FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 21 of 27 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
#288251 - 09/28/06 02:49 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Kysogkram]
hedkikr Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southern California, USA
I got tired reading so I FF(>>) to the end.

Here's what I saw: 2 guys drunk (notice their uncoordinated movements, their "I love you, man" moment, inability to get up after falling down, their total surprize @ the attack...)

So why was the camera there? No, not staged. These guys were drunk so they attracted the attention of the camera-man...maybe talking too loud or being azzholes.

Re: Leo's "evidence"...look @ their lines of sight. There is no line of sight toward the couple.

Verdict: The strike was accidental & the "boxer" over-reacted. Speaking for myself, I might have over-reacted too, but that wouldn't have made it right.

Man, what a bunch of bad jurors you'd make.

owari

#288252 - 09/28/06 04:55 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: jc4199]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Make it stop make it stop. Where do I sign up to get the last half-hour of my life back?

I know what the guy should have done thats have ANDYS phone number on quick dial so he could have came up there and whipped them good for him.

I think we all need to have Andys number he is after all the only one who can win a fight the right and true way sportsman like.

So what is that number cuz you never know when you will need it.

Ah yeah some of you guys should have been on the stage

amazing !

#288253 - 09/28/06 05:15 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

I am studying trad karate restudying kata. Send me a vidio of you punching a bag and I will gladly tell you how to improve your punching power.

Quote:

Regards your vidio. You have some nice karate.Nice kata.
what exactly would you like me to look at on the vidio?
from what perspective?

you made a specific offer in the first quote- to offer your thoughts on how Ed can generate more power in his punching technique. i fail to see the need for clarification in the second quote?

Come on man, take the flowers out of your head and give us some ketchup for once. or do you suggest Ed go ask Medulant what youwould suggest?

and its vidEo by the way.

#288254 - 09/28/06 05:24 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Quote:

I am studying trad karate restudying kata. Send me a vidio of you punching a bag and I will gladly tell you how to improve your punching power.

Quote:

Regards your vidio. You have some nice karate.Nice kata.
what exactly would you like me to look at on the vidio?
from what perspective?

you made a specific offer in the first quote- to offer your thoughts on how Ed can generate more power in his punching technique. i fail to see the need for clarification in the second quote?

Come on man, take the flowers out of your head and give us some ketchup for once. or do you suggest Ed go ask Medulant what youwould suggest?

and its vidEo by the way.

Cord you havent asked me about anything. ED has and as far as I am concened it isnt your business.

So do us both a favour? You migth want to read what medulant wrote you might learn something,

ahhh but as far as I know you dont practice kata? so doubtfull if you could understand the conversation anyway
thanks

Cord please keep it technical

Edited by ANDY44 (09/28/06 05:31 AM)

#288255 - 09/28/06 05:38 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
'technically' all you have managed to say in this whole thread is:

'The guy in the clip is rubbish compared to me'
'I am awesome, easily pro level, but would only go pro if complete strangers on the net arranged it for me'
'i am not prepared to back up any of my statements'
'Cord knows nothing'
'Ed could do with my knowledge of power generation, but I am not prepared to elaborate'
'Ask Medulant if you actually need anything other than my BS'

You are right, I do not do kata, but with qualifications in biomechanics and kinesiology, I will just have to do my best and struggle through.

Still waiting for the ketchup, but getting bored of shaking now.

#288256 - 09/28/06 05:49 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: hedkikr]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Hedkikr,
check again. The guy in black clocks the couple. The striker looks one way and sees they're not there and turns to strike. Who the heck turns like that accidentally, with their arm at head height?

I don't think it is the girl screaming because her shoulders and head aren't moving in a way I'd associate with someone shouting.

The word is not morales, it is ROMALES. These guys are, apparently Gypsies (Romany). There is a lot of tension in eastern Europe between Gypsies (Rom) and non-Gypsies. It often involves crime and violence.

I suspect the boxer was just waiting for an excuse to leather them.

As for an earlier suggestion about throwing them, I'd suspect someone to have a knife and I wouldn't want to get that close if I didn't have too. Also, throwing ties YOU up while the second guy can get stuck in.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#288257 - 09/28/06 05:52 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: trevek]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Hedkikr,
check again. The guy in black clocks the couple. The striker looks one way and sees they're not there and turns to strike. Who the heck turns like that accidentally, with their arm at head height?

I don't think it is the girl screaming because her shoulders and head aren't moving in a way I'd associate with someone shouting.

The word is not morales, it is ROMALES. These guys are, apparently Gypsies (Romany). There is a lot of tension in eastern Europe between Gypsies (Rom) and non-Gypsies. It often involves crime and violence.

I suspect the boxer was just waiting for an excuse to leather them.

As for an earlier suggestion about throwing them, I'd suspect someone to have a knife and I wouldn't want to get that close if I didn't have too. Also, throwing ties YOU up while the second guy can get stuck in.

The boxer guy was already close enough he was in an ideal position to throw the guy to the pavement using very basic throws Instead of pushes.

#288258 - 09/28/06 05:57 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

I'll bow to your superior knowledge, Andy (I'm not that skilled in throws) but, as already has been said, as a boxer he probably didn't know how to.

#288259 - 09/28/06 06:07 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

'technically' all you have managed to say in this whole thread is:

'The guy in the clip is rubbish compared to me'
'I am awesome, easily pro level, but would only go pro if complete strangers on the net arranged it for me'
'i am not prepared to back up any of my statements'
'Cord knows nothing'
'Ed could do with my knowledge of power generation, but I am not prepared to elaborate'
'Ask Medulant if you actually need anything other than my BS'

You are right, I do not do kata, but with qualifications in biomechanics and kinesiology, I will just have to do my best and struggle through.

Ahhh but you still dont know the kata/application therefore
might be a bit difficult even with your qualifications.
Cord grow up. I am still sticking to what I typed.
So is there anything technical you would like to discuss ?
Or is it this never ending banter of babble.
Cord I have given my thougths on the discussion of the guy on the vidio.If you dont like them or dont like what I have typed then either live with it or not as the case might be.

Either way

TECHNICAL MAtters refering to technique
is all I am interested in discussing.

#288260 - 09/28/06 06:14 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: trevek]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

Ah, ketchup? The sauce of all wisdom.

Perhaps this is why this thread is full of saucey comments.

I know a joke about shaking ketchup bottles but the mods might not like me to repeat it (it's visual, anyway)

Page 21 of 27 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 27 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga