FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
royal 2
Jeff_G 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#294438 - 10/18/06 12:23 PM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: 1neikoot]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Quote:

Sounds fun, can I play

Yes, you can start by taking your head out of your ass and stop making stupid posts.

#294439 - 10/18/06 01:02 PM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: JoelM]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

Thats Negative one moderator point for Joel for using ass and stupid in the same post.

#294440 - 10/19/06 03:40 AM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: 1neikoot]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
I will tell you where 1neikoot went wrong. First it was that he conceived a notion in his head that he knew everything there was about the MMA world and the UFC. Second was when he turned on his computer and pulled up FA.com and selected the Grappling/MMA Forum and then selected "post". Thirdly is when he put thoughts to words and then pressing "submit".

Another mistake was letting everybody know that he hadn't posted for a time and that he was freshly back and he started with this type of rambling. And another big mistake was addressing this post to anybody that thought the UFC had badass fighters. Then to compound it he capitalized UFC FIGHTERS SUCK without any basis to back this up. Then to make matters worse he said "suck BIGTIME". Just as a smaller note, "big time" is two words not one!!! And then to say they have "no skills at all" ... again without basis to back this up.

And the grand daddy of all mistakes he made ... I logged in to read it!

#294441 - 10/19/06 04:00 AM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: Dereck]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
Oh oh oh!! This is fun, this is fun. ..

He started speaking without facts to back up his opinion. I mean real solid facts. Comparing 1 person from UFC to whole Pride doesn't work.

Another thing is that he says they lack skill, but we have to remember, they fight for a living. I doubt that anyone who spends 6/7 days a week training can suck at fighting.

For his info, changing your atmosphere can, in the beginning, screw you up. For example, MT boxers have a hard time in the beginning to adjust themselves to the rules of K-1, even to the point where they might look as if they suck. Look at Buakaw now, after doing additional boxing training. Same goes with UFC fighters who fights in Pride, it's just something that needs time.

Quote:

badass

Is not a word. It's 2. Bad ass. if you want to link them together you put "-" between them. Bad-ass. (Sorry, but Dereck started it)

Quote:

UFC fighters should switch to decaf, start meditating how badly they suck, and then hopefully they can understand that fitness and stamina is not the only thing in a fight, even experience isn't enough.

If fitness and stamina isn't everything, how are you to last every match? I bet you, not many people can endure a whole round with these guys. Experience is everything. Techniques comes with experience, rhytm and tempo comes with experience. Without experience, you can't beat anyone. Don't even think about beating, without experience you wouldn't be able defend yourself. Learning something is to aqcuire experience.

Quote:

actual skilled fighter are "zero". Anybody can throw sloppy punches and kicks like they do, anyone can go to the ground and clinch without doing anything.

Sloppy? A kick is a kick, a punch is a punch. Using those 2 weapons against another skilled opponent is one of the most difficult thing. 1 mistake means you go to the ground where the game is extremely difficult against a skilled opponent. "Clinch and go to the ground and do nothing". That's called a stale-mate. It's a mind-game, that's the beauty of grappling. 1 wrong executed technique can mean you get tapped. Simple as that. Rather be careful than forceful. Like my sensei said "have time, no need rush".

Oldman, do I get 2 points for this?

Oh, the most stupid thing yet so far. Not deleting the post when Dereck logged on. That's a very bad mistake. You'll regret it forever and ever. It will haunt you till your last breathe.

-Taison out

#294442 - 10/19/06 05:24 AM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: 1neikoot]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
What the hey, I wouldn't mind some easy points

Quote:

Although Tyson is not a good example and is controversial since he hasn't been in a UFC match, you have to agree that nobody could hold they're own in a stand up match with Tyson.

Skewed argument- requires an athlete to compete in an unfamiliar event. Its like criticising a champion swimmer for not being able to throw a javeline

I want a bonus for pointing out that the above quote stipulates that nobody could hold their own in a stand up match against Tyson. This statement does not infer a scope specific to the UFC, therefore I am compelled to point out Tysons many defeats in the boxing ring, thus proving that there are many who can not only hold their own, but defeat Tyson in a stand up match.

I also want a point for reminding 1neikoot that Tyson has gone on record in interview as admitting he wouldn't fancy his chances in the octagon, and that when considering a 'superfight' with Bob Sapp, he was insisting on it being pure boxing, as he did not want to encounter any kicks.

I hereby forfeit any bonus points I hope to have just earned, for the chance to call 1keinoot a complete Dolt

Thank you for your time.

#294443 - 10/19/06 07:37 AM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: 1neikoot]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
The biggest offense that I saw was what I pointed out earilier -- talking smack about ANYONE that actually goes and gets into a cage to fight while he wages HIS battle from the security of his bedroom computer (and probably up doing so while mom and dad think you're asleep).

There's a fine line between giving your opinion about UFC fighters and simply bashing them and the entire organization. Speaking your mind while being respectful on the forum is fine with me. I won't have a problem with that as I didn't in this case. But don't be an ass about it or, you WILL be penalized.

-John

#294444 - 10/19/06 07:59 AM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: JKogas]
Tom2199 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: England
thing that made me laugh he says ufc fighters have no skill, then refers to silva as 'the man'
silva is a wild puncher nothing to skillfull about him apart from his groundwork

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga