FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#312784 - 01/06/07 03:21 PM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: Taison]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Nice Taison, you've seen a lot and I'm envious. After reading this I am reminded of driving from Grande Prairie, Alberta to Fairview, Alberta. In the Dunvegan area you go down into a valley, cross over a bridge and then come back up out of the valley. In the mornings it can be exceptionally foggy and you can see nothing but the top of the bridge and is an incredible site as it seems to just float on top of the fog and you would not even guess there is a valley at all and that you could drive across the fog. I have seen it myself and my father-in-law took a picture of it that is incredible that he has hanging at home on the wall. Though I don't have a picture of the bridge in the fog, here is a picture of the actual bridge in the valley.

http://wcs.ne.jp/alberta/guide/images/dunvegan.jpg

#312785 - 01/06/07 04:56 PM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: MattJ]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Quote:

I love the outer banks of North Carolina. Beautiful, peaceful area. Only place I ever been that I could actually relax. I love the beach!

God yes! The outer banks ARE incredible. I remember standing out in front of the Hatteras lighthouse (before it was moved), right down on the beach itself. Knowing I was standing out in the Atlantic basically was exhilarating. The breeze was incredible needless to say. Until I noticed that it was blowing hordes of mosquitoes all over us.

Those things were HUGE! I thought the wind was picking up sand at first until I glanced down at my arm to see those suckers. Big enough to carry away a small child they were.

Great place though.

-John

#312786 - 01/06/07 07:32 PM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: JKogas]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
I love the high desert of central and east Oregon in spring and summer. Open prairies, rolling hills and cliffs, peacefullness and calm, few people. Clear skies most of the time except for a few thunder and lightning storms (love those), it's just all wonderful. And I get a calm, meditative state of mind out there in the desert when I'm alone or just with my best friend Joe.
Now I also like the vast pine forests in central Oregon nearby, especially in the 3 sisters wilderness area. The 3 sisters mountains (white capped peaks this time of year) not far in the distance to the west, jsut a few miles away, numerous buttes and hills, deer and elk and cyotes and wild cats around, it's just amazing. There's nothingm ore peaceful and happy for me than those 2 environments and then the dense fir forests just west fo this area (It's great having so many different biomes so close together).
Now I like being in Salem as well as thats where I grew up and I have a lot of memories so these are basically my favorite 4 areas to be however city life can be a bit stressfull for me but I still am at home there. I like plenty of places around the coutnry and in canada but Oregon is and always will be where I'm most at home especially alone out in the wilderness. The coast is great. Nothing makes me feel better than being out there.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#312787 - 01/06/07 09:21 PM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: JKogas]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

God yes! The outer banks ARE incredible. I remember standing out in front of the Hatteras lighthouse (before it was moved), right down on the beach itself. Knowing I was standing out in the Atlantic basically was exhilarating. The breeze was incredible needless to say. Until I noticed that it was blowing hordes of mosquitoes all over us.

Those things were HUGE! I thought the wind was picking up sand at first until I glanced down at my arm to see those suckers. Big enough to carry away a small child they were.

Great place though.

-John

The wife and I stayed in Hatteras village for our Honeymoon. She loved the lighthouse. We were there right after a giant storm had been through there (2002), and the mosquitos.....Geesh. No joke, I have never seen mosquitos that actively charged and attacked people like that.

I have a quietly hilarious video (RazorFoot and stillwadawoman saw it) of us right after we arrived. Within literally the distance between my truck and the door to our rental, I got bit 30+ times - BIG ones. I was ready to turn around and go back home, and we hadn't even unpacked!

Luckily, we got some bug spray, and we were fine after that. Ended up being the best vacation I have ever had.

#312788 - 01/07/07 07:29 AM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: Stormdragon]
grumbleweed Offline

Storm, many moons ago my mate and me did an epic road trip from San Francisco well to San Francisco. One leg of the journey was from Boise Idaho to Medford Oregon stopping off here and there (highway 20 I think), you will be familier with the pix. Incredible how green things become crossing the cascades. The pics are of my mate, I recently scanned these from print and sent him by email. I'm preparing my liver for his annual visit to Cambridge on the 20th

taison, I agree Mai Hon Son is beautiful, my 1st trip was solo to Thailand and I took the sleeper train from Bangkok to Chaing Mai then made it to that area and did and 5 day trek in the hilltribes area, woke up farking freezing cold thinking I was still in England, got hot as hell during the day mind you. Got down to Patong beach ASAP for a few nights there then to the exquisite beauty of Krabi province, heaven!

Shall I bore you all about my Peru, South Africa, Austria, Lao, Cambodia, Canada, 5 more USA, 10+ more Thailand and Malaysia adventures.....I'm a bloody travel bore geek I know

I'm hoping the Thai Boxing Club will be a favorite place come monday evening!

And for relaxation the Old West River opposite the Haddenham Pumping Engine is high up on my fav spots (fishing)

#312789 - 01/07/07 02:54 PM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: grumbleweed]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Crater Lake!!! Went there last year! and my desert homeland!!! thanks Grumble!
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#312790 - 01/07/07 05:14 PM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: Stormdragon]
grumbleweed Offline

Crater Lake is a jewel and the dry side of Oregon is beautiful, the coast too is stunning, in fact when my numbers come up I could well buy myself a little part of Oregon, wonderful state. Seems to have it all, natural beauty, limited population, nice climate, hey and nice people

Now when my little girl perhaps one day gets the wonderlust like I did I will be forced to trust her judgement on her travels as my folks did. I dont look forward to it one bit

#312791 - 01/11/07 05:48 AM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: grumbleweed]
grumbleweed Offline

ok, ultimatly this is my favourite place, just up from the Haddenham Engine near the Aldreth Bridge on The Old West River between Ely and Cambridge. Spent many days/nights fishing here. I remember seeing a bunch of geeks rummaging around in trenches with trowels years ago, I later discovered Hereward the Wake had a few battles with William the Conqueror right here hundreds of years ago so I suspect they were archaeologists back then I saw. Even now night fishing there I get the creeps thinking of the ghosts of fallen warriors.

I scanned this old picture I took today. Looks like a painting to me.

I'm saving your bandwidhth Matt by putting link to pic this time!

#312792 - 01/11/07 06:31 PM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: grumbleweed]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Grumble, I agree with everything you said except the people. The people are nice but more often than not they beat around the bush, are fake and shallow. Well, in my part anyway. That's one hting about the east coast I miss, is most people there were honest with how they thought of people, and were blunt. But I guess you take the good with the bad.

#312793 - 01/11/07 07:08 PM Re: Your Favorite Place...... [Re: clmibb]
iaibear Offline
Veteran

Loc: upstate New York
I have a picture on my computer desktop of a double rainbow taken from on oceanfront heiau on the east shore of Kauai. The old Coconut Plantation Hotel would be in the background at the head of the bay except for the shoreline palms.

Sorry. I haven't a clue how to share it.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga