FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#291535 - 10/08/06 04:18 PM Re: enhance yourself and how to do it [Re: FlyingDragon]
kempo_jujitsu Offline
Veteran

Loc: illinois, usa
ok dragon, you can take a breath now. lol

he musta had some seriously bad karate instruction, if any, all i saw was "what i've been told"
there is plenty of "jujutsu" in karate, it is in kata, a sub art called tuite, or torite. much like chin na is a sub art of alot of chinese systems, and that is the part of the art where joint locks, and takedowns and such are taught.
i also don't agree you have to study enshin or kyokushin to get good karate.
i like jujutsu allot, but from a certain perspective, i'd say in some ways karate is more complete than jujutsu, as allot of jujutsu systems had very little striking. however anything and everything is in karate if you know how to look for it.
just the opinion of someone who really doesn't know too much about karate other than what he's read (me)

#291536 - 10/08/06 05:03 PM Re: enhance yourself and how to do it [Re: FlyingDragon]
migo Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Burnaby, BC, Canada
FlyingDragon just owned himself; it's best not to criticise the punctuation of others when you're lacking in that department yourself.

#291537 - 10/08/06 07:11 PM Re: enhance yourself and how to do it [Re: migo]
the_jonn Offline
On the bubble

one of the best martial arts i have ever learned is probley ju jitsu but still everything has a weakness.and the only ways to enhance that weakness and make it less affective is to train hard and try out many many different styles of martial arts,...and mix them up because in the street you are going up against grapplers or throwers or even worse a resseler and you need to focus on that grappling techniques if you just do one style of martial art it may not be affective, its all about the focus.now I am doing aikido tonight ok, and as I go there i am going to learn about sword techniques and arm techniques but even one style of martial arts is affective very affective against the worst apponents. I dont use that word enemy I use the word apponent because I have rspect for the enemy always and I have understanding of others.

#291538 - 10/08/06 07:16 PM Re: enhance yourself and how to do it [Re: the_jonn]
the_jonn Offline
On the bubble

and still. it does not matter how good you are at any martial art, you will never ever be perfect and that is the ultimate weakness of all we can just aim to be the very best and there is always some teachers in some of the most best schools in town, and even they dont teach you how to get out of locks and grapples. so just take note of what I am saying because I know what I am talking about but not 100% ok?.

#291539 - 10/08/06 10:34 PM Re: enhance yourself and how to do it [Re: migo]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
*sound of FD's sarcasm flying over migos' head*

#291540 - 10/08/06 10:51 PM Re: enhance yourself and how to do it [Re: MattJ]
student_of_life Offline
Veteran

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
lol, style better then style for practicality.

Haven't we finially established that this crap should be taken off the boards. I know you have a right to your opnion my man, but realy one more bad mouth to karate and efficicany and im gonna take my student loan and start giving out painfull pratcial seminars concerning just how exactly it completly depends on the person over the art!

you had a bad karate expirence, ok, you had 25 years of bad karate ok, you have a right to your opnion ok, but stop and think, please i know it hurts, what kind of educated discussion or informed debate can you start by trash talking one completly general wing of the martial arts, the best your ever gonna get is the line of [censored] off karate ka ready to tell you what for!!

so i guess i'll replay along the same wavelength, hope this one's completly comprehendable..your mother wares army boots and your senesi is stealing your money!!

#291541 - 10/09/06 09:53 PM Re: enhance yourself and how to do it [Re: the_jonn]
kempo_jujitsu Offline
Veteran

Loc: illinois, usa
where are you from? cause if the best sensei in town doesn't teach how to get out of holds, or grapples...go somewhere else.
in the end, i guess we all need to remember to try not to bash other arts. cause someone else loves that art, and its up to them. if you dont like karate, stick with jujutsu...or try kung fu..or silat...or something.

#291542 - 10/16/06 12:45 AM Re: enhance yourself and how to do it [Re: the_jonn]
VTG Offline

Loc: USA
Jiujitsu is a " GREAT " martial art and can be very effective on the street! But, so are others, both striking and grappling. Ideally, it's best to train in both. The street is soooooo unpredictable. Many times, especially with multiple opponents, if you cannot escape, it would be more beneficial to stand up and strike. Stay out of reach until you can escape or help arrives. Going to the ground, or tying up in a clinch could be very bad w/multiple assailants!

Of course there are times a grappling art would be more useful. A restraining situation with 1 attacker is an example. Trying to remove an attacker from a victim is another. Plus many more.

The thing to remember is each art has strengths against certain "street situations". Unfortunately, there are multitudes of "situations"! Weapons, single attackers, single drunk/high/etc.attackers, multiple attackers, ambushes w/single, multiple sober/drunk/high attackers w/weapons ..........so on and so forth!

There is no "best" art for street confrontations. It's best to prepare for "all" confrontations in the case escape is impossible.

#291543 - 10/16/06 02:06 AM Re: enhance yourself and how to do it [Re: the_jonn]
soulfiremage Offline

I thought style vs style type arguements were way way outdated and old fashioned or is that just me? I mean I can imagine competitions where the point is to compare schools/styles for fun. However, the old throwing down the gauntlet of "my style is better than yours" is, in my opinion just silly now. The impression I read from these boards is that there is no crap art, but there are crap schools, trainers (and students) in every art. As there are excellent ones too. Anway my bad, I made a pointless post to a pointless sort of a debate :-).

#291544 - 10/16/06 03:34 AM Re: enhance yourself and how to do it [Re: soulfiremage]
the_jonn Offline
On the bubble

ok I made the worse mistake of my life going to aikido this guy charges you like ma wounded bull and secondly its just not affective enough to get out of a grappling move ju jitsu is one of the best martial arts i have ever learned and my hanshi is the best teacher i have ever had in my intire life. I am not leaving ju jitsu I am with it forever and 4 life.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki, Taison 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga