FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
AndyLA 1
cxt 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#312685 - 01/05/07 09:56 PM Re: Your vote is important [Re: Cord]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

yes, I've seen all 6. a few weeks ago me and the kids had a Rocky I-V marathon rental weekend, then last week we saw VI in the theatre.

I voted Rocky I. all were entertaining, but 1&2 were the real story.

#312686 - 01/06/07 02:36 AM Re: Your vote is important [Re: Ed_Morris]
Ayub Offline
heartbreaker, lifetaker

Loc: London, UK
Quote:

yes, I've seen all 6. a few weeks ago me and the kids had a Rocky I-V marathon rental weekend, then last week we saw VI in the theatre.

I voted Rocky I. all were entertaining, but 1&2 were the real story.

Completely agree. I marathoned them all twice in a row!

#312687 - 01/06/07 06:12 AM Re: Your vote is important [Re: Ayub]
baby_bwoy Offline
speed merchant

Loc: london
COME ON LADDDSSS...lets be honest i really cant choose, but the only real bad one was rocky V..that was just terrible...the line 'ROCKY TAKE HIM TO THE STREET!!!', says enough...and yeah i did the rocky marathon as well..good stuff...

aaron

#312688 - 01/10/07 03:59 PM Re: Your vote is important [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Cord I haven't voted as I haven't seen the 6th movie yet but from the people I know who saw it say they loved it. My order of favorites so far without seeing the 6th movie are:

Rocky IV
Rock III
Rocky II
Rocky I
Rocky V

Rocky V was okay but just was missing that something. To bring him from rags to riches and then back to rags again just didn't seem right. I liked how they started the whole thing with him in the shower after the fight with the Russian; Captain Ivan Drago ... but still was missing just that little something. I have a feeling that in the 6th movie they will capture that again and why I look forward to seeing it. If it wasn't for this bump knee I would have already seen it. Perhaps this weekend my wife and I will go see it and then I will be able to answer your poll. Until then I don't know how everybody voted which saddens me. How did you like the 6th movie Cord?

#312689 - 01/10/07 04:17 PM Re: Your vote is important [Re: Dereck]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Rocky 3 was the best as Rocky had to overcome the worse enemy-himself. His depression and fears. And he did it. And the training clips are pretty sweet.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#312690 - 01/10/07 04:56 PM Re: Your vote is important [Re: Stormdragon]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Sorry Stormdragon, "I must break you".

#312691 - 01/10/07 05:56 PM Re: Your vote is important [Re: Dereck]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

How did you like the 6th movie Cord?

Rocky Balboa opens on the 19th of Jan over here in the UK. It is agonising waiting for this, and also threw up quite an ethical dilemma for me. I was lent, by friend, a pirate copy of it on DVD. Not recorded at the back of a cinema like most dodgy movies, but a leaked advance copy that gets sent out for oscar consideration- perfect print of the movie, but occasionaly get the subtitle 'property of MGM' at the bottom of the print.
I had the chance to end my wait and put myself out of my misery. I didnt watch it. I want to wait for the big screen, I want to contribute to its success in the box office, I want Stallone to have a last Hurrah in the cinema with this and the final Rambo. He has given me so much enjoyment and inspiration over the years that I feel I owe him.
Other less patient individuals I know took advantage of the copy- the vedict so far? All but one have said its the best since the first one. The one that disagreed thought it was the best of all of them!
I am very excited about seeing it

Of the 5 i have seen, I think Rocky 1 is the most valid film artisticaly, though I think that Rocky 2 is more entertaining- especialy with mickey's character filled out. He steals the movie for me.
For the all important training montage, it has to be rocky 4. Not only is it impressive, but it also pre-empts the whole functional vs machine training debate/revolution that has come to the fore nearly 20 years later. Rocks, tree chopping and sled dragging- how can i not love that?

#312692 - 01/11/07 09:28 AM Re: Your vote is important [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Quote:

I was lent, by friend, a pirate copy of it on DVD. Not recorded at the back of a cinema like most dodgy movies, but a leaked advance copy that gets sent out for oscar consideration- perfect print of the movie, but occasionaly get the subtitle 'property of MGM' at the bottom of the print.

I have seen these copies as well for some movies with one being the 2nd Lord of the Rings. I too waited and seen it in the movie theatre but later watched it over and over again off of this copy. I didn't even mind the pop up on the bottom, "For your viewing consideration".

This weekend on Sunday my wife and I plan to see this movie and then I will take your poll. Saturday my Instructor and wife, my and I, all plan to go to the motorcycle show which should be fun. So on Sunday I can finally see the results.

#312693 - 01/11/07 09:44 AM Re: Your vote is important [Re: Cord]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
When the first 'Rocky' came out (I think it was 1976 and I was about 14/15), I thought it was too violent and refused to see it until 1986.

Number one is the best, in my opinion, because of the story. It's a quieter movie, without all the hoopla and grandstanding and flagwaving that permeated the other movies. It's filled with characters that are familiar to me, and the lifestyles and city are very much like my own upbringing.

If I had to pick out the one quality about that movie that makes it the best for me...the word would be 'poignant'.

#312694 - 01/11/07 02:02 PM Re: Your vote is important [Re: harlan]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Rocky, the original, is definitely a good story and the main character does not take the big prize but gains the respect of everybody and gains something for himself. It is a classic for sure and stands out as a great movie. I love movies where at the end things don't always work out for the heros or main character(s).

I actually did not watch any of the Rocky movies when they came out. I heard of them and knew about them but still did not really care. Then in 1985 I seen Rocky IV and then I was hooked and borrowed Rocky, Rocky II and Rocky III from my father's friend and watched them all in a row. Then when they started showing these on TV I would watch them each and every time. These types of movies give you that feeling inside that makes you feel like you can do anything if you really try. Very motivational. Thanks Sly.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga