FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 66 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
SoulJah22 1
royal 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Today at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Today at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 23 of 27 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 >
Topic Options
#288271 - 09/28/06 09:58 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Quote:

TECHNICAL MAtters refering to technique
is all I am interested in discussing.

Then comply with Ed's request (and your offer) of a technical critique of his power generation.
'Ask medulant' does not count as a technical answer.

So far the only technical input you have made on this thread is that the guy should have thrown instead of kept striking (personal opinion),that you felt he should have stomped them unconscious (legally debatable), that he was open too open to groin kicks and overhand rights (show me someone who isnt open to some form of counter when in full offensive and I will show you my hairy a$$).

That level of 'technical discussion' is well within my abilities thanks.

You are a scab that i have just decided to stop picking. our posts are there for all to view, and I trust others on here to draw their own sensible conclusions about you.

And its still video btw.

Yep this thread is getting ugly.
Cord as I still see it it isnt your business.
I still stick to what I have typed.

Live with it or dont as the case might be

Andy

#288272 - 09/28/06 10:00 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: crablord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

We want your "blow by blow account" of the video now. You claim to be a kickboxer karate man but yet your bad observation of the video says otherwise. He should have thrown him? they dont teach you takedowns in boxing im afraid. But of course you know that seeing as you are a kickboxer ...face it, the guy was good, he knew what he was doing, and so far all you have done is criticise his actions. Which is fine of course providing that you know what you are talking about, which you so far dont seem to be. Fill in your profile, explain to greater depth what he did wrong, and what he should have done, and then we might take you seriosly. (you still havnt answered my kokutsu dachi question by the way)

Crab lord a cartoon character would be good to you,
I will see if i can find any.

#288273 - 09/28/06 10:00 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

stay on topic.

oldman, what did you see going on in the frames?

#288274 - 09/28/06 10:10 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: crablord]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: California
Quote:

not to be rude Leo, but - 17 W4$ 4 904MN R33X 0 N00BH34!!!!11!!1

oh yeah if this doesnt explain why then nothing will http://www.freewebs.com/moomoomoomoomoomoo/

Totally don't get it. Is that some sort of code to describe the guy's technical ability? Or perhaps his intent in hitting the girl?

Regardless of whether people give their identities (I don't give my full information) their word is based on their justifications. If someone puts forwards an opinion, they should be able to support it with evidence and detailed explaination or they can't expect to be believed by other people. We're on an open forum, we should expect our arguements to be picked apart by other people when we sign up. If we are unable to justify, that doesn't mean we are wrong, just that we can't explain to other people why we're right.

It's the rest of the forum's loss if you are in fact correct, Andy because we can't understand why you hold that opinion. If you're here to help educate us, why don't you add detail to your explanation? If you're here to learn from us, why don't you consider our views on the subject, instead of putting us down?

Edited by Leo_E_49 (09/28/06 10:14 AM)

#288275 - 09/28/06 10:14 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
Quote:

Scottie you should have been on stage

So any technical points about anything?

Sure, Technically, anyone who would seek to have their opinion valued would list their background and reasons they feel qualified for making the statements/assumptions you make about the persons ability and your ability to defeat them.

Technically, to assume that someone will use text book moves in a heated confrontation is unrealistic and shows a lack of experience.

Technically, to boast about one's own ability without basing it on anything relevant such as experience, background, documented fighting record (competitve record -ring, tournament champion, etc.) will lead others to doubt your claims, your ability, and your judgement.

As far as the confrontation on video is concerned, the person defending against the two other men used the skills he was most comfortable with to subdue to agressors. He kept good distancing from them, positioned himself between them and his girlfriend at all times, managed to deal with her screaming and still focus on what needed to be done and her effectively, and showed good control by using only as much force as necessary to accomplish what he set out to do. Also, at no point did he leave himself vulnerable to a two pronged attack. He correctly assessed what each man's level of commitment was to the confrontation and handled them accordingly.

And technically, to think that no one would challenge you for the claims that you made without so much as giving one shred of information to your ability or training is quite naive.

Technically speaking of course.

Scottie

edited to fix quote

Edited by MattJ (09/28/06 12:58 PM)

#288276 - 09/28/06 10:28 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Leo_E_49]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Loc: Australia, QLD, GC
good post razor,
Quote:

Totally don't get it. Is that some sort of code to describe the guy's technical ability? Or perhaps his intent in hitting the girl?

. lol. I said it was a reflex action and that it wasnt intentional, and the website has absolutely no meaning in hell lol

#288277 - 09/28/06 10:41 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Ed_Morris]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

I see to drinking buddies who, like many drinking buddies have a difference of opinion. This goes on for some time. Then of the two buddies one trys to de escalate with his pal by embracing and placating him. Uncertain whether that stratagy will work, I believe he impulsively and most likely habitually takes the attention off himself by lashing out and creating a straw man or common enemy. I believe his subconsious thought was I will stand the best chance of escaping the present threat of violence from my partner by creating a situation in which he he becomes my mate again rather than my attacker. On the part of the boxer I see a reaction based on conditioned physical training. I imagine he saw the altercation taking place as he and the girl approached, yet to some degree was still suprised by the appearently random swing. Nothing just happened. There was cause and effect involved. Keep in mind all those frames happened in less than one second. Much of what happened was on a subconcious level and based on previous conditioning there was very little rational or reasonable thought going in to the peoples actions. This thread is very much like the video. We have the opportunity to react or respond. One being based in our conditoning and the other being freely chosen conscious thought. If we have the opportuniny to choose, the question then becomes did we choose wisely. Who can say? The people in the video had a few seconds, we have had two days to consider our response and still behaved like chimps.

#288278 - 09/28/06 10:45 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: oldman]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

{reluctantly agrees.}

#288279 - 09/28/06 10:59 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Ed_Morris]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: California
Sometimes a bit of monkeying around does you good. I do agree that things could have been kept more civil though.

#288280 - 09/28/06 12:19 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Leo_E_49]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
I tried until I was completely ignored for my respectful and simple requests several times over. Then I must admit, I did give in to less than civil means of communication.

I will try to be more Jekyll and less Hyde in the future. Thanks for the wake up call Oldman.

Scottie

Page 23 of 27 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga