FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 10
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 3
cxt 3
VDJ 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
Yesterday at 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Recent Posts
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
Yesterday at 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35570 Topics
432472 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 7 of 27 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
#288111 - 09/26/06 07:15 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ButterflyPalm]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Quote:

Or perhaps you can explain why he looked over his shoulder and threw out his arm.

The couple on hearing some foul language between the two guys said something to the effect "Aw, watch your language" (you can see the couple looking in the direction of the two guys) Then on hearing this, the first guy looked back to his left and because by then the couple had passed behind him, he turned to his right and stretched out his right hand to say something like -- mind your own bloody business -- and the girl walked right into it and as I said before her momentum made it looked more serious than it actually was, hence the sudden anger of the boyfriend.

Yeah I sort of see it that way but the guy who threw the fists saw it the way he should have. Again the guy with the fists need to do a hell of a lot more training in punching and all round fighting ability.

Next time he might have to defend him self against some on e who can fight. Im not taking it way from him he did the right thing in defending the girl and himself but he needs a hell of a lot of work on his fighting skills.

#288112 - 09/26/06 08:12 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Loc: Australia, QLD, GC
so what did you interpret his weaknesses as?

#288113 - 09/26/06 08:13 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Quote:

Again the guy with the fists need to do a hell of a lot more training in punching and all round fighting ability.....
Im not taking it way from him he did the right thing in defending the girl and himself but he needs a hell of a lot of work on his fighting skills.

Really? I think you are an extremely harsh critic. He had great spacial awareness- switching from one to the other at exactly the right time, he kept his balance through good footwork, and managed to put a$$ to ground 3 times when outnumbered 2 to 1. He also stopped when it became abundantly clear that he had punched any fight they had out of them.
Awareness. Control. Balance. speed. Power. Mercy. i cant think of any other attributes he may need, and he demonstrated all these. Please expand on your critique, or what you felt he should/could have done better.

#288114 - 09/26/06 08:37 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Quote:

Awareness. Control. Balance. speed. Power. Mercy. i cant think of any other attributes he may need, and he demonstrated all these.

as well as a really cool tracksuit

#288115 - 09/26/06 08:47 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Cord]
ANDY44 Offline
Revolutionary!

Quote:

Really? I think you are an extremely harsh critic. He had great spacial awareness-.

Yes cord I am a harsh critic where fighting is involved.

Quote:

switching from one to the other at exactly the right time, he kept his balance through good footwork, and managed to put a$$ to ground 3 times when outnumbered 2 to 1.

Yes I give him that he did switch ok but they didnít stay on the deck.
He missed out on quite a few techniques and opportunities that he could have got in during the space/time he had while fighting.
He no automated techniques other that his fists which are underdeveloped

Quote:

He also stopped when it became abundantly clear that he had punched any fight they had out of them.

Disagree in the end they followed him if that was the case they wouldnít have. They were still physically capable of fighting.

Quote:

Awareness. Control. Balance. speed. Power. Mercy

Awareness
He had none initially. Two guys arguing isnít the best place to have a woman around unless she can fight better than he can.

When he was fighting he did have some awareness.
Depends what you mean by control.
Balance yes his balance seemed to be ok.

Speed and power.
Forget it he had some speed but not any where near fast enough and power he didnít have very much otherwise the two guys wouldnít have got up.

They certainly wouldnít have followed him afterwards. Think about it if a person was to for some reason get hit hard would they then want to go back for more? No they would go the other way or they would be asleep

Quote:

I cant think of any other attributes he may need, and he demonstrated all these. Please expand on your critique, or what you felt he should/could have done better

He needs more speed more power and more techniques and needs to those techniques worked untill they are
Automatic.

Ok Iím off training if you want it in more detail I will do it later. One thing that keeps re occurring to me.
is when I see stuff like this and people say it is good then perhaps it is time I reconsidered my age issue.

edited to fix as many quotes as I cared for. someone please take the second shift here

Ok Matt I will pay more attention to the quote
methods in future.

Edited by ANDY44 (09/26/06 01:46 PM)

#288116 - 09/26/06 08:55 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

well he knocked 2 bigger guys flat.. And I can tell you he had good footwork, he punched pretty well and he knew when to stop. As well as the fact that he wasnt in tunnel vision mode, and he kept looking back at his girlfriend to see she was ok, he was very aware of what was going on. Anyway, you still havnt told us the "missed opportunities" that he had. I give him a 9/10

#288117 - 09/26/06 09:04 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: Leo_E_49]
iaibear Offline
Veteran

Loc: upstate New York
And all this started right beside the only obvious piece of litter along an otherwise clear path. hmm?

#288118 - 09/26/06 09:13 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ANDY44]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Let me be a critic here.Andy,your quoting ability $ucks! Mods have spent countless hours fixing your posts. Learn the quote function man!!!

#288119 - 09/26/06 09:54 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: BrianS]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

Let me be a critic here.Andy,your quoting ability $ucks! Mods have spent countless hours fixing your posts. Learn the quote function man!!!

Ah yes, Andy needs to work on his awareness and controls?

I am not saying the 'boxer' was bad; it was obvious he had some training; just that the two guys with zero training PERHAPS made him looked better than he actually was. The fact that the two guys kept backing away and not stand and fight also made it difficult to assess his actual skill level.

He had to keep chasing them, hence the inability to land a solid punch. We all know that it is not easy to land anything solid on something that's going away from you. Also he didn't want to chase any of the two guys too far because he had to be in a position to protect the girl if need be.

The only fault that I can see was that his sport-boxing habit stayed with him in a non-ring situation. When the guy who "hit" the girl was down on the ground, he looked down on him (ring boxing style) for a few dangerous seconds without either carrying on the attack and finished it or backed and turned away quickly. This is alright in a ring situation where there is a refferee and you know you are fighting only one person and that person is down on the mat in front of you. In a street situation this 'merciful' habit can get you killed.

#288120 - 09/26/06 10:21 AM Re: ooh, you messed with the wrong guy! [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Tom2199 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: England
Quote:

I am not saying the 'boxer' was bad; it was obvious he had some training; just that the two guys with zero training PERHAPS made him looked better than he actually was.

He had to keep chasing them, hence the inability to land a solid punch.

The only fault that I can see was that his sport-boxing habit stayed with him in a non-ring situation. When the guy who "hit" the girl was down on the ground, he looked down on him (ring boxing style) for a few dangerous seconds

all good points, these guys were obvious oafs, i dont think he seemed that good either

when he chased the guy to the ground i dont think he landed anything i would have just used openings by intimidating them and giving them a good wak.

a good point in a confrontation like this i feel is not to go overboard like HE DID, that is why the guys follow him afterwards

i would have reacted with a swift right hand too the head, even if it didnt land i would asses the situation in the split seconds after if hes game carry on i dont think he would be as you see he puts his arms up and backs away the other guy actually seems like hey wooo

i think he was itching for a fight to test his skills and i know exactly what that feels like but what goes around comes around is it worth being followed and heckled, who knows what else with the one you love with you?

Page 7 of 27 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26 27 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga