FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matakiant 3
AndyLA 3
futsaowingchun 3
Victor Smith 1
ergees 1
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Today at 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Today at 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#298158 - 12/15/06 10:43 PM Re: Any vegetarians here? [Re: vegantkd]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Kind of makes sense although I want examples of famous smart people who were vegetarians. I know very inteligent people who are meat eaters. Got to have qualitative evidence.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#298159 - 12/15/06 11:12 PM Re: Any vegetarians here? [Re: Stormdragon]
vegantkd Offline

Quote:

Kind of makes sense although I want examples of famous smart people who were vegetarians. I know very inteligent people who are meat eaters. Got to have qualitative evidence.

Well, how about Albert Einstein, Albert Schweitzer, Alice Walker, Ben Franklin, Dr. Spock (not the Star Trek guy although Leonard Nemoy is vegetarian too), Charles Darwin, Dr. Kellogg, Pythagoras, Steve Jobs, Thomas Edison, Henry Heimlich, Thoreau, Rousseau, Tolstoy, Da Vinci, Ghandi, Peter Singer?

#298160 - 12/15/06 11:53 PM Re: Any vegetarians here? [Re: vegantkd]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Yeah that'll work. lol
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#298161 - 12/16/06 02:41 AM Re: Any vegetarians here? [Re: vegantkd]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Well, how about Albert Einstein, Albert Schweitzer, Alice Walker, Ben Franklin, Dr. Spock (not the Star Trek guy although Leonard Nemoy is vegetarian too), Charles Darwin, Dr. Kellogg, Pythagoras, Steve Jobs, Thomas Edison, Henry Heimlich, Thoreau, Rousseau, Tolstoy, Da Vinci, Ghandi, Peter Singer?

You forgot Adolf Hitler

#298162 - 12/16/06 03:53 AM Re: Any vegetarians here? [Re: Cord]
vegantkd Offline

Yeah but Hitler wasn't so much intelligent as he was charismatic. And aside from that he was like one of those lameasses who says "I'm vegetarian but I eat chicken." He ate meat when he felt like it.

#298163 - 12/16/06 08:45 AM Re: Any vegetarians here? [Re: vegantkd]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Yeah but Hitler wasn't so much intelligent as he was charismatic.

So we agree that vegetarianism does not equate with intelligence?, nor benevolence.

there are so many levels of vegetarianism. From uber-vegan to 'fish and chicken grow on trees'.

As with every dietary choice, eating properly within the perameters you set yourself is what maximises your chances of health benefit. A clueless vegan is going to come into severe nutrient deficiency very quickly, making them in far worse health than an omnivor who likes a steak at the weekend.

figures regarding veggies having better physiological health are also misleading, as they do not indicate related factors that may contribute to the results.

people who make such a big lifestyle change as to become veggies often do so out of a perception that it is the 'healthy' option. Such people are also less likely to smoke, drink heavily, and more likely to take some form of exercise. As stereotypical as it may sound, having been in the fitness industry for some time, it is an observation that the 'vegeterian mindset' gravitates towards things such as pilates and yoga- known for their 'stress busting' qualities.

The chances are that a meat eater, who does not smoke, drink heavily, takes regular exercise incorporating stress management techniques, will have just as robust a physiology as a vegetarian.

Conversely, a hard drinking chain smoking veggie who's idea of exercise is the new Wii controller is very likely to be on his way to an early grave.

Statistics only prove what the collators want them to prove.

#298164 - 12/16/06 10:20 AM Re I AM VEGETARIAN BECAUSE I HAVE DIABETES [Re: Cord]
quelab22 Offline
Stranger

Quelab, welcome to the forums. I appreciate that you appear to be speaking from personal experience regarding your diabetes, but I will not allow any link to products that encourage insulin dependant diabetics to ditch this life saving medication in favour of sauna's and homeopathic remedies. simply no medical backing or endorsment of such an act, and insulin keeps many 100o's of people alive.
I also have no idea if this is advertising or not as i have no idea of you and your intentions on this site- advertising is not allowed, so another reason your post has been deleted.

It also had NOTHING to do with the discussion regarding vegetarian diets.

No advertising. No advocating potentialy fatal health management systems. No derailing of threads.

Simple rules. See how you do from there.

Cord.

Edited by Cord (12/16/06 12:19 PM)

#298165 - 12/16/06 12:57 PM Re: Any vegetarians here? [Re: Cord]
vegantkd Offline

Quote:

So we agree that vegetarianism does not equate with intelligence?, nor benevolence.

Damn people, I still never said one way or the other. Stop assuming I'm taking a side. Personally I don't care if vegetarians are smarter. I know that I'm vegan and that I'm intelligent and that I'm a good athlete and that's all that matters to me. I could care less if Einstein was vegetarian or Hitler was vegetarian.
And as far as nutrition goes, I already said each diet has it's own pros and cons. I did it for ethical reasons without regard to nutrition at the time (of course I subsequently learned about the nutritional aspects of it). And all the people I know who say "I tried being vegetarian but I got really sick." all give me the same answer when I ask them what kind of food they ate: "I ate a LOT of pizza and I tried them veggieburgers." Yeah well guess what, if you're a meat eater and you eat nothing but pizza and cheeseburgers you're still going to get sick.

#298166 - 12/16/06 02:52 PM Re: Any vegetarians here? [Re: vegantkd]
Christie Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Waterloo, ON
I fail to see how there can be any correlation between vegetarianism and intelligence. There are far too many people whom I would consider intelligent who are not vegetarians and vice versa. Just as there are certainly vegetarians out there who are not as intelligent and vice versa. Not to mention the definition of what it is to be intelligent is very much so dependant on one's social surrounding.

I for one am a vegetarian for religious reasons.

#298167 - 12/16/06 03:17 PM Re: Any vegetarians here? [Re: Christie]
vegantkd Offline

What I find funny about the article that I posted is that their big finding was that less than 1/20 (366) of their test group were vegetarian BUT 1/3 of those weren't actually even vegetarians. So actually about 122 were vegetarian. And they don't mention anything about how that correlated with the actual IQ's. Unless I missed something.

Edited by vegantkd (12/16/06 03:36 PM)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga