FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
AndyLA 1
cxt 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 17 of 27 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
#288211 - 09/27/06 05:53 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Registered: 07/01/06
Posts: 814
Quote:

Quote:

I could give a blow by blow account but




You could also give us a bio
You could post some evidence of your vastly superior skill
You could apologise for insulting me and Ed
You could give straight answers to straight questions
You could stop blowing hot air out your a$$

So many things you could do, instead you choose to post cr4p. i guess everyone has to have a hobby.




Cord I have asked you to keep things on a technical level
There were no insults. Just conclusions I draw from what you and Ed have written.
Ask me a question on a technical level about fighting. kata weigth training running etc etc and I will gladly get into a debate or conversation.

Other wise I have no interest in keeping going a topic that is getting no where.I have given you what I thought the fighter might have done in a fight. I have answered your reply. I still say the guy wasnt that good.
so please if you have any further comments regarding technical matters fine if not I have no interest.

Thanks


Edited by ANDY44 (09/27/06 05:58 AM)

Top
#288212 - 09/27/06 05:57 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: crablord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Registered: 07/01/06
Posts: 814
Quote:

Quote:

My background is irrelevent as to what a boxer is attemping to do during a fight



It is relevant, however, when you claim to be able to beat him in a ring and criticise his actions. Please tell me andy, if you were the first guy, what would you have done? how would you have effortlessly disposed of the untalented boxer?





Mr crablord. I shall do that later. But the same applies here.If you would like to discuss technical aspects of a boxing match or a self defence scenario fine.

Thanks

Top
#288213 - 09/27/06 06:00 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Registered: 01/13/05
Posts: 11399
Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Cord here is another nice thing. You are seemingly good at quoting stuff other people have written




The use of quotes helps me address a specific response to a specific point. it cant be taken out of context as all the reader has to do is scroll up a ways to see the whole thing in context and make their own judgement.

Quote:

when it comes down to it the conclusion I draw is you lack some expereince in actual fighting.




Thats fair enough, as stated, i do not see dealing with violence as fighting. my job was to prevent harm, not cause it. A good night involved turning trouble away at the door, or being able to spot escalation and verbaly or lightly deal with it before extreme action became necessary. In the times when someone did need 'bouncing' it was not a 'mano a mano' brawl, it was a fast 'bundle and out the door'. Thats how we kept a nice establishment, and I kept a clean criminal record.
I am confident in my own abilities, and i am secure in the truth of how I portray myself on this site, hence my signature.

Quote:

I would like to state again what I have stated all along.
Put that boxer in a boxing ring against me and he will lose.
If a person like that attacked me again he would lose
Draw any conclusion you will.




That someone with that sort of arrogance is the one with little or no real fighting experience.

Quote:

My background is irrelevent as to what a boxer is attemping to do during a fight




That depends if you want any opinion you have on said boxer to be taken remotely seriously or not.

more redirection- are you sure you are not an aikidoka?
_________________________
Don't let the door hit ya' where the good lord split ya'
http://cord.mybrute.com

Top
#288214 - 09/27/06 06:08 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Registered: 07/01/06
Posts: 814
Quote:

Quote:

Cord here is another nice thing. You are seemingly good at quoting stuff other people have written




The use of quotes helps me address a specific response to a specific point. it cant be taken out of context as all the reader has to do is scroll up a ways to see the whole thing in context and make their own judgement.

Quote:

when it comes down to it the conclusion I draw is you lack some expereince in actual fighting.




Thats fair enough, as stated, i do not see dealing with violence as fighting. my job was to prevent harm, not cause it. A good night involved turning trouble away at the door, or being able to spot escalation and verbaly or lightly deal with it before extreme action became necessary. In the times when someone did need 'bouncing' it was not a 'mano a mano' brawl, it was a fast 'bundle and out the door'. Thats how we kept a nice establishment, and I kept a clean criminal record.
I am confident in my own abilities, and i am secure in the truth of how I portray myself on this site, hence my signature.

Quote:

I would like to state again what I have stated all along.
Put that boxer in a boxing ring against me and he will lose.
If a person like that attacked me again he would lose
Draw any conclusion you will.




That someone with that sort of arrogance is the one with little or no real fighting experience.

Quote:

My background is irrelevent as to what a boxer is attemping to do during a fight




That depends if you want any opinion you have on said boxer to be taken remotely seriously or not.

more redirection- are you sure you are not an aikidoka?





Cord do me a favour? go to the karate thread and read something that might teach you about power generation?
YOu migth perhaps learn something instead of keeping up this now childish banter?

Your mistaking arrogance for ability. As I said before please keep the discussions technical its starting to get boring

Top
#288215 - 09/27/06 06:13 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Registered: 08/10/06
Posts: 1530
Loc: Australia, QLD, GC
Andy, just a little trivia question, what is Zenkutsou dachi?
_________________________
"They say the only way to kill a lion is with a rear naked choke, but I'd just kick it in the head"

Top
#288216 - 09/27/06 06:23 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: crablord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Registered: 07/01/06
Posts: 814
Quote:

Andy, just a little trivia question, what is Zenkutsou dachi?




Mr crablord google it?
Zenkutsu-dachi

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cord please take note
Cord this is getting to freaky so dont bother me any more ok?

Thanks


Edited by ANDY44 (09/27/06 07:09 AM)

Top
#288217 - 09/27/06 06:25 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Registered: 01/13/05
Posts: 11399
Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Cord do me a favour? go to the karate thread and read something that might teach you about power generation?
YOu migth perhaps learn something instead of keeping up this now childish banter?




were you an only child? Its all 'I want I want I want' isnt it? Constantly trying to dictate the terms of a conversation is not only pointless, its rude. We ask you some specific simple questions, you refuse to answer them (for no good reason), but in the next breath you tell me/us to do things expecting us to obey. Dont be silly.

Quote:

Your mistaking arrogance for ability.




I am mistaking nothing, and you have avoided any request for the slightest hint of facts to back up what you percieve as your ability

Quote:

As I said before please keep the discussions technical its starting to get boring




Your only now getting bored!? ah hell, if it werent for the fact you are such an easy target, I would have been reading all your posts as 'blah blah blah...' for hours now.

True power comes from the ability to communicate. You are lacking power regardless of how hard you may (or may not) hit.
_________________________
Don't let the door hit ya' where the good lord split ya'
http://cord.mybrute.com

Top
#288218 - 09/27/06 06:25 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Registered: 08/10/06
Posts: 1530
Loc: Australia, QLD, GC
I know what it is, im seeing if you do. hehe.
_________________________
"They say the only way to kill a lion is with a rear naked choke, but I'd just kick it in the head"

Top
#288219 - 09/27/06 06:33 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Registered: 01/13/05
Posts: 11399
Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Cord do me a favour? go to the karate thread and read something that might teach you about power generation?




I just checked, I am the last person to post on Ed's thread, and you have not contributed to it thus far. Are you suggesting that i learn from Ed's posts? If so I fully intend to- as you may have noticed I asked him to host the vid till I can see it.
Is your lack of input another in your endless list of 'cant's' and 'wont's'?

You know, if you keep shaking a ketchup bottle, and nothing comes out, you have to come to the conclusion that it is empty, and should be discarded, or at best turned into a makeshift vase.
How are you at holding flowers?
_________________________
Don't let the door hit ya' where the good lord split ya'
http://cord.mybrute.com

Top
#288220 - 09/27/06 06:47 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: crablord]
shoshinkan Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 05/10/05
Posts: 2662
Loc: UK
Morning good people.

Ok I have watched the video a few times now and have some general observations.

1. I think this attack on the woman was absolutly 'set up' - by both guys, proberly for robbery or a 'fun' video.

2. The boxer guy, initially I thought he did superbly well (good applied skills), considering the situation. He took the intiative and kept it agianst the odd's - however he didn't finish the job and im concerned as to what happened behind the bushes, if those guys were carrying then he and his partner were in BIG trouble.

I didn't have the sound on so forgive any misunderstandings due to that.
_________________________
Jim Neeter

www.shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com

Top
Page 17 of 27 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26 27 >






Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

 

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga