FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 6
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Recent Posts
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35572 Topics
432478 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#303425 - 11/25/06 07:23 PM Re: Got attacked today... [Re: Cord]
Dauragon c mikado Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
Originally posted by Cord:
Quote:

As for 'my training didnt kick in' We have seen you spar full contact remember- your training doesn't even kick in when you are training.

#303426 - 11/25/06 09:24 PM Re: Got attacked today... [Re: Dauragon c mikado]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Loc: Australia, QLD, GC
hehe yeah i guess

#303427 - 12/01/06 02:57 AM Re: Got attacked today... [Re: crablord]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
I think that was a lesson well learned. If you knew these guys were druggies next time you be the sane person don't speak out just react if he tries to attack you.

As for your training not kicking in, I think it did you just didn't follow up. It reminds me of this student (now a Instructor) that that told me that his training didn't work. He was knocking this guy down with a kick but the guy kept gettng up. Like I told him your training worked you just didn't follow up. You LET HIM GET BACK UP, too proud of your handy work.

Your hook hit him, if you would have followed up you may would have floored him, probably. In the street a hook punch or any technique is not going to be perfect sometimes, but a hit is a hit, what you really want is a technique that changes his mind on who he's attacked!!! If I had a dime for every ugly technique that hit or floored a attacker I'd have some money.

If you thought his missed attack could have, what do you think he thought about your strike that did, he is proablby still feeling his jaw or loose tooth. Thinking man I hate I picked that guy, he wasn't as weak as he looked damn.

Don't worry about it being pretty or text book, worry about that it got him off your a$$!!!

Lesson learned, shutup and follow up if you have too. Or once he gets in range he never finishes his attack. Good job, man. Ain't nothing wrong with running thats part of your training. Ain't nobody gonna raise your hand give you a trophy. The Trophy is that you didn't freez and you defend yourself.

Sorry for being long winded but you sounding like you lost something but you really gained.

#303428 - 12/01/06 03:48 AM Re: Got attacked today... [Re: Neko456]
mark Offline
sword of magnamity

Loc: uk
Nice one mate! Its always scary and best to avoid using your skills. But you walked away in one peace thatís what matters.

You said he missed with his attack, or did you evade it? (Constant training actually working in the subconscious)

A Neko says ďa hit is a hitĒ it wasnít a training partner holding the kick shield, or the punch bag, it was a real person, cant have been that sloppy a punch as it hit and took him out!! (did he fall?)

Iím not surprised that some of the more self righteous on these forums, who seek any opportunity to lecture from on high have given you some criticism.

Self preservation is of course important, but living with the feeling you are a total coward and that a lesser creature has got the better of you is a hard pill to swallow.

So MY criticism is this:- Why didnít you hit the other guys as well?

Regards

Mark

#303429 - 12/01/06 11:02 AM Re: Got attacked today... [Re: mark]
globetrotter Offline
does unto others before they do unto him

Loc: ny usa
crablord,

I don't want to add critisism, but I want to gently suggest something. the posts that I ahve seen of yours in the past week have had to deal with critisism of "excessive" violence - the silly thread about rubber tubing and the thread about cops. then, in a real life situation, it could be argued that you used substantially less than suffitent force to complete what you were trying to do.

i would consider the relationship between these facts.

I would venture that you kick better than I do, and have a great deal better wind that I do. I would say that you probrably have much better form. however, the times that I have had to use violence, it was over quickly and cleanly.

just something to think about.

#303430 - 12/01/06 11:59 AM Re: Got attacked today... [Re: globetrotter]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
As far as your training not coming in handy is concerned, I think it comes down to lot's and lot's of hard live (or Alive) training, including sparring, hard, grappling, live, all in, adrenal stress training as was mentioned, etc.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#303431 - 12/09/06 01:40 PM Re: Got attacked today... [Re: crablord]
peham Offline
Stranger

Well, i have no idea what you are training at. i myself train for 5 years in Goju ryu karate (currenlt brown belt)and i must say few things i have learned during my trainings, lots of reading stuff and 2 street incidents i had to "resolve":
it is obvious that you will not execute 100% of your abilities in trainings in real street fight. about 70% will be expected and just enough - this is the result of pressure and having to face the REAL thing. this is why teachers requires 100% - so the 70% which will finally be executed will be enough.
there is a strong need to use imagination during your trainings - don't see it as safe as it is. always see opponents who wants to hurt you.
i've seen many people from all levels training in my method and others who just don't get it. time gave them ranks and they think they are invinsible till a true street test happens. there is a true need in making a mind switch at some point of the trainings - we learn deadly arts.
if "all your training went to hell", i believe it is a problem in your mind and the way you participate in your lessons. a good time to do that mind switch - think about it.

#303432 - 12/09/06 07:44 PM Re: Got attacked today... [Re: peham]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Mentallity is just as important as any punch, kick or combination you could ever learn. If you arent prepared mentally the best techniques will fail you.

#303433 - 12/10/06 05:32 PM Re: Got attacked today... [Re: mark]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Iím not surprised that some of the more self righteous on these forums, who seek any opportunity to lecture from on high have given you some criticism.

oh I do hope that was aimed at me- i always welcome new members to my fanclub
Is pointing out the stupidity of hurling verbal insults and smack-talk at potentialy violent people when you have absolutely no wish to fight them a 'self righteous' post?

i am in regular contact with Crab, and am in the process of helping him make the right choices academicaly to fulfill his wish of working in the fitness industry.
You actualy helped anyone on here recently?

See- now that came off as self righteous.

Quote:

Self preservation is of course important

Of course. Thats why inflaming aggressive people is dumb. Fight if you have to, dont cause trouble with a big mouth that makes promises the body can't keep.

#303434 - 12/10/06 06:00 PM Re: Got attacked today... [Re: Cord]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
Quote:

Fight if you have to, dont cause trouble with a big mouth that makes promises the body can't keep.

Now that's good! You should trademark that, put it on tee-shirt, or surreptiously put it in fortune cookie for an unwitting recipient at a cheap Chinese restaurant.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga