FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 10
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 4
cxt 3
ergees 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432473 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#298070 - 10/31/06 04:16 PM This forum is dead.
Landus Offline

Loc: UK
I've just noticed this, which is a huge shame. I find pressure points really interesting and quite amazing.

The amount of damage one can inflict. The simpleness, there is some sort of elegance about PP's which I find intriguing. I don't seem to have much of a point to this thread, not much of a topic, but I'm just trying to bring some life to this forum. So I guess I'll ask....

What intrigues you about pressure points?
What's your favourite pressure point to strike?
Is there a martial art devoted to pressure points?

#298071 - 11/01/06 10:48 AM Re: This forum is dead. [Re: Landus]
underdog Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mansfield, MA U.S.A.
I didn't think the forum was dead exactly, just a low traffic area! The provocative title you gave your thread caught my eye. I'm not sure about your motivation.

I like pressure points because they are the unsung common denominator for just about all technique except the "slug'em as hard as you can" technique. My favorite pressure point is the one that is there when I need it. My own belief is that pressure points are there, or were there, or could be added to any style. I'm expecting to meet practitioners from styles I never heard of and then some in France this weekend at the K.I. international conference.

What is your background in PP Landus, and who are you? Your profile gave no clue.

#298072 - 11/01/06 12:51 PM Re: This forum is dead. [Re: underdog]
jamesjj Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I'm pretty sure that the Northern Eagle Claw system has a good deal of pressure points. My favorite would have to be the nerves just behind the jaw. Although i've just recently started to learn where pressure points are and my knowledge of them is limited. However i find them very interesting.

#298073 - 11/03/06 01:46 PM Re: This forum is dead. [Re: jamesjj]
Landus Offline

Loc: UK
I have been learning the application of PP for about 2 years now. I did this before Tai Chi, and I did it as my own sort of art. I currently do kickboxing.

What fueled this post was a mixture of seeing a response I had made about 2 months ago still near the top of the forum. Also, because I would genuinely like to see more about PP's and learn more from people that regularly do them.

I am hoping later on I can put my knowledge to use and possibly take up an art that incorprates it. Like I said, I find PP's incredible, so deadly, yet so oftenly simple.

#298074 - 11/03/06 08:08 PM Re: This forum is dead. [Re: Landus]
Tsuruken Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Landus,

Lets get this forum moving then shall we?

What intrigues me about pressure points is the relative ease of application and the results of same.

The Gall Bladder points are among my favourites to strike and manipulate.

Taiji is devoted to points as is my own style of White Crane. Every application revolves around the seizing, manipulation or striking of points.

#298075 - 11/04/06 01:00 AM Re: This forum is dead. [Re: Landus]
kyokushinkai Offline

Loc: Prince Edward Island , Canada
I think the reason this is a low traffick area is because of the way PP are explained.. They are always explained in meridians etc. Which is natural because its the traditional way, but.. man I have no clue whats ever going on I see like Liver5 or heart3, and am thinking.. man I wish I knew what that ment I bet it would be cool.

If they could be explained by saying like.. In between the shoulder blades closer middle back is a PP which is ( continue rabbling )

This sub-forum is part of the reason I joined FA, but I quickly realized that It is quite hard to decipher these by Text, Some diagrams are present but they are always so small and I can never read the writing. I just see a man in a loincloth and dots on him with lines moving outward.

#298076 - 11/05/06 11:20 AM Re: This forum is dead. [Re: Landus]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Northern California, USA
I'm in the middle of getting Jack Hogans seminar from Fineland. I'm getting all 4 dvds. He discusses, pressure points, Dillmans method, Small circle theory and concepts. I've seen Mr. Dillmans stuff on a couple of documentories and Believe it or not shows, but I've never actually seen the entire seminar. I wonder if this stuff wil be easy to learn. Also I to question lke most other MAist, the practicality of applying pressure point techniques. I am a big believer in vital points, however, I know nothing about pressure points they seem to precise to be of real use in self defense when everything must be done under pressure.

Hmm thats all I have to say, I've really only came in here to let you know I'm getting those 4 dvds and because you guys sem to need some conversation in here, so let me know what you think about Dillman, his seminars, Jack Hogan, the application of pressure points in self defense and so forth.

I'll be back to read your statements. Um please remember that I am a newb to this area. I don't mean to come off saying something like PP's are worthless, but like many I am just skeptical.
Vinci

#298077 - 11/05/06 06:25 PM Re: This forum is dead. [Re: TeK9]
Tsuruken Offline

Loc: Australia
TeK9,

Too be honest I'm not a real fan of the Dillman method. I follow the Traditional Chinese Medicine approach to Dim-Mak (Erle Montaigue).

#298078 - 11/05/06 06:59 PM Re: This forum is dead. [Re: kyokushinkai]
McSensei Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kent, England
Kyok...

I think Gavin may take exception to what you wrote.
His points of the week always come with fairly easy to understand applications and he even posted a video recently in another thread to show how to use them.

http://www.combatarena.co.uk/CA_Instructional_Vid_1.wmv

What more do people want?
Perhaps he should whizz around the place giving one to one demonstrations in peoples living rooms.

Or you could do what I do with PPs. Look at the diagrams that you mention and then have a prod about on yourself to locate them.

#298079 - 11/06/06 04:45 AM Re: This forum is dead. [Re: TeK9]
TeK9 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Northern California, USA
Oh boy...I just finished watching the second video of Jack Hogans seminar and he did the no touch knock out.
Vinci

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga