FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
AndyLA 3
Zombie Zero 2
Matakiant 2
futsaowingchun 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
Yesterday at 09:05 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
09/18/14 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432495 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#287109 - 09/26/06 08:00 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: Zyranyth]
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
Some interesting debate going on here.

Please all remember to keep it to a debate and not make it personal, insulting, or to incite flame wars. IOW play nicely.

Thanks for your co-operation - otherwise the topic will be locked which would be a bit of a shame as its getting a bit more interesting.

--------------
Thanks for your order - would you like chi with that?

#287110 - 09/26/06 09:00 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: RonH]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
RonH wrote
Quote:

That being said, damage can still be done by someone projecting/using a large amount of energy on someone that even has a low sensitivity to chi.

Thanks Ron! It is people like you who give me life on these forums!

Until someone can SHOW me instead of telling me about it, I'll believe. So far that's not happened. In fact, it's been NOTHING but talk.

http://www.randi.org/

-John

#287111 - 09/26/06 11:31 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: JKogas]
Lucid Warrior Offline

Loc: TwinCities, MN, U.S.
RonH, forget for a second about trying to convince anyone if these qi-zap techniques exist and work or not...

...Just tell me this, do you claim to be able to do qi-zaps or claim to know someone who does? Or do you just claim it's possible? If you can or know someone who can, then there is no harm in proving it, and you should show people in order to benefit them. The 'I don't need to stroke my ego' thing is a copout, there are plenty of other reasons why to show it (if it somehow did work). I think it would be pretty silly for you to be getting all worked up defending something you don't really even know for yourself to be something that is being used by anyone at all. So do you claim to be able to do qi-zaps or know someone who is able?

In closing, I have faith in what I have faith in, but I don't put my faith in things random people on the interweb claim. Put up proof or expect to be not believed. It's that simple, if you don't want to proove outragous claims, then be more careful about what you say, or at least don't expect anyone to believe. People put their faith in God, scientific fact, people they know and trust, and their own experiences, but they don't have to put their faith in random strangers on the internet. BTW, just what martial arts system teaches these things of which you speak?

#287112 - 09/27/06 02:40 AM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: RonH]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Before addressing anything else here i'm going to comment on this statement first.

Quote:

You don't like it, talk to those running the board to change the rules of the forum.

Have you read the forum rules? This one looks fitting.

Quote:

6. This forum is NOT for the discussion of radki, anime, kiblasts, kiflames, kishields, pyrokenesis, telekenesis or any other form of kenesis. Posts on these will be removed.

With that out of the way i'll move on to the next issue. If you read through some of the older posts you will see why you got the responses you did. You’re not the first to make similar claims and oddly enough you’re not the first to get bent out of shape when asked for proof. You’re not the first to demand everyone else provide proof that your claims are false and you’re not the first to say your not going to prove anything because you don't need to or care what others think. If you didn’t care you wouldn’t have responded. You’re also not going to be the first to skirt the issue, back peddle and give infinite excuses as to why you’re not going to provide proof of these claims while claiming it's our fault for not being "open minded" enough. You’re also not the first to be told that we can't prove a negative. You are the one with the extraordinary claims so it is up to you to prove they are true.

While you are right, you are more than entitled to your opinion what you are going to find is that few if any existing members here are going to agree with you. This forum is NOT for the radki types contrary to what you might think. Some of the individuals who are going to disagree with you have quite a bit of experience in IMAs and MA in general. I myself have met several people in various countries around the world all who made similar claims, many of them claiming to be "masters", none of which could prove their claims when tested, all of them failing miserably.

What does this mean for you? You are the one who needs to "talk to those running the board to change the rules of the forum". In order for that to happen you will need to provide proof of your claims. This was the terms when i ran the forum and as the rules have yet to change i would imagine Reiki and Fisherman might feel the same way.

I have a novel idea, instead of this discussion running in circles as it has so many times in the past, you provide us with your location and specifics on exactly what it is that you claim you or someone you know can do and we test it. That way we will all have proof once and for all. I'm sure there is someone close to you that is willing to put this fire out once and for all. Even if your ego doesn't need to be stroked look at it this way, you could be the first person ever to provide proof that such claims are true. Information like this could change the face of the martial arts and how it's practiced forever.

Unfortunately i see you doing one of two things, or even both.

1. Talk in circles about belief, being close minded, wanting us to prove something doesn't exist and at some point completely loosing it and flying off the handle.

2. Offering to provide proof then disappearing forever.

Please prove me wrong. Don't be another Master Blaster.

#287113 - 09/27/06 08:55 AM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: laf7773]
RonH Offline

You won, don't worry. You've done your job to turn me off this board. I don't want to be back here. Not with the level of vitriol you guys are wanting to send my way. Not with the condescension that's given from an administrator. Not when the best shouting argument seems to be put up or shut up. So, delete my profile, clear out my password. I won't be needing it anymore.

#287114 - 09/27/06 10:44 AM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: RonH]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Par for the course.

#287115 - 09/27/06 10:50 AM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: laf7773]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
He's taking his chi-ball and going home.

#287116 - 09/27/06 11:16 AM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: Zombie Zero]
stormbringer Offline
Extraordinaire

Loc: Florida
I thought the mysticism part was interesting and could explain a lot. I wonder if it could have been large buildups of static electricity or even optical illusions (magic tricks are pretty old). Just my 2 cents.

#287117 - 09/27/06 11:26 AM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: stormbringer]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Isn't there a common chi kung exercise about holding a chi ball?

Personally I like chi balls and sweet/sour sauce.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#287118 - 09/27/06 01:54 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: trevek]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
I scratch mine.

But of course, anyone who is asked to "prove" in an unbiased manner what he has presented himself and then run away when there isn't any prove to give...well, again, it is just a telling symptom of something that has never once been shown to be real and can't be given credence otherwise.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga