FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#287237 - 09/20/06 10:03 PM Kick em in the 'blessings"
Ronin1966 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: East Coast, United States
Hello:

During a warm summer day, a beginner group of fairly young children was being tested on their understanding-knowledge of the skills taught them during that session.

"Unable to get-run away", "unable to talk their way out", certain they would be hurt, they were asked "...where in the middle of the body you should hit someone..." One very enthuastic young boy raised his hand and practically bouncing himself off the floor (ala a human basketball) was called upon. "...yes Marcus (invented name)... where do you hit someone... "

His earnest loud response "... HIT EM IN THE EUCHARIST ..."

When the tears finally stopped several minutes later, and the room returned to a quiet chuckle, (everyone could finally breathe again) the next question was... eventually asked....

"Ok.. where on the lower body do you strike, forced to physically defend yourself..."

The young boy again raised his hand, again absolutely certain he knew the right answer. Again he was called upon. "..where on the lower body Marcus..."

"... KICK HIM IN THE BLESSINGS ..."

Anybody else have/had funny teaching kid stories...?
Jeff (My sides still hurt thinking about it)

#287238 - 09/20/06 11:02 PM Re: Kick em in the 'blessings" [Re: Ronin1966]
clmibb Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Texas, US
Cute story, Ronin. When my instrustor promotes a new female BB (which isn't that often) he tells us that when we are sparring and if one of the guys (we used to have a lot of guys that would just pound on you and didn't care who you were) is going too hard for class to tell them to back off a little that there was no need to kill each other in class. If they didn't listen give them one more warning and if they still don't listen, kick as hard as you can in the "blessings". I had one guy that played varsity football in high school in my class. I was also in high school at the time and might have weighed 115 pounds MAYBE. I was sparring this guy and he was just goin at it full force. I had told him twice to back off. When he decided to punch me as hard as he could I waited for him to throw a kick and I threw one at the same time. My shin hit his "blessings"-hard. My instructor asked if he was wearing a cup and he said no that he had lost it. My instructor got up and walked away. He got back up and was ready for more. He threw another hard kick and I hit him again. He naturally dropped to the floor, my instructor looked at him and smiled and walked away. He dropped out of class shortly after. Said football was taking up too much of his time.

#287239 - 09/20/06 11:13 PM Re: Kick em in the 'blessings" [Re: Ronin1966]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

...was that at a karate kicks for christ mcdojo? lol j/k funny story.

There was one particularly funny thing my son came out with during a test last year at a local family vanilla-ryu dojo. during the test, the kids are asked 2 or 3 questions about the style, founders, training, etc. one of the questions was "What is the most important peice of equipment for training hopefully found in a dojo?" the pre-described answer at this place was suppossed to be "a mirror".
my son answered "An instructor."

It got a good laugh and later he asked why people laughed. I told him it was because he got it right.

#287240 - 09/21/06 05:30 AM Re: Kick em in the 'blessings" [Re: Ed_Morris]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Looks like Morris Jnr is going to carry on the witty legacy then!

#287241 - 09/21/06 08:17 AM Re: Kick em in the 'blessings" [Re: Gavin]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Great thread. Hilarious!

#287242 - 09/21/06 09:31 AM Re: Kick em in the 'blessings" [Re: MattJ]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
I thought we were not supposed to mix religion with MA?

#287243 - 09/21/06 01:08 PM Re: Kick em in the 'blessings" [Re: ButterflyPalm]
tkd_high_green Offline
Veteran

Loc: Vermont
I just love the answers that kids give sometimes. Two in particular stand out, both during testing. We too have a "knowledge" portion of our test, and one kid was asked to name the three countries represented by the flags on the wall. That student very confidantly answered "South Korean, American, and Conneticut" (It was supposed to be Canada).

Then I believe it was at that very same testing, at the very end, when we find out if we passed or not, my instructor goes up to the first kid, a very tiny white belt, and asks the testing board "Johnny, Pass Fail?" And before anyone on the testing board could answer, little Johnny yells out very loudly "PASS SIR!"

Laura

#287244 - 09/21/06 01:36 PM Re: Kick em in the 'blessings" [Re: tkd_high_green]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Classic!

#287245 - 09/21/06 08:15 PM Re: Kick em in the 'blessings" [Re: Ed_Morris]
Ronin1966 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: East Coast, United States
Hello Ed:

Meaningful to your son...

Excellent answer!!!!
Jeff

#287246 - 09/22/06 12:36 AM Re: Kick em in the 'blessings" [Re: clmibb]
pepto_bismol Offline
infinite kudos

Quote:

Cute story, Ronin. When my instrustor promotes a new female BB (which isn't that often) he tells us that when we are sparring and if one of the guys (we used to have a lot of guys that would just pound on you and didn't care who you were) is going too hard for class to tell them to back off a little that there was no need to kill each other in class. If they didn't listen give them one more warning and if they still don't listen, kick as hard as you can in the "blessings". I had one guy that played varsity football in high school in my class. I was also in high school at the time and might have weighed 115 pounds MAYBE. I was sparring this guy and he was just goin at it full force. I had told him twice to back off. When he decided to punch me as hard as he could I waited for him to throw a kick and I threw one at the same time. My shin hit his "blessings"-hard. My instructor asked if he was wearing a cup and he said no that he had lost it. My instructor got up and walked away. He got back up and was ready for more. He threw another hard kick and I hit him again. He naturally dropped to the floor, my instructor looked at him and smiled and walked away. He dropped out of class shortly after. Said football was taking up too much of his time.

I am horrified and disgusted. I am horrified that your instructor would promote kicking people in the groin.

I am disgusted that you actually did it.

If you can't handle sparring with the men, then don't train with the men. If a girl kicked me in the groin on purpose, then I would brake their nose on purpose.

I would like to go up to your instructor and kick him in the groin.

Just my humble opinion.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga