FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ronin1966 3
futsaowingchun 3
AndyLA 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Matakiant 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by cxt
10/10/14 10:08 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35581 Topics
432508 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#309045 - 03/10/08 04:11 PM Re: Union of ITF and WTF [Re: ITFunity]
von1 Offline

ITFUNITY

I know I have always stated that the school I train at is WTF affiliated but I just remembered that we also have an ITF logo on the window next to the WTF logo. Is it possible that we are a member of both? When I went on the ITF site to read about the unification talks I saw ITF logo and I remembered we have one too.

Sounds like a silly question but as I have stated before my instructor is from Korea and even though he has been in the states a long time communicating with him on historical matters is difficult. Too much gets lost in his English interpretation of the facts. This is part of why I am limited on historical knowledge, the rest is my fault. Why would we have both logos when he is president of this states WTF chapter? I am sooooo confused! When I question him on WTF, ITF matters all I get is one word answer and a big smile. Politics is the answer, and I believe the smile is him wanting to better explain but he realizes his communication skills are not good enough.

#309046 - 03/10/08 05:10 PM Re: Union of ITF and WTF [Re: ITFunity]
VDJ Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Looks like the ITF-NK & WTF had 2 more days of meetings in Beijing, China on March 1st & 2nd, 2008. They issued a joint statement:

www.internationaltaekwon-dofederation.com

What does it all really mean ? You will still have practioners on both sides who will hold animosity, you have 2 other ITF orgs still claiming to be the "Original" and what is it really uniting ? I know the quick answer is the Korea's, but TKD is a global thing with many different opinions and politics, more so than any other art I can think of. The funny thing I am seeing in this, and its not really a bad thing I guess, is the compromise they are seeking with each other. And lets be honest, when it came to TKD the General didn't really have the reputation for compromise, so where will all the compromise stand with the practioners who see it as the General's art and those who don't. I'm not trying to be a downer, I am just really curious as to what is trying to be accomplished.

VDJ

#309047 - 03/10/08 08:59 PM Re: Union of ITF and WTF [Re: von1]
von1 Offline

Quote:

ITFUNITY

I know I have always stated that the school I train at is WTF affiliated but I just remembered that we also have an ITF logo on the window next to the WTF logo. Is it possible that we are a member of both? When I went on the ITF site to read about the unification talks I saw ITF logo and I remembered we have one too.

Sounds like a silly question but as I have stated before my instructor is from Korea and even though he has been in the states a long time communicating with him on historical matters is difficult. Too much gets lost in his English interpretation of the facts. This is part of why I am limited on historical knowledge, the rest is my fault. Why would we have both logos when he is president of this states WTF chapter? I am sooooo confused! When I question him on WTF, ITF matters all I get is one word answer and a big smile. Politics is the answer, and I believe the smile is him wanting to better explain but he realizes his communication skills are not good enough.

ITF

Disregard this post I am an ediot. The logo I remember is simalir colors and round thats about it.

Red in the face

#309048 - 03/10/08 10:04 PM Re: Union of ITF and WTF [Re: VDJ]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

www.internationaltaekwon-dofederation.com

I know the quick answer is the Korea's, but TKD is a global thing with many different opinions and politics, more so than any other art I can think of. The funny thing I am seeing in this, and its not really a bad thing I guess, is the compromise they are seeking with each other. And lets be honest, when it came to TKD the General didn't really have the reputation for compromise, so where will all the compromise stand with the practioners who see it as the General's art and those who don't. I'm not trying to be a downer, I am just really curious as to what is trying to be accomplished. VDJ

Yes, but the agreement signed by the ITF & WTF in the early 1980s had loads of compromise, with more concessions from the ITF. However the WTF never executed or honored the signature by their Secty Genl. BTW, the intitial meeting was arranged by the SK Consulate General stationed abroad. So it shows the level of politics involved.

#309049 - 03/10/08 10:07 PM Re: Union of ITF and WTF [Re: von1]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

Sounds like a silly question but as I have stated before my instructor is from Korea and even though he has been in the states a long time communicating with him on historical matters is difficult. Too much gets lost in his English interpretation of the facts. This is part of why I am limited on historical knowledge, the rest is my fault. When I question him on WTF, ITF matters all I get is one word answer and a big smile. Politics is the answer, and I believe the smile is him wanting to better explain but he realizes his communication skills are not good enough.

No problem Von1, BTW, how long has he been out of Korea? And what is his background? How old?
these clues can help me offer some insight. You can PM me if you wish.

#309050 - 03/11/08 11:31 AM Re: Union of ITF and WTF [Re: ITFunity]
von1 Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like a silly question but as I have stated before my instructor is from Korea and even though he has been in the states a long time communicating with him on historical matters is difficult. Too much gets lost in his English interpretation of the facts. This is part of why I am limited on historical knowledge, the rest is my fault. When I question him on WTF, ITF matters all I get is one word answer and a big smile. Politics is the answer, and I believe the smile is him wanting to better explain but he realizes his communication skills are not good enough.

No problem Von1, BTW, how long has he been out of Korea? And what is his background? How old?
these clues can help me offer some insight. You can PM me if you wish.

His name is Grand Master Sang Sup Kil he is 64 yrs. old. and he has been in the states since 1980. His younger brother Master Young Sup Kil is here also. He is a fantastic instructor but not well at long involved verbal exchanges. He speaks highly of all TKD when he does speak, but like I said these conversations are far and few and not real involved. He can be googled. Pay no mind to the kils web site it is really corny, one of the worst I have seen and does not represent the organization well at all.

I realize that considering Grand Master Sang Sup Kil"s age and the time period he arrived in the states he was most likely sent here to promote sport TKD but he is much more than sport and trains students accordingly. I have never once herd a negative comment regarding any TKD organization from him, he seems to admire any participation in the art of TKD. He lives for TKD.

Edited by von1 (03/11/08 11:45 AM)

#309051 - 03/11/08 04:12 PM Re: Union of ITF and WTF [Re: von1]
von1 Offline

ITFUNITY

Should have thought of this earlier,

http://www.kilstkdonline.com/grandmaster1.html

#309052 - 03/11/08 10:59 PM Re: Union of ITF and WTF [Re: von1]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

kool!
thanks

#309053 - 03/11/08 11:11 PM Re: Union of ITF and WTF [Re: ITFunity]
von1 Offline

If you learn anything of interest regarding this please share.

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga