FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 9
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 4
VDJ 2
FrankyFruits 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432473 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#299036 - 11/03/06 11:08 PM Torrent sites
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Northern California, USA
I don't know how many of you know about peer to peer torrent sites, but this is a way of getting your hands on virtually limitless resources on all sorts of subjects.

For FA.com I am refering specifically to the martial arts material you get for free. Stuf like MA documentories, video/dvd instrcutionals, the latest UFC/pride fights literally hours within when they took place.

I know there some legal issues but there are ways to down load safely, and certain torrent sites are private by invitation only and there is no need to pay for the down loads, just make sure you keep your down load and upoad ratio within reason.

I bring this up because sometimes there are those who cannot afford instructions in a martial art, and really shouldn't have to pay the outrageous prices for an instrctional video/dvd when you can down load it for free. I for one cannot afford to pay for the latest boxing pay per view or the latest UFC, nor can I afford personal instrcutions with the Gracies or machados, but a few hours of downloading and I can have that knowledge on my pc. Basically it'sall about sharring files.
Vinci

#299037 - 11/03/06 11:45 PM Re: Torrent sites [Re: TeK9]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

bit torrent is a great idea...for people who don't know, it's a way to transfer either very large files or entire DVD's & CD's.

the time to transfer is a function of how slow your connection is vs. how slow the host computer sending the file is. It's also a function of how many people are downloading from the same host at the same time.

the way it works is by setting up a designated area on your hard-drive as a host computer. people then basically logon to your available file section and download what they want.

there is a 'pause' feature that allows you to continue downloading at a later time if the traffic gets congested. and it remembers where you left off.

I believe copyright laws apply, so be careful with giving out protected material.

if you have a slow connection, don't even bother....it would take literally days to download a 2-hour DVD. (same amount of time to mail it!)

maybe they've made improvements since I last installed and tried this technology a year ago....but it's probably basically the same.

a glimpse of the future as it relates to this site...as technology progresses, people won't be satisfied with 'clips' on youtube. there will be people putting out downloadable instruction DVD's, movies, documentaries...etc.

...and we'll STILL be saying (and rightly so) the best way to learn is in-person with sweat and bruises.

#299038 - 11/04/06 01:06 AM Re: Torrent sites [Re: Ed_Morris]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

I was just suggesting it because for instance I am a member of a private site and I can only invite 2 people, but if I invite 2 people from this site, then they can invite 2 people and so forth, that way everyone can get on. Also there are thousands of sites out there of which I don't know about but others on here might. For instance I was able to view a DVD copy of that BBC martial arts documentory you ordered a few months ago. And much, much more.

I don't know if you real but I had suggested that maybe if you upoaded onto a torrent site, but you were nervious about copy right laws. But using peer guardian helps protect downloaders from fbi and other agencies, ofcourse there is no guarantee. Most problems arise from music and not videos.
Vinci

#299039 - 11/04/06 01:33 AM Re: Torrent sites [Re: TeK9]
jamesjj Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I wouldn't mind an invite...

#299040 - 11/04/06 02:25 AM Re: Torrent sites [Re: TeK9]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Some guys at work told me about Torrent and stuff. My brother-in-law belongs to one of those invite sites and has incredible download speeds. I have in the past month or so visited Torrentspy.com and have download some stuff. Here is a website showing the top 35 Torrent sites.

http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/peersharing/a/torrent_search.htm

I've only downloaded a song I needed plus the movie "The Warriors" from the late 70's and then a few other movies such as "V for Vendetta". An excellent DVD rip that took 2.5 hours to download and I was glad I did not go see it or rent it as it was a horrible movie.

#299041 - 11/04/06 07:25 AM Re: Torrent sites [Re: Dereck]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Be careful some of those sites are not safe. Because they are public and very popular often they are being monitored.
Vinci

#299042 - 11/05/06 05:07 AM Re: Torrent sites [Re: TeK9]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Loc: Australia, QLD, GC
I doubt anyone would be monitoring martial arts dvd's. More likely they would be looking at games and movies. A friend of mine downloaded battle for middle earth 2 a week ago at torrentspy.com. Use either that site or limewire. If you do go to a torrent site then id reccomend you download a program called bitcomet to do your downloading. Its faster than most other programs. Good luck downloading your (legal of course ) vids

#299043 - 11/05/06 11:23 AM Re: Torrent sites [Re: crablord]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

The program I am reffering to is Peer Guardian. It's used along with bittorrent. It helps protect your pc from virus, like a firewall. It also helps keep you safe from copy right authorities while your downloading.

Before downloading anything from a torrent sie, you should first turn on Peer Guardian.
Vinci

#299044 - 11/06/06 03:07 AM Re: Torrent sites [Re: TeK9]
nekogami13 V2.0 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Texas, USA
Yes, why pay the outrageous prices for anything when you can just steal it.

Dress it up any way you like, downloading copyrighted pay for material(music, books, movies, training vids) is theft-plain and simple.

If you don't have the money to buy something-get a job and save up for it. Being poor or just lazy is not justification for stealing.

#299045 - 11/06/06 06:11 AM Re: Torrent sites [Re: nekogami13 V2.0]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Loc: Australia, QLD, GC
..isnt it? lol - its not like it makes a difference really. I mean if i steal a game off EA then they dont give a rats..its not like stealing an old lady's handbag. And there is the whole moral thing..but of course that only applies if you give a ****

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga