FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT, sagat
22914 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
AndyLA 2
ergees 2
log1call 1
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
Recent Posts
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
09/09/14 05:55 PM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/07/14 07:01 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
09/02/14 06:26 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
Forum Stats
22914 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432491 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#294418 - 10/17/06 06:51 PM Hey UFC stars
1neikoot Offline

Loc: Candy Land
Hehe, hadn't posted here in a long time. Doesn't matter. This is a message to everyone who thinks UFC is badass. UFC FIGHTERS SUCK! they suck BIGTIME.

NO SKILL WHATSOEVER

Silva is the man, he made a mashed potatoe out of Leben and Franklin.

Overall, good luck with your UFC there, you badass MMA'ers.

#294419 - 10/17/06 08:25 PM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: 1neikoot]
1neikoot Offline

Well, everyone except Chuck Lidell. Hes the only fighter that actually possesses skill in terms of the UFC.

#294420 - 10/17/06 09:15 PM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: 1neikoot]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Ok. Have you considered switching to decaf?

-John

#294421 - 10/17/06 10:08 PM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: JKogas]
1neikoot Offline

UFC fighters should switch to decaf, start meditating how badly they suck, and then hopefully they can understand that fitness and stamina is not the only thing in a fight, even experience isn't enough.

#294422 - 10/17/06 11:11 PM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: 1neikoot]
Fletch1 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Florida
Thanks for your valuable insight.

Instead of locking this thread like I was going to, I'll let it ride. I do agree that there are some established fighters making a name in the UFC who have not been exposed to the entirely different level of competition in Japan right now. Until they start regularly training and competing outside of their comfort zone, expect to see more dramatic upsets when Pride veterans show up to play.

#294423 - 10/17/06 11:52 PM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: Fletch1]
1neikoot Offline

Look at the current or in fact, ANY ultimate fighter (Ultimate fighter tv show) crew. It just goes to show where they are getting them from. I respect they're position as a fighter to make a living, but they have very little skill....as an actual fighter. They are desperate and foolish due to the fact they think they can fight, they are tough enough to fight, sure, indeed they are, but the qualities they have as an actual skilled fighter are "zero". Anybody can throw sloppy punches and kicks like they do, anyone can go to the ground and clinch without doing anything. Not many actually spend time perfecting they're skill, and UFC is a PERFECT example of what those fighters are. They are poorly skilled fitness freaks who don't mind getting punched in the head and who also like to claim to be the best fighter when in fact they are the opposite. I would like to see poor old tyson knocking the hell out of Franklin, or for that reason, anyone in the UFC wanting to stand with him.

#294424 - 10/18/06 12:33 AM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: 1neikoot]
Fletch1 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Florida
Ok. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Based on the ridiculous Tyson comment, I see that you really don't know of what you speak. Fighters in the UFC have pretty much proven themselves in skill and heart to get where they are at.

The Ultimate Fighter TV show is a reality show. This is no big secret. Contestants are chosen as much for their personality as they are for their fighting abilities. Predictably, it is often hit and miss with regard to their success in the main event. It does not mean they suck or have zero skill as you so arrogantly oversimplified it.

As the Tyson comment? What are you, 12?

Grow up.

#294425 - 10/18/06 12:54 AM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: Fletch1]
1neikoot Offline

Quote:

Ok. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Based on the ridiculous Tyson comment, I see that you really don't know of what you speak. Fighters in the UFC have pretty much proven themselves in skill and heart to get where they are at.

Well, I agree they have proven themselves in terms of heart, but not skill, never in skill.

Quote:

The Ultimate Fighter TV show is a reality show. This is no big secret.

Obviously

Quote:

Contestants are chosen as much for their personality as they are for their fighting abilities.

Granted, they have fighting abilities, but they have no skill. Ability and skill are not one in the same. I have the ability to drive a car at 300 km/hour while getting killed, a F-1 champion has the skill not to get himself killed.

Quote:

Predictably, it is often hit and miss with regard to their success in the main event. It does not mean they suck or have zero skill as you so arrogantly oversimplified it.

Well, consider the fact that alot of the fighters have 1-3 years of experience going into UFC. While they have proven they have the ability to fight and win against even skillful opponents, that does not mean that they are skillful.

Quote:

As the Tyson comment? What are you, 12?
Grow up.

Although Tyson is not a good example and is controversial since he hasn't been in a UFC match, you have to agree that nobody could hold they're own in a stand up match with Tyson. I did however overreact with my statement, I actually like Rich Franklin ALOT as a fighter, and I respect him ALOT, including Chuck Lidell and Matt Hughes even. The fact is, UFC is such a big deal, to me its not at all. But everyone makes such a fuss about it like it represents some kind of ultimate unbeatable warriors. Tell me if your not sick of this UFC desperation, because I am.

#294426 - 10/18/06 03:43 AM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: 1neikoot]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
I like all MMA events and believe there is talented fighters in each especially the cream of the crop such as the UFC and Pride. UFC obviously is more main stream and has access to TV rights to show on regular cable, plus has the Ultimate Fighter Series ... but that is just good marketing because remember these are businesses and the idea is to make money and the UFC certainy is. For Pride viewers it is all Pay Per View access only and never live fights, always pre-recorded so there are times I know who won before watching them, which I hate.

Now what I cannot understand is why you would come on here and post how UFC Fighters suck and have no skill ... tell us how much skill you have and how much a great fighter you are?

I agree that Silva is a dam good fighter and he will bring up the level of the Middle Weight and I honestly don't believe Rich Franklin has fought his calibre of a fighter ... but that always happens when you are at the top of the moutain. When you are up there so long and fight less talented fighters, it is hard to continually grow as a fighter. Now with Silva winning the title all those below will work even harder including Rich Franklin and I guarantee somebody will topple Silva off of this mountain as well.

Pride Fighters have won and lost fights in the UFC. UFC Fighters have won and lost fights in Pride. New up and comers who have fought in neither and get their opportunity will work to the levels they need to so that they may make a name for themselves. They will base their training on their own skills and work to their strengths and will train against those with similar traits to be able to combat what ever fighter they have to come up against. Don't think for a second that many Middle Weights are not now training even harder on limiting Silva's agressive clinch and knees ... as will Rich Franklin. I wish Silva the best as he earned it, big time. However I would prefer you not to post if this is the only garbage you are going to post on, not unless you can show me just how "great" you are!

#294427 - 10/18/06 06:07 AM Re: Hey UFC stars [Re: 1neikoot]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
1neikoot:

What is it about the UFC that manages to make you so upset? What is it about that organization that manages to make you come so completely unhinged?

Its one thing to have an opinion about fighters. Its another thing to be maniacle about it.

Calm down and don't trash people that you probably couldn't hang 2 minutes with. At least THEY are fighting and competing. What have YOU done lately.

-John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga