FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#290167 - 10/01/06 05:09 PM Editorial Cartoon about the War on Terror
wristtwister Offline
like a chiropractor, only evil

Loc: South Carolina
Our local paper yesterday showed a cartoon that tells it all about the war on terror. It showed a Republican elephant and a Democrat donkey arguing and pointing at each other while in the 2nd frame, it showed Osama Bin Laden and his minions pointing fingers at the U.S. map.

To all those that have argued so vitriolically at me about this issue... this cartoon puts it into the right perspective.

Regardless of who's "right" or "wrong", it will continue until all the terrorists are either captured or killed.

#290168 - 10/01/06 05:16 PM Re: Editorial Cartoon about the War on Terror [Re: wristtwister]
aikiuke Offline

Loc: Illinois
one word:

WOOT!

#290169 - 10/01/06 08:06 PM Re: Editorial Cartoon about the War on Terror [Re: wristtwister]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

I agree. maybe we should start looking for bin laden & gang again, huh? after all, that WAS suppossed to be the reason for going to that part of the world, yes? to capture the people responsible for the direct acts of war against the US?

you know WHY that cartoon rings true? because we went to Iraq (opposite direction of where the war was). after people realize the reasoning was upon false logic and outright fabrication...sure, they got a little ticked off.

so in retrospect, we should have fought the good fight and hunted those responsible down. but how do we fix the mess? well, first devote a number of troups to get back to the job at hand...hunting laden & group (which are much larger in number and more organized now, BTW). Then, admit to the world humbly, that we screwed up and need help getting Iraq back on it's feet. then, fire haliburton from the job and assist the Iraquis to help them get their own infustructure in place. so far, it's taken more time, money and lives than the reconstruction of Europe and Japan after WWII.

but nobody will do what should be done since the people in the US are so hung up on the right/left issues....the US is acting and behaving illogically - both political sides.

putting blame and politics aside, what changes, if any, would you make, Grady?

#290170 - 10/01/06 08:46 PM Re: Editorial Cartoon about the War on Terror [Re: Ed_Morris]
exceptionist 2 Offline
one arm napalm punch

Loc: Kanagawa Tokyo, Japan
Want a quick laugh...type failure in a google search bar...cracks me up every time. Then I cry.

#290171 - 10/01/06 09:51 PM Re: Editorial Cartoon about the War on Terror [Re: wristtwister]
aoishi Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Yeah, Wristtwister, we'll just get all those terrorists rounded up and killed. Then it'll all be over. Ha!

ME: What about the new ones being created everytime a father, son, brother, uncle, sister, mother and daughter are killed by us?

WRISTTWISTER: We'll just kill them. Got a problem with that?

ME: No, but don't you think we're actually making it worse?

WRISTTWISTER: That's why we need to be there. Fight them over there! , so they don't come here.

ME: Yeah, but...ah forget it.

#290172 - 10/01/06 10:43 PM Re: Editorial Cartoon about the War on Terror [Re: exceptionist 2]
wristtwister Offline

Read on,googlehopper...
there is an explanation for that search results issued by Google... it's called "googlebombing" and it's done by linking to the presidential website causing exceptional hits on the site anytime that "trigger word" is put in a link search box.

Can't imagine why 2 of the top 10 linked sites contained arabic characters to produce that result...

Who would ever imagine a terrorist with a laptop???

WT

#290173 - 10/01/06 11:33 PM Re: Editorial Cartoon about the War on Terror [Re: wristtwister]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

well...so much for the cartoon getting it's message thru.

we DO have to hunt them down and kill them...one by one if necessary. but not take over entire countries, inheriting all their problems in the process.

when law enforcement are looking for a murderer in a house...they don't leave the suspects house and arrest the neighbors do they? tactically idiotic. what hussein would have done is poisen gas the entire neighborhood killing everyone. tactically insane. (and incidently, thats why there wasn't any terrorist activity in Iraq prior to the US invasion....now it's a training ground for them to get combat experience.)

dumb. dumb. dumb.

instead:

1: secure our own immigration borders. not with volunteer tourists in campers and a set of binoculars - I mean trained and armed border patrol. actually spend money to implement it.

2: divert a few divisions of troops from Iraq to finish off all that tough talk of 'smoking them out' and 'dead or alive' nonsense. don't talk tough about it. shut-up and do it.

3: appeal to allies (probably too late), or make them offers they can't refuse to help get iraqui police get trained and infastructure built. get them back up and running and able to protect themselves, then get the hell outta there.

4: put more money into alternative fuel research and add lots more incentives for manufacturers and buyers....while at the same time increasing standards for emissions. we are addicted to oil, dubya said it himself...he didn't say much after that, like putting a nicotine patch on or anything. Is he following a 12-step or something? doesn't work for this sort of thing. he's got character enough to stop drinking following that plan, but for oil it's more comp'cated. God doesn't do domestic policy.

Weening from oil IS fighting terrorism, since we won't need to label and invade a country for 'harboring terrorist' if we don't need the oil that country also 'happens' to harbor.

remove the oil barganing chip from that region....and save some ozone while we're at it.

whoever says they'll do that and mean it...I'll vote for them. democrate or republican - I don't care.

#290174 - 10/02/06 07:16 AM Re: Editorial Cartoon about the War on Terror [Re: Ed_Morris]
wristtwister Offline

Ed,
its hard to have a conversation regarding anything when you just can't pass up an opportunity to slander the president again. He's done a lot of things I disagree with, but he's also gotten a lot of things right as well, so let's leave that part of the argument alone for awhile.

Except for the attack on the pres, I agree with everything you said from 1 thru the end of your post...(insert paddles, shout "clear", and restart Ed's heart). If we'd done these things after the last Gulf War, this one wouldn't be taking place now... or at least it's face would be different.

While it's easy to blame Bush (which is the national pastime these days) just as much blame lies in the policies of the "tree huggers" and environmentalists that have stopped oil production in this country and offshore. I worked in the oil industry for 7 years doing piping design on oil rigs, and they're more focused on environmental concerns than advertised... but this only goes to show you what happens when you take the "high road" with environmental wackos who think picking up trash in a stream is the equivalent to scrubbing industrial smoke for particulates (which I also did) and equate their 5 pounds of trash to the 500 tons of particulate that we took out of the air.

All of those suggestions you made are reasonable, and while it's a God-awful situation trying to deal with anything in Muslim countries, who don't keep agreements with "infidels" or hide terrorists because they're Muslims, what we need to do is to take a reasonable approach to things rather than all the ad hominem conversations and find solutions.

Bush is 100% wrong on immigration... and I suggest sending EVERY illegal alien back where they came from... and the argument that "they can't be rounded up and sent back" is a fallacy. They came here one busload at a time, and we can send them back the same way... and the idea that they're citizens just because they come across the border and "drop their baby" is pure B-S... That's like saying a dog that comes in my yard and has puppies is somehow now "my dog"...

Bush's sister in law is Latino, and he has this ungodly preoccupation with "open borders" because of his friendship with Vincente Fox, who is also a dictator... so don't think that I'm the "right wing nut" that you and Aioshi play me up to be.

While I have strong feelings about issues, I'm not blinded by either loyalty to dubya or anything else, but you can't have conversations when you only want to ignore the other side of the argument. Your 4 points in this post are right on target (with the exception noted), and I'd join anybody in implementing them as stated... through legislation and practical application.

#290175 - 10/02/06 08:07 AM Re: Editorial Cartoon about the War on Terror [Re: wristtwister]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

criticism is not slander. criticism/opinion/parody is my right, slander is lying on purpose to make someone look bad....I don't have to lie about anything to make Bush and admin look bad - they've done fine on their own.

imagine what would happen if there were NO criticism of administrations....

#290176 - 10/02/06 08:37 AM Re: Editorial Cartoon about the War on Terror [Re: wristtwister]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
I think these 'political' threads are ruining FA.com.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga