FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
osibolyxu, SamasTactical, Mustafa, kritesh, AlfonsoGrey37
23185 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
kickbutt 4
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
History of Tae Kwon Do
by
05/07/05 10:39 PM
Recent Posts
History of Tae Kwon Do
by kickbutt
09/07/18 06:28 AM
Forum Stats
23185 Members
36 Forums
35694 Topics
432749 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#312402 - 01/17/07 04:28 PM Re: anyone ever hear of Yoseikan ? [Re: photosmart]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

ah...I see your agenda now, thanks.

I NEVER put Roy's or anyone's dojo down. I told you my first impression of Yoseikan was probably wrong based on a website that looked mcdojoish...what else do you want?

I was commenting on a website which advertised itself as Yoseikan. If the mcdojo Yoseikan site is false advertising, maybe you should take it up with them.

I could care less about your threats...threats are a dime-a-dozen (and a banable offense btw) on these boards and only serve to show the true character of the person making them.
I've found that threats are usually made by bogus ryu's and sokey-dokeys defending their right to make money....either that, or they are threats from dito-heads that are programmed to be loyalists.

seeing as the kata videos you reference show goju kata (and one basics matsubayashi kata), I'm not surprized you don't see shukokai influence.

something for you to reflect and ponder: Since YOU are judging me by my posts without ever having met me, is that different from people judging a dojo website without ever having gone to the dojo?

#312403 - 01/17/07 04:33 PM Re: anyone ever hear of Yoseikan ? [Re: photosmart]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Holy cow. Are you actually reading the posts here?

Quote:

Pity that the technical side seems to be missing on the karate forum.

Feel free to start some technical threads. We are truly grateful that you have blessed us with your presence, technical Dave.

Ever thought of visiting Arkansas Dave?

#312404 - 01/17/07 04:45 PM Re: anyone ever hear of Yoseikan ? [Re: BrianS]
mark Offline
sword of magnamity

Loc: uk
LOL photosmart.

I am probably the highest ranking Yoseikan dan grade in the UK, that’s who has been endorsed by Hiroo Mochizuki { 1 other guy might have also got 5th dan}

But Yoseikan in the UK is fragmented and not in any way unified or organised.

But so what, I have governing body dan grades in several arts, proper teaching qualifications. And I am allowed to use the Yoseikan name, sad thing is, so it seems are the Mcdojo that Ed found on the net…..

Im thinking of starting up classes in yoseikan ninjutsu, very exclusive membership, £250 to join, £15 ph lesson fee, £50 per grading, of which there are 37 separate grades before “grand black belt 1st degree”………. DO you think it will take off??

Ed, I really like your style, we must fence more often, my genuine respect to you

Regards

Mark

#312405 - 01/17/07 04:48 PM Re: anyone ever hear of Yoseikan ? [Re: MattJ]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

Photosmart -

I think you misread Ed's comment. Ed did not say that he studied Kimura Shukokai himself.

Quote by Ed Morris -

Quote:

Roy Stanhope is not part of Yoseikan, as far as I know, he's studied Kimura Shukokai. so I'm confused by your reference to him in this thread.

I'm not sure why Shukokai even became part of this conversation. but for the record, as I've said before a few times I am NOT currently a Kimura Shukokai practitioner. Nor do I claim rank in it's system. I have 4 years of Kimura's 'influence' during the late 80's.

#312406 - 01/17/07 04:58 PM Re: anyone ever hear of Yoseikan ? [Re: photosmart]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

Is that 'Dave Jenkins' from 'McMaster Security & parking Services' of 'McMaster University' ?
http://www.mcmaster.ca/security/staff.htm

#312407 - 01/17/07 11:57 PM Re: anyone ever hear of Yoseikan ? [Re: Ed_Morris]
photosmart Offline

Quote:

I was commenting on a website which advertised itself as Yoseikan. If the mcdojo Yoseikan site is false advertising, maybe you should take it up with them.

I could care less about your threats...threats are a dime-a-dozen (and a banable offense btw) on these boards and only serve to show the true character of the person making them.
I've found that threats are usually made by bogus ryu's and sokey-dokeys defending their right to make money....either that, or they are threats from dito-heads that are programmed to be loyalists.

seeing as the kata videos you reference show goju kata (and one basics matsubayashi kata), I'm not surprized you don't see shukokai influence.

something for you to reflect and ponder: Since YOU are judging me by my posts without ever having met me, is that different from people judging a dojo website without ever having gone to the dojo?

Ahh I see your agenda now. What threats? I dont see no threats? If you are ever in the UK though you would be most welcome to come and train at a lot of dojos.

And no that isnt me in the photo. Sorry but nice try. Typical kind of response I would expect. Any how Im finished with this topic. Like I said if you ever come to the Uk please e mail me. You would be most welcome to train at quite a few dojos.

have fun

#312408 - 01/18/07 12:10 AM Re: anyone ever hear of Yoseikan ? [Re: photosmart]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

ok. yes, that does sound like fun. I'll e-mail you soon to get a list of dojos you have invited me to.

[add] looks like you forgot to make your e-mail address available in your profile. what's your e-mail address?
also, I couldn't find the link you mention of your Vale Tudo club. 'Catterick Garrison UK' comes up with an Army site. could you give a link to your club...it sounds interesting.

thanks.

unless this is it:
http://www.raynerslanetkd.com/IAOMAS_England/Counties/IAOMAS_England_North_Yorkshire%20.htm

is this the address: shotaikai@aol.com ? I see you are posting here using an AOL account...so maybe thats it.

#312409 - 01/18/07 12:59 AM Re: anyone ever hear of Yoseikan ? [Re: Ed_Morris]
photosmart Offline

Quote:

ok. yes, that does sound like fun. I'll e-mail you soon to get a list of dojos you have invited me to.

[add] looks like you forgot to make your e-mail address available in your profile. what's your e-mail address?
also, I couldn't find the link you mention of your Vale Tudo club. 'Catterick Garrison UK' comes up with an Army site. could you give a link to your club...it sounds interesting.

thanks.

unless this is it:
http://www.raynerslanetkd.com/IAOMAS_England/Counties/IAOMAS_England_North_Yorkshire%20.htm

is this the address: shotaikai@aol.com ? I see you are posting here using an AOL account...so maybe thats it.

As I said Ed anytime your in the UK you are certainly most welcome to come and train at any amount of dojos. You see Ed a number of us martial artist's read your input on the karate forum. A lot of the martial artists belong to organisations that you in your world of cyber space (in the past) have deemed unworthy.
Some of your input we find amusing some we find stupid but either way Ed
your name and vidoes are some what of a legend here amongst martial artists and a number of us would love to see and train with the legend in real life.
So keep posting have fun and if you ever do come to the
Uk get in touch. Easy just post it on the forum

As we say here Bye for now

have fun

#312410 - 01/18/07 01:40 AM Re: anyone ever hear of Yoseikan ? [Re: photosmart]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

so no e-mail address or list of dojos, then? and more subliminal threats? ok, so I go to the UK and visit some folks who feel they have something to prove. let's say I get beaten badly. then I come back to the US in a cast. what did that change? there are still 10 year old sensei on websites, and frauds are still posting their fake 10th dan credentials - and people like you continue to make threats to people they don't know on forums. lol

also, please prove to me that I've ever said anything derrogitory or 'deemed unworthy' about anyone or any organization. put the links up. If you are going to accuse someone of something, then you have the burden of proof.

as in every forum on the planet, I've evaluated WEBSITES before. 'first impression' based upon the info given on a website.

I'm going to find out who you are and when I do, I'll post it right here.

#312411 - 01/18/07 07:11 AM Re: anyone ever hear of Yoseikan ? [Re: photosmart]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

well, 'Dave' first e-mail came back, this one is from the well-respected MMA event organizer and instructor of Vale Tudo, Mick Nokes, in the UK who also is head of the club (Catterick Garrison) you claimed to frequent:

here is my full and unedited e-mail to Mr. Nokes:
Quote:

Hi, my name is Ed Morris, I'm in the U.S. I'm not affiliated to any org, or make any claims and just train on my own with a private study group.

For some reason, your organization name came up in this conversation:
http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...part=1&vc=1

by a 'Dave Jenkins' aka 'photosmart' who claims to be a part of your organization.

just wanted to ask if you support internet warriors claiming affiliation to your org handing out subliminal threats over a forum to people they don't know. If he threatens everyone on a forum that gives their opinion about a website (and it wasn't even any of your organization's websites)...then you are certainly bound to get some interesting responses from people alot less nice than me.

take care,
-Ed Morris (no threat to anyone's ego)

here is his full and unedited prompt reply:
Quote:

Thanks for your email. I can confirm that Dave Jenkins in nothing to do with our organisation, and until his name came up in your email, I have never even heard of the guy. Shotai Kai is a group of clubs made up of genuine students who treain because they love martial arts, and we never threaten anyone, be it inside forums, or in the street.

Yet again, thanks for your email, it is always good to be made aware of trolls like this.

Regards in Budo

Mick

so 'Dave'...that in itself is grounds for your dismissal. but why stop there, there are so many other interesting things to find out about you - no doubt.

your anonimity is your disadvantage. people who don't lie or need to be anonymous will always easily expose fakes like you. btw, are you related to 'Paul Jenkins'? or did you just steal his identity?
http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterid=3567
http://sfuk.tripod.com/interviews_03/paul_jenkins.html
or I can just e-mail him and ask.

ps. anyone reading this from the UK who is interested in MMA, Mick's clubs sound like a good opportunity for quality instruction... check him out at his site:
http://www.prideandglory.org.uk/

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Ronin1966 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga