FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
Matakiant 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 16 of 27 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
#288201 - 09/27/06 05:07 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Do you realy want me to analise your ability on a punch bag?

Yes I think he would, though if you find it too uncomfortable, or it simply wont fit, you could just offer an analysis instead.

If you go to the thread Ed set up in the Karate forum i am sure he and everyone else would welcome your insight.

#288202 - 09/27/06 05:09 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

He didnít floor anybody most of the time it looked like a push followed by a bad punch
The statement you made there about a person leaving his self open to getting hit by the guy who hit the girls friend like that indicates to me lack of training on your part.
Yes he could have thrown the guy who hit the girl. The guy was in the ideal position to be thrown on the pave ment not the grass. Why follow up a throw with groundwork? Again your showing lack of fighting experience. The fact he was a boxer I made clear that he needed to work on his fighting ability.
Another indication of your lack of training and observation. If you cant see that on a video Cord then you would never see it in a real confrontation
Me think things through? If you cant see these openings on a video how are you going to see them should you ever be in that scenario?
The boxer had his legs so wide open it was a joke? So you would go in to a confrontation would you giving you supposed attacker targets of the groin like that?
Your saying in effect that the groin area being a target doesnít matter?
Again another indication of lack of fighting ability
You might think it is ok to only have the ability to fight in one stance e.g. left foot forward but it is to restrictive, again shows your lack of decent fighting experience
Course a person can look aggressive and be up for it doesnít give an indication of how good their technique is. His technique of using his fists was rubbish
I doubt very much if you have ever seen an Okinawa master in your whole life Cord.
Why should I apologise
I stand by everything I have written . The fact I am saying that by the way you are addressing this conversation indicates to me you have very little fighting experience is not a slur. It is my opinion based on your response.

#288203 - 09/27/06 05:13 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Quote:

Do you realy want me to analise your ability on a punch bag?

Yes I think he would, though if you find it too uncomfortable, or it simply wont fit, you could just offer an analysis instead.

If you go to the thread Ed set up in the Karate forum i am sure he and everyone else would welcome your insight.

MY insite in to a guy punching a light bag using basic technique such as a single reverse punch Cord?
Doesnt realy tell me a great deal. The vidio posted on here at least showed badly attempted combinations from a bad boxer.

Glad you find that comment funny.
So have you re thougth your ideas on the so called boxer in the vidio?
Itsnt it funny cord when asked to or suggested to discuss techniqeus on actual fighting scenes then you refuse for some reason?and wait untill I do it so you can tell me what you think as opposed to you doing it in the first place?
Yet when it comes to be sarcastic your quite good?

Cord from now on any correspondance between you and myself I would like to keep to discussing technique and nothing else.Please?

This is a fighting arts forum. Discussing fighting arts is its purpose. That I have kept to.

Thanks

Andy

Edited by ANDY44 (09/27/06 05:23 AM)

#288204 - 09/27/06 05:15 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Lokkan-Do]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Lokkan,

apparently the guys are speaking some kind of Gypsy (rom) dialect (according to the comments on the vid). Anti-Gypsy feeling is high in eastern Europe, so not surprising fists flew fast

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#288205 - 09/27/06 05:30 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

Nope. He did fine. He walked away unhurt. That is good SD. As said before, he and the girl should have run from the scene just to be sure, but hey, no one is perfect- apart from you of course.

Quote:

Itsnt it funny cord when asked to or suggested to discuss techniqeus on actual fighting scenes then you refuse for some reason?

What do you want? 'Well here he should have ABC rather than XYZ '

i know from real experience that such hypothesis is ideal world nonsense best left to Yuen Wo Ping and his choreography team. Every situation is different, and every person in every situation would do something different, dependant on their instincts, their training, and their split second assessment of the situation.
Saying with authority 'he should have thrown at that point' or 'an uppercut would have been better there' is the sort of cr4p that comes out the mouth of someone who has never dealt with a real life situation. Hindsight based on experience may teach someone something about themselves, second guessing a third party from a computer screen is just BS.

Quote:

Thats the most positive complimentary thing you have said on this whole thread, cheers

Anytime you want to do that Bio, I will be happy to read it.

#288206 - 09/27/06 05:33 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: crablord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

lol ed... Andy the guy obviously had a lot of experience. I do boxing and i can tell you it isnt easy to hit a guy reversing at 100 k's an hour. If the guys had of stood up and fought back he would have knocked them out easily. I can tell you he had good footwork, and those punches would have been a lot harder than they looked. If you still feel as though he sucked please go into greater detail.

I could give a blow by blow account but all I seem to get is that both Cord and Ed refuse to comment on initial actual technique used in given scenarios of actual fights.Then they attempt to trash what I have written. or attempt to trash my background.then seemingly others join in.

Indicates to me a lack of actual fighting experience Im afraid.

#288207 - 09/27/06 05:46 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Loc: Australia, QLD, GC
I watched the video again andy, he didnt have his legs open at all, he had his back leg almost behind the front, and he only left them open when he was up close and they couldnt have done anything, at the danger distance he kept them tight. From your posts I am being led to believe that you have less experience than you claim, as that was a textbook example of how to deal with multiple attackers. What did you want him to do? short of going into kokutsu dachi he couldnt have kept them much more closed, to do so takes away power. But of course you know that judging by your boxing and karate background.

#288208 - 09/27/06 05:46 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

I could give a blow by blow account but

You could also give us a bio
You could post some evidence of your vastly superior skill
You could apologise for insulting me and Ed
You could give straight answers to straight questions
You could stop blowing hot air out your a$$

So many things you could do, instead you choose to post cr4p. i guess everyone has to have a hobby.

#288209 - 09/27/06 05:47 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Quote:

Nope. He did fine. He walked away unhurt. That is good SD. As said before, he and the girl should have run from the scene just to be sure, but hey, no one is perfect- apart from you of course.

Quote:

Itsnt it funny cord when asked to or suggested to discuss techniqeus on actual fighting scenes then you refuse for some reason?

What do you want? 'Well here he should have ABC rather than XYZ '

i know from real experience that such hypothesis is ideal world nonsense best left to Yuen Wo Ping and his choreography team. Every situation is different, and every person in every situation would do something different, dependant on their instincts, their training, and their split second assessment of the situation.
Saying with authority 'he should have thrown at that point' or 'an uppercut would have been better there' is the sort of cr4p that comes out the mouth of someone who has never dealt with a real life situation. Hindsight based on experience may teach someone something about themselves, second guessing a third party from a computer screen is just BS.

Quote:

Thats the most positive complimentary thing you have said on this whole thread, cheers

Anytime you want to do that Bio, I will be happy to read it.

Cord here is another nice thing. You are seemingly good at quoting stuff other people have written or interesting
jargon. You are very informative to others on training methods and have no doubt been very helpfull and I should imagine people on this forum are trainiNg harder due to your efforts. YOu have no doubt helped a lot of people with their training. Good man I take my hat off to you but when it comes down to it the conclusion I draw is you lack some expereince in actual fighting.

I would like to state again what I have stated all along.
Put that boxer in a boxing ring against me and he will lose.
If a person like that attacked me again he would lose
Draw any conclusion you will.

please keep all conversations with myself from now on technical and about fighting techniques.
My background is irrelevent as to what a boxer is attemping to do during a fight

Thanks ANDY

#288210 - 09/27/06 05:52 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Loc: Australia, QLD, GC
Quote:

My background is irrelevent as to what a boxer is attemping to do during a fight

It is relevant, however, when you claim to be able to beat him in a ring and criticise his actions. Please tell me andy, if you were the first guy, what would you have done? how would you have effortlessly disposed of the untalented boxer?

Page 16 of 27 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26 27 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga