FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#299809 - 01/02/08 01:15 AM Re: What is 'Truth'? [Re: Stormdragon]
EFRAIN Offline

Loc: Paterson, NJ USA
Thanx for the back up lol Good Shyt there

#299810 - 01/02/08 02:26 AM Re: What is 'Truth'? [Re: Stormdragon]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chicago, IL
I did not insult you. I did not even address my comment to you. I cannot imagine why you have taken such personal offense at this.

#299811 - 01/02/08 02:56 AM Re: What is 'Truth'? [Re: fileboy2002]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Quote:

Drivel.

Why do Westerners fall for meaningless, pseudo-philosophical blather like this so readily?

Here's a hint: just because it is hard to understand does not mean it represents "wisdom."

This is the insult I'm talking about which I thought was directed toward my comment.
Anyway I think my origional "heated debate" was with Baumschrat and somehow I mistook them for you although at some point I had a disagreement with you leading to this.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#299812 - 01/02/08 02:58 AM Truth thread-jokogas might actually be right! [Re: JKogas]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Quote:

Of course there is absolute truth.

Here is another example of that truth. 70 miles per hour is the speed limit on I-40 between Statesville and Winston-Salem, North Carolina. It is absolute truth because it's an irrefutable fact.

Be careful not to let those into mental masturbation attempt to have you believe that the sun is shining when the rain is pouring. Dig?

-John

Dang I hate to admit it but I think jkogas is the one on the right track here.

Edited by Stormdragon (01/02/08 02:59 AM)
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#299813 - 01/17/08 07:40 PM Re: Truth thread-jokogas might actually be right! [Re: Stormdragon]
stormbringer Offline
Extraordinaire

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Of course there is absolute truth.
Here is another example of that truth. 70 miles per hour is the speed limit on I-40 between Statesville and Winston-Salem, North Carolina. It is absolute truth because it's an irrefutable fact.

Be careful not to let those into mental masturbation attempt to have you believe that the sun is shining when the rain is pouring. Dig?
-John

Dang I hate to admit it but I think jkogas is the one on the right track here.

I agree. Absolute truth depends upon unbiased fact: what really happened (no grey areas). Absolute truth becomes distorted because we filter information to reflect our personalities; the result is relative truth. Let's take jkogas' statement a step further. We have the Little Old Lady from Pasadena and Mario Andretti on that same stretch of interstate both going 70 mph. Granny thinks it's fast because she's used to 15 Mph in the left hand lane. On the other hand, Mario thinks it's rather slow because he's used to 100+. Who's truth is true?

For the second part: there's nothing wrong with having a positive outlook. Various studies indicate people with positive outlooks are generally happier and much more fun to be around.

#299814 - 01/18/08 04:51 AM Re: What is 'Truth'? [Re: harlan]
MatsFondelius Offline

Hi,

The Truth is that the REAL Truth is the Truth about " Trueth " Love!!!

Mats Fondelius

#299815 - 02/03/08 08:19 PM Re: What is 'Truth'? [Re: MatsFondelius]
Vennificus Offline

Loc: The frozen realms of Kah-Nah-D...

so, stormy, your saying optimists are usually more optimistic XD.

Truth. What indeed is it indeed. You are asking two questions in one! What is truth? truth is that wich is. What is true? by our scientists and our theories, the universe does not exist and by that logic, everything we know is false, and thus nothing is true and truth does not exist. But I have lost faith in science (an oxymoron, to think of faith in science)
and will continue to beleive that it is very ture that I am...was just eating a rice crispy square,

#299816 - 02/04/08 10:05 AM Re: What is 'Truth'? [Re: Vennificus]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

are you a hunter and gatherer now?, or do you drive a car to the temperature controled supermarket and purchase food with money you earned from a field of non physical labor specialization?

did you get vaccinated when you were a kid? how are those holding up for you?

or... did the science around you break-down as soon as you lost 'faith' in it? Thats the difference isn't it. science doesn't break down just because you stop recognizing it.

#299817 - 02/04/08 02:07 PM Re: What is 'Truth'? [Re: Ed_Morris]
Vennificus Offline

Loc: The frozen realms of Kah-Nah-D...
I go hunting and gathering from time to time. no i do not, Not technically, no, No they lost my card for vaccines, Haven't gotten one in a few years,

and I'm sorry, Science isn't wrong, scientists are. I haven't lost all faith in science, just some when they tell me one thing and then tell me something that totally contradicts the others. When I was told that there were only three types of matter? Plasma was classified as the fourth. When I was told that there were NINE planets in the solar system? They downgraded pluto so now we have eight (otherwise we'd have around 12). When I was told that computers weren't going to get much faster? Ps3. screens couldn't get thinner? OLED (organic light emmting diode, You can paper your wall with this stuff).
I don't take things at face value ever scince I was told the universe doesn't actually exist, and time was discrete not continuous.

So Scientists will continue to tell me that I am not in fact eating my muffin, I'm just gonna keep chewing on a large blob of nothing and carry on.

#299818 - 02/05/08 06:37 PM Re: What is 'Truth'? [Re: Vennificus]
fileboy2002 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Chicago, IL
Have religious leaders, mystics, or gurus been more realiable than scientists?

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga