FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 10
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 3
cxt 3
ergees 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
Yesterday at 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Recent Posts
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
Yesterday at 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35570 Topics
432472 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 9 of 27 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
#288131 - 09/26/06 02:45 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Ed_Morris]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

quote]lol...there Andy goes again...exercising his 'perrogitive' with the delete key.

on topic: the guy in the video did the understandable thing for that circumstance...although he is lucky they weren't armed.

Its my "prerogative'
Ed. I have an excuse in that I am not yet at an advanced level of education like yourself but I am working at it so the word is prerogative' not
perrogitive.and andy is Andy.
But the not being armed part is correct. As I said before
the two guys should have been left in capable of further attack.They werent so the guy who did the punching needs to do some work.

So you think he can punch then? That is very interesting.

Edited by ANDY44 (09/26/06 02:57 PM)

#288132 - 09/26/06 02:57 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
i have no ego , on this, yes I think he can punch just fine, and so, more importantly, do the people he punched. If you feel that you could do significantly better, then my hat is off to you. If you truly are not satisfied with anything less than a 1 punch KO, and are getting them with monotonous regularity, then may I suggest entering the world of professional fighting- Boxing or K1 perhaps?. i am sure such guaranteed fireworks will gain you a lucrative career.

Please also spend time using the quote function properly.

you put the word quote inside these [ ] then at the end of the piece you want quoted, you put /quote inside these [ ]

Hope that helps.

Edited by Cord (09/26/06 02:59 PM)

#288133 - 09/26/06 03:16 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

i have no ego , on this, yes I think he can punch just fine, and so, more importantly, do the people he punched. If you feel that you could do significantly better, then my hat is off to you. If you truly are not satisfied with anything less than a 1 punch KO, and are getting them with monotonous regularity, then may I suggest entering the world of professional fighting- Boxing or K1 perhaps?. i am sure such guaranteed fireworks will gain you a lucrative career.

So I have been told by others. Now before I start banging my chest one punch isnt what I train for.A lot of punches each capable of a ko more like. I train every technique with that goal. If that guy was to be my opponent in a paid legal fight I would do it this week.In fact I would have him sign a disclaimer

Your a doorman Cord do they pay a greater rate down south?

Regards the quote function If you look at the last one I did I think that was correct.

Thanks

Andy

Edited by ANDY44 (09/26/06 03:23 PM)

#288134 - 09/26/06 03:20 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: pathfinder7195]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Great boxing skills. It also goes to show that a two on one situation can be handled with quite ease. And it's finally good to see some good punching on this site,

Kevin

Is it me or has boxing gone in decline?
Could you guys do me a favour and put on here a vido of a guy you think is a good boxer please?

Not Tyson I know he is good.

Im supposed to be kata man am I not?

#288135 - 09/26/06 03:37 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

Karate as I was taught it was exactly that. Now I observe Okinawa masters who are doing just that. Their speed and power is fantastic. Their power generation is some thing else. The way the guy on the vidio was punching wouldnít knock anybody out.

And yet Kyokushin competition, a full contact representation of an art developed by one of the most reknowned and powerful strikers in the world, tend to go the distance.

Quote:

He was a boxer and used to boxing techniques. Problem was in the street scoring points isnít the answer and I think when I look at the vidio again I will find his technique is wrong for bare knuckle punches.
Yoke geri? There were quite a lot of fighting technique he could have used Cord .

No, there are other techniques out there that can be used by those trained in them. a boxer would be insane to do anything other than punch or use a weapon of opertunity when in physical danger.

Quote:

But they followed him after the event to no doubt start again.

But there is doubt on this. They did not set of fast, aggressively or with any particular conviction, they just sort of wandered off in the same direction.

Quote:

The two guys should have been made in capable of further attack. So he wasnít good enough to do that.

He chose not to do that . Big difference.

Quote:

To me they looked either drunk or off their heads. But perhaps now they know he cant hurt them they might decide on a rematch when they are not drunk.

If they were drunk or off their heads, then that adds power to my argument regarding the effect of his punches being altered. i have dealt with many guys 'off their heads' on amphetamines or coke or whatever, and let me tell you, they just keep going regardless. Some stun guns will not affect someone on angel dust. Does that make the voltage weaker, or the person more resiliant to it?
On the point of reprisal at a later date, that is assuming that their paths will cross again. If he had stomped them unconscious then they would certainly make more effort to find him for revenge when recovered- ever think of that?

Quote:

Well Im not going to answer that one on here Cord. Just been to the gym and Iím happy with todayís progress.

Cryptic to the point of being pointless

Quote:

They cant prosecute me If I am attacked (proven ) and the attackers are knocked out by one or two punches now can they?

Reasonable force. one punch or 100, it doesnt matter as long as you stop when you feel you are no longer in danger. Thats exactly what he did.

Edited by Cord (09/26/06 03:46 PM)

#288136 - 09/26/06 03:43 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

Your a doorman Cord do they pay a greater rate down south?

I am a retired doorman. I still help out if needed in my In-laws pub, though they keep a respectable house so it is seldom necessary. I have never worked professionaly down south. All my door work was done in north wales some years ago so I can't answer your question. Gavin is in Southend so could fill you in on that if he doesnt mind talking the vulgarities of money.

#288137 - 09/26/06 03:46 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
It was definately intentional. He looks over his shoulder as she is approaching then turns and pops her. His arm stays out and it looked like he made eye contact with the boxer right before he got knocked out. Great video.!

#288138 - 09/26/06 03:51 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

it would be interesting to see a video of you hitting a bag or something, andy. I mean, to see how real punches are thrown and all.

#288139 - 09/26/06 03:51 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Just looked at the vidio again. The guy is a a total boxer. He is wide open to groin kicks for one plus other techniques.
Some of his punches didnt connect. If I was just boxing this guy in competiton now he would lose.

Kyokushin competition. I have trained with these guys
they dont concentrate on punching as such. Tough guys great kickers. Wide open to throws and they dont like heavy punchers because of their methods of fighting. One of the reasons one of their head honchos devised competition as per Kyokushin but with head/face gaurds and throws allowed
They come straight on hardly any angles or blocks parries.

IM not knocking them they are great fighters but resticted.
Again the Okinwan masters have the answers to power generation and technique

#288140 - 09/26/06 03:58 PM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: crablord]
Tom2199 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: England
Quote:

uhh was that aimed at me? the guy couldnt have just ran off, he had his wife there.. he had to go up close so he could get them away.. he didnt hit them because he was angry you know, he did it so him and his gf could get away safely. And who says you only get smashed if you have your head next to them? He did a pretty good job of hitting the fleeing guys heads in. n00b

crab cant actually be bothered to argue with you, iv been in plenty of street fights- but i guess u know better as your about 17, i knew it all at that age aswell

when you grow up a bit maybe you will be able to read posts properly instead of replying with the utter nonsence that goes on in your head.

Page 9 of 27 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26 27 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga