FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
AndyLA 3
futsaowingchun 2
Zombie Zero 2
Matakiant 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
09/18/14 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432495 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 17 of 27 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
#288211 - 09/27/06 05:53 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Quote:

I could give a blow by blow account but

You could also give us a bio
You could post some evidence of your vastly superior skill
You could apologise for insulting me and Ed
You could give straight answers to straight questions
You could stop blowing hot air out your a$$

So many things you could do, instead you choose to post cr4p. i guess everyone has to have a hobby.

Cord I have asked you to keep things on a technical level
There were no insults. Just conclusions I draw from what you and Ed have written.
Ask me a question on a technical level about fighting. kata weigth training running etc etc and I will gladly get into a debate or conversation.

Other wise I have no interest in keeping going a topic that is getting no where.I have given you what I thought the fighter might have done in a fight. I have answered your reply. I still say the guy wasnt that good.
so please if you have any further comments regarding technical matters fine if not I have no interest.

Thanks

Edited by ANDY44 (09/27/06 05:58 AM)

#288212 - 09/27/06 05:57 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: crablord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Quote:

My background is irrelevent as to what a boxer is attemping to do during a fight

It is relevant, however, when you claim to be able to beat him in a ring and criticise his actions. Please tell me andy, if you were the first guy, what would you have done? how would you have effortlessly disposed of the untalented boxer?

Mr crablord. I shall do that later. But the same applies here.If you would like to discuss technical aspects of a boxing match or a self defence scenario fine.

Thanks

#288213 - 09/27/06 06:00 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Cord here is another nice thing. You are seemingly good at quoting stuff other people have written

The use of quotes helps me address a specific response to a specific point. it cant be taken out of context as all the reader has to do is scroll up a ways to see the whole thing in context and make their own judgement.

Quote:

when it comes down to it the conclusion I draw is you lack some expereince in actual fighting.

Thats fair enough, as stated, i do not see dealing with violence as fighting. my job was to prevent harm, not cause it. A good night involved turning trouble away at the door, or being able to spot escalation and verbaly or lightly deal with it before extreme action became necessary. In the times when someone did need 'bouncing' it was not a 'mano a mano' brawl, it was a fast 'bundle and out the door'. Thats how we kept a nice establishment, and I kept a clean criminal record.
I am confident in my own abilities, and i am secure in the truth of how I portray myself on this site, hence my signature.

Quote:

I would like to state again what I have stated all along.
Put that boxer in a boxing ring against me and he will lose.
If a person like that attacked me again he would lose
Draw any conclusion you will.

That someone with that sort of arrogance is the one with little or no real fighting experience.

Quote:

My background is irrelevent as to what a boxer is attemping to do during a fight

That depends if you want any opinion you have on said boxer to be taken remotely seriously or not.

more redirection- are you sure you are not an aikidoka?

#288214 - 09/27/06 06:08 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Quote:

Cord here is another nice thing. You are seemingly good at quoting stuff other people have written

The use of quotes helps me address a specific response to a specific point. it cant be taken out of context as all the reader has to do is scroll up a ways to see the whole thing in context and make their own judgement.

Quote:

when it comes down to it the conclusion I draw is you lack some expereince in actual fighting.

Thats fair enough, as stated, i do not see dealing with violence as fighting. my job was to prevent harm, not cause it. A good night involved turning trouble away at the door, or being able to spot escalation and verbaly or lightly deal with it before extreme action became necessary. In the times when someone did need 'bouncing' it was not a 'mano a mano' brawl, it was a fast 'bundle and out the door'. Thats how we kept a nice establishment, and I kept a clean criminal record.
I am confident in my own abilities, and i am secure in the truth of how I portray myself on this site, hence my signature.

Quote:

I would like to state again what I have stated all along.
Put that boxer in a boxing ring against me and he will lose.
If a person like that attacked me again he would lose
Draw any conclusion you will.

That someone with that sort of arrogance is the one with little or no real fighting experience.

Quote:

That depends if you want any opinion you have on said boxer to be taken remotely seriously or not.

more redirection- are you sure you are not an aikidoka?

Cord do me a favour? go to the karate thread and read something that might teach you about power generation?
YOu migth perhaps learn something instead of keeping up this now childish banter?

Your mistaking arrogance for ability. As I said before please keep the discussions technical its starting to get boring

#288215 - 09/27/06 06:13 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Loc: Australia, QLD, GC
Andy, just a little trivia question, what is Zenkutsou dachi?

#288216 - 09/27/06 06:23 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: crablord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Andy, just a little trivia question, what is Zenkutsou dachi?

Mr crablord google it?
Zenkutsu-dachi

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cord please take note
Cord this is getting to freaky so dont bother me any more ok?

Thanks

Edited by ANDY44 (09/27/06 07:09 AM)

#288217 - 09/27/06 06:25 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

Cord do me a favour? go to the karate thread and read something that might teach you about power generation?
YOu migth perhaps learn something instead of keeping up this now childish banter?

were you an only child? Its all 'I want I want I want' isnt it? Constantly trying to dictate the terms of a conversation is not only pointless, its rude. We ask you some specific simple questions, you refuse to answer them (for no good reason), but in the next breath you tell me/us to do things expecting us to obey. Dont be silly.

Quote:

Your mistaking arrogance for ability.

I am mistaking nothing, and you have avoided any request for the slightest hint of facts to back up what you percieve as your ability

Quote:

As I said before please keep the discussions technical its starting to get boring

Your only now getting bored!? ah hell, if it werent for the fact you are such an easy target, I would have been reading all your posts as 'blah blah blah...' for hours now.

True power comes from the ability to communicate. You are lacking power regardless of how hard you may (or may not) hit.

#288218 - 09/27/06 06:25 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Loc: Australia, QLD, GC
I know what it is, im seeing if you do. hehe.

#288219 - 09/27/06 06:33 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

I just checked, I am the last person to post on Ed's thread, and you have not contributed to it thus far. Are you suggesting that i learn from Ed's posts? If so I fully intend to- as you may have noticed I asked him to host the vid till I can see it.
Is your lack of input another in your endless list of 'cant's' and 'wont's'?

You know, if you keep shaking a ketchup bottle, and nothing comes out, you have to come to the conclusion that it is empty, and should be discarded, or at best turned into a makeshift vase.
How are you at holding flowers?

#288220 - 09/27/06 06:47 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: crablord]
shoshinkan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: UK
Morning good people.

Ok I have watched the video a few times now and have some general observations.

1. I think this attack on the woman was absolutly 'set up' - by both guys, proberly for robbery or a 'fun' video.

2. The boxer guy, initially I thought he did superbly well (good applied skills), considering the situation. He took the intiative and kept it agianst the odd's - however he didn't finish the job and im concerned as to what happened behind the bushes, if those guys were carrying then he and his partner were in BIG trouble.

I didn't have the sound on so forgive any misunderstandings due to that.

www.shoshinkanuk.blogspot.com

Page 17 of 27 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26 27 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga