FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#309358 - 01/06/07 10:08 PM Re: Introducing myself [Re: ITFunity]
jasperdaman Offline

Loc: Australia
Thnx Robb uv'e cleared my name of Mcdojo lol So im gifted ay? lol it's news to me but thats cool :P Thnx for the information it's even sum new news for me.

#309359 - 01/07/07 02:18 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: jasperdaman]
Robb Offline

Loc: Aus
Hello jasperdaman
Yes you have to laugh when people start throwing around the McDojo (or McDojang) insult as soon as they know a TKD school is large. Don’t get me wrong there are some poor excuses for martial arts schools (their students are normally the ones throwing the insults) out there wether they are large or small schools.
However in regards to Rhee Taekwondo, the reason it is Australasia’s largest martial arts school is based on a few very simple facts, some being -
1. Master Rhee Chong Chul started Rhee Taekwondo in the late 196O’s with the assistance of his 2 brothers, Master Rhee Chong Hyup (also one of the 1st of the 12 TKD Korean Masters) & Master Rhee Chong Yoon (an X-South Korean Army Officer & military trained TKD Master). On orders from the South Korean Government immigrated to Australia from Malaysia and Singapore where they had had their 1st TKD teaching post. When they immigrating to Australia they also brought along some of their top Malaysian TKD students, including Master Low (who is still training and teaching under Rhee banner in South Australia) to assist in establishing the school. The RTKD School has been run continuously under these Masters since the late 1960’s (almost 40 years), so Rhee TKD has concrete leadership stability.
2. Master Rhee Chong Chul and Rhee TKD Masters have taught the same Chong-Hon TKD style he was taught in the military – fast, hard hitting, powerful, effective self defence, he hasn’t deviated. So the school has had had total consistency for over 35 years.
3. Master Rhee Chong Chul is still very much a military man – he runs his school as such, school runs by strict martial etiquette and member/student accountability is a priority. All Rhee TKD Dojangs have order and respect, so they stay strong and have the public’s respect which keeps them very popular in numbers and reputation.
4. Rhee TKD has one head of Organisation - Master Rhee Chong Chul, so RTKD school has no political back bitting or favouritism, those that train hard and maintain/increase standards are rewarded. No attention is given to talkers.
5. Master Rhee Chong Chul visits all regions (geographical dojang groups) to conduct grading exams (others that the regions run by the other Rhee brother Masters) every 3 months. With over 500 Dojangs in Australia and New Zealand it means he is travelling 11 months of every year, which he has done for the past 35 years non-stop. This way he keeps standards high. He is very exact on what is expected, those that don’t measure up are not promoted in rank and told what to work on for next grading assessment in 3 months. Sabum or Yudanja not up to standard are given 1 warning to improve and reassessed on his next visit.
6. Master Rhee advises all students, if they have any issues they can not sort out with their direct senior or regional Sabumnim they may contact him direct, as wether they are a 10th kup or 6th Dan, they are all his student and he will sort out. This direct line of course keeps everyone honest and concentrating on their own training and matters.
7. Rhee Taekwondo is a martial arts organisation and not a social club, students train to grow strong and if they enjoy training that is excellent however Rhee TKD is not for ‘fun”.
8. Dan ranking are not handed out lightly in Rhee TKD. Dan Promotions are based on TKD ability, knowledge, loyalty and martial maturity.

These are some of the reasons for Rhee Taekwondo’s ongoing popularity for the past 35 and why it has gown during over time to the size it is now.

jasperdaman in regards to being gifted, well if you are I commend you, however Dojang Sabum motivate different individuals different ways in the student’s best interest. You are not a Rhee TKD black belt yet, remember when you do sit that grading in front of Master Rhee, the regions Sabum and Yudanja are going to make you pay (with sweat, bruises & maybe blood)for every single inch of that Rhee Taekwondo black belt as is the tradition. So get very fit and remember to keep your guard up cause they will come in hard and fast at you mate. All the best with it though, the secret is all in your preparation.

To everyone else, enjoy your Taekwondo training, if you train under an old Korean Master or a young freestyle hot shot, as long you train hard and are enjoying it you are spending your time positively and not wasting it negatively.

#309360 - 01/07/07 02:50 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Robb]
jasperdaman Offline

Loc: Australia
Yer i no i have to prepare well for my BB grading, i no how the gradings go, i was the board holder and i was one of the primary sparrers against a man going for his BB, it was a great experience and honour to spar infront of Master Rhee. Can i ask u Robb wat MA u train in, u seem to no alot about Rhee Taekwon-Do. Where abouts in Australia do u live?

#309361 - 01/07/07 09:18 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Robb]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Great info!
Thanks.
Is Master Low still with them (Rhee)? Is he related to the GM Low that is now a 9th degree BB with one of the ITFs?

#309362 - 01/07/07 06:16 PM Re: Introducing myself [Re: ITFunity]
Robb Offline

Hello ITFunity
Master Low Vernon http://www.rhee-taekwondo.com.au/instructors.htm is of whom I referred to in above, a great martial artist, exceptional teacher and a corner stone of the Rhee Taekwondo organisation.
Grand Master Low Ming (ITF) http://www.digitalstorm.com.au/tkd/contents2.htm of who you maybe referring was promoted to black belt by Master Rhee Chong Chul and was one of the first Rhee TKD Sabum in Western Australian. However Master Low Ming moved about until he established his own school (Low Taekwondo) in Western Australia which he still heads today. I also understand he is a great Master and is very highly respected.
Both Low’s are Malaysian, I also understand the head Rhee Taekwondo Sabumnim in Western Australia is also Malayisian, Sabumnim Chew.

Hello jasperfaman
I’m a fellow Rhee Taekwondo member and black belt. My Sabumnim has been one of Master Rhee students for a very long time and regularly engages Master Rhee in conversation regarding all things Taekwondo at our gradings, after grading Master/Sabum training’s & grading dinners. So our region black belt group are all privileged to be apart these technical, historical, theory, martial, philosophical, etc conversations in person. You can also find much information in your membership book and literature.

Gomapsupnida

#309363 - 01/07/07 08:57 PM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Robb]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Thanks again. The other Master Low is from the ITF-NK. His father was just promoted to 9th degree.
Good luck & welcome!

#309364 - 08/30/07 02:44 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: VDJ]
Robb Offline

Hello VDJ, ITFunity & Jasperman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhee_Taekwon-Do

A google alert bough me back to this thread (as noted below).

Mr VDJ due to your earlier disparaging comments on this FA thread regarding Master Rhee Chong Chul you maybe interested in this wiki page ( as noted above) regarding Rhee Tae Kwon Do (Australia), trust it fills in some blanks for you. Cheers.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, 18 August 2007 9:33:23 AM
Google Web Alert for: rhee chong hyup
FightingArts.com Forums: Introducing myself
Master Rhee Chong Chul started Rhee Taekwondo in the late 196O's with the assistance of his 2 brothers, Master Rhee Chong Hyup (also one of the 1st of the ...

#309365 - 08/30/07 08:40 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Robb]
Supremor Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
Thanks Robb for taking the time to do some research!

#309366 - 08/30/07 08:52 AM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Robb]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Great info!
Thanks

#309367 - 08/30/07 09:53 PM Re: Introducing myself [Re: Robb]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Hello VDJ, ITFunity & Jasperman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhee_Taekwon-Do

A google alert bough me back to this thread (as noted below).

Mr VDJ due to your earlier disparaging comments on this FA thread regarding Master Rhee Chong Chul you maybe interested in this wiki page ( as noted above) regarding Rhee Tae Kwon Do (Australia), trust it fills in some blanks for you. Cheers.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, 18 August 2007 9:33:23 AM
Google Web Alert for: rhee chong hyup
FightingArts.com Forums: Introducing myself
Master Rhee Chong Chul started Rhee Taekwondo in the late 196O's with the assistance of his 2 brothers, Master Rhee Chong Hyup (also one of the 1st of the ...

I have seen this all before and I do not consider wikipedia a reliable source for anything as anybody can go in an edit the contents. I don't know why this thread has been thrusted to the front again as it looks like its last post was back in January. Some of my questions have been answered but I still have concerns on some of what I had learned. Doesn't matter, its old hat anyway !

VDJ

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga