and chaotic. When you're not used to that type of thing, it's pretty interesting. Oh, and I also like it because of this:

The view from just outside our room at the hostel we stayed in, first thing you saw when you got out of bed:

Driving across Sicily to go see Mt. Etna (big volcano):

Mt. Etna, felt more like the moon though:

#312803 - 01/18/07 11:43 AM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: Kysogkram]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
The high desert near Vegas is nothing compared to central Orego nas central Oreogn has way more variety in the terrain for example the hill formations are incredible and really unusual, then there's valleys and sage brush, and scrub brush and it's jsut unbelievable. The Vegas desert is a little boring imo but I'm biased of of course.
Still though the view of central Oreogn are spectacular as in most of it you can see the snow capped mountain peaks all around (like 8 or 9 different mountains) and then the pine forests in the distance to and then lot's of desert. It's really great.
Sicily looks amazing!
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga