FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 10 of 27 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
#288141 - 09/26/06 03:58 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Ed_Morris]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

it would be interesting to see a video of you hitting a bag or something, andy. I mean, to see how real punches are thrown and all.

Ed it would be interesting but no can do. I dont rise to that sort of thing. I am studying trad karate restudying kata. Send me a vidio of you punching a bag and I will gladly tell you how to improve your punching power.
Send me a vidio of a fighter on that guys level and I will suggest how you can beat him.

Arrange a legal fight against someone of that level for me with enough money then I will consider it.
That might apply to anybody to arrange it including anybody in the uK
Thanks

#288142 - 09/26/06 04:10 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: California
Questions for you:

1. Why don't you rise to providing evidence that what you say is true? You expect us to take your word without proof. Suggestion is good, but the guy was asking about your technique to qualify your earlier comments.

I could understand if you refused due to confidentiality but not any other reason.

2. Why does money have to be involved? I would join a match for free in the interests of education, if the rules suited what I am comfortable with. Heck, I'd definitely pay my own transport and miscellaneous costs too.

Edited by Leo_E_49 (09/26/06 04:11 PM)

#288143 - 09/26/06 04:17 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Ed it would be interesting but no can do. I dont rise to that sort of thing.

So you wont do it, its not that you can't.

Quote:

Send me a vidio of you punching a bag and I will gladly tell you how to improve your punching power.

thats very big of you, but taking for granted that you punch harder than Ed is a pretty big presumption. Besides, why should he 'rise to that sort of thing' when you clearly are afraid to.

Quote:

Send me a vidio of a fighter on that guys level and I will suggest how you can beat him.

is arrogance a pre requisite of your style, or just your own addition?

Quote:

Arrange a legal fight against someone of that level for me with enough money then I will consider it.
That might apply to anybody to arrange it including anybody in the uK

Riiight, so you want people to arrange and promote a fight event just for you. may I suggest you contact the guys at Cage Rage- they have events 3-4 times per year, full contact, and are always looking for talent. there is prize money as well. its all there waiting for you, you just have to 'rise' to showing them you belong in there.

i look forward to coming to see you at Wembley when you have undoubtedly amazed them with your faultless power generation.

#288144 - 09/26/06 04:32 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Kyokushin competition. I have trained with these guys

What, all of them?!?

Quote:

they dont concentrate on punching as such.

oh no, any art developed by Mas Oyama is bound to practicaly ignore punching

Quote:

Wide open to throws and they dont like heavy punchers because of their methods of fighting.

Right, so one minute karate is the bees knees, the next it is too linear and limited

Quote:

One of the reasons one of their head honchos devised competition as per Kyokushin but with head/face gaurds and throws allowed

The only competition spin off from kyokushin that I know of is K1, that has neither headguards or throws.

Quote:

They come straight on hardly any angles or blocks parries.

Again, All of them? how many did you train with and for how long?

Quote:

Again the Okinwan masters have the answers to power generation and technique

Which okinawan masters do you train with over here in the UK?, I would be interested to google them up and learn about them.

#288145 - 09/26/06 04:43 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

It's beneath you to show a video, but sparring for money is ok. got it.

I've sent you a video link...let me know what I'm doing 'wrong'.

#288146 - 09/26/06 05:32 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Leo_E_49]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Questions for you:

1. Why don't you rise to providing evidence that what you say is true? You expect us to take your word without proof. Suggestion is good, but the guy was asking about your technique to qualify your earlier comments.

I dont expect you to take my word or anybodys elses word
ED is supposed to be a karate man or so he says yet everytime I read his input or suggest he answers questions on fighting after he has given his doubt on something etc he refuses. Look at the grappling thread.

Secondly I dont have the facilities to make a vidio let alone post it on here.
Your in Scotland? I have given you addresses of mixed martial arts places? The next time I am on Glasgow I could invite you to a training session then you can see for yourself? If that is ok with you?

Quote:

I could understand if you refused due to confidentiality but not any other reason.

2. Why does money have to be involved? I would join a match for free in the interests of education, if the rules suited what I am comfortable with. Heck, I'd definitely pay my own transport and miscellaneous costs too.

Again when I am back in Glasgow and you wish to travel then I shall get in touch and we could find some sparring partners for you if that is what you wish?What body weigth are you?
]There are a number of people on this forum who have invited me to join them for training. This I shall do.
If they then decide to inform about my abilities then so be it.

Untill such times I am not rising to the bait .

#288147 - 09/26/06 05:34 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Ed_Morris]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

It's beneath you to show a video, but sparring for money is ok. got it.

I've sent you a video link...let me know what I'm doing 'wrong'.

I doubt that very much ED. But where exactly did you send it to?

#288148 - 09/26/06 06:14 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Cord it would seem you dont have a clue about karate or fighting for that matter.Thank you for showing your true colours. Interesting how when doubted the none element of fighters show their stuff.

I think Kyokushin competition is exactly what I stated and if you could be bothered to read what other practicing Karate ka have stated about Kyokushin competition on this forum then they are more or less saying what I stated.
Perhaps if you looked it up it is in this forum

You know of no other offshoot than K1 for Kyokushin competition?

Cord what arts do you train in?
Cord I dont think you know anything. One of the head honchos from Kyokushin which is now a spin off has devised a
form of full contact including full face contact and throws except they use head gaurds and wear Gi,s?

I am not even going to bother spoon feeding you by telling you where to find the proof.
Please Google it.

Your asking me about okinawan methods of teaching in the uk?Please find it yourself my friend as I had to.Please tell me you are not trying to ridicule their methods of power. generation?

Sorry Cord I feel your wasting my time with your last lot of questions and statements . What exactly is your martial arts background?

Now if you would like an interesting conversation then I will go back to my other posting of asking you the kind of techniques you would consider using if you were our friend n the vidio.
Again some one has declined the offer as I stated to suggest technique that a person could have used in a real confrontation ? sorry but you seem to know not to much about most things.

Why is that?

Kyokushin competition is a part of karate. It does not have all the elements of karate untill the spin off was created that tried to address this matter.

Edited by ANDY44 (09/26/06 06:22 PM)

#288149 - 09/26/06 06:17 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Just a wild guess hero,but I'll bet he sent it by pm or e-mail.

Took a little bit for the vtg to come out,but welcome anyway.

It's this type of arrogance in martial artist that makes me want to not claim to be a karate guy at all.

Enjoy Ed's video. I think his technique is excellent.

#288150 - 09/26/06 06:23 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Leo_E_49 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: California
Quote:

Your in Scotland? I have given you addresses of mixed martial arts places? The next time I am on Glasgow I could invite you to a training session then you can see for yourself? If that is ok with you?

Sounds interesting. Where would the meeting be held? Maybe we can get a few more people involved from the forum? I'm interested in opening an invitation to more than just myself if that's ok with you.

Quote:

Again when I am back in Glasgow and you wish to travel then I shall get in touch and we could find some sparring partners for you if that is what you wish?What body weigth are you?

I'm around 80 kg. Is your Dojo in Glasgow? I'd be interested in going, especially if other people from the forum would be attending with me. I'd like to meet more of the people who post here.

What format would the meeting take? Any sparring? Kata? Self defense techniques? What rules? Will there be striking and/or grappling involved? What contact levels do you use in your Dojo? About how many students do you have in the place?

What style of Karate do you teach/study anyway?

By the way, don't bother starting a tournament just for me. I'm not that good at MA, I've just got lots of years training that's all. If you've got a few other people involved though, it might be an idea.

Quote:

There are a number of people on this forum who have invited me to join them for training. This I shall do.
If they then decide to inform about my abilities then so be it.

I think we should all just meet up and have a FA.com Scotland meeting if possible. I'm not so sure about travelling down to England, but I might be able to if necessary.

I'm pretty busy at the moment so I'd need notice quite some time in advance of the meet. I hope you don't mind.

Quote:

Enjoy Ed's video. I think his technique is excellent.

Hey Ed, can I get a copy of that video? I'm always interested in seeing what quality of training other people here have.

Edited by Leo_E_49 (09/26/06 06:31 PM)

Page 10 of 27 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26 27 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga