FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (Victor Smith), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Troy7785, wakita, swisztony, Tonybb, shelly1993
22920 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 3
AndyLA 3
Marcus Charles 1
Victor Smith 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22920 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#287099 - 09/26/06 01:00 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: RonH]
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Houston, TX
Quote:

That being said, damage can still be done by someone projecting/using a large amount of energy on someone that even has a low sensitivity to chi.

Hello RonH,

Please contact me to set up a test. I am in Houston, TX and my e-mail is in my profile. You can become $1,000 US richer by stopping me pouring a glass of water on your head using only your magical chi-powers.

Otherswise please have a nice glass of STFU.

--KM

#287100 - 09/26/06 01:10 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: butterfly]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

Ed, Matt. I am not a mod or have ever been one, so politeness, which I usually carry in plentitude, is not required here. Bull $hit!

Come on, you guys really wanted to say that, didn't you?

*sound of pressure releasing*

Thanks, man.

#287101 - 09/26/06 01:45 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: butterfly]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

I forgot I'm not a mod anymore

---
LOL be afraid... be very afraid!

Edited by Reiki (09/26/06 07:52 PM)

#287102 - 09/26/06 02:50 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: Kempoman]
RonH Offline

Guys, you might want to pay attention to the point of the thread. The origin of the concept of chi balls was asked for and I gave the historical perspective. This is not something that came about in pop culture. It originated in popular culture from hearing the stories of old and thinking 'if it could be projected like a beam of energy, why not make it into a ball? It's different and cool, too.' This happens with any historical piece in pop culture. Certain things are used and done in ways that the writers of shows think would be entertaining, but that doesn't mean they were the first ones to come up with the idea.

MattJ, are you just talking about using chi in an electric jolt fashion? That would require impregnating the energy with the command to do so. Chi itself doesn't zap anyone. Electricity can be used to zap. There is often the confusion of bioelectricity for chi. Chi is life force. Electricity is electricity.

Now, for Ed_Morris. Your condescention is out of line. Since you are so quick to jump on me about this, I get the impression that you are desperately trying to convince yourself on a regular basis that this doesn't exist. You'll probably reply to this, saying something along the lines of 'I don't want anymore disinformation being spread about things like this' or with something along the lines of wanting others to believe the way you believe.

Why don't you stop trying to act like a cult leader for this topic and let people think what they want. If what you feel is really true, then you should have faith that others as a whole will eventually see it that way after they have spent enough time playing with childish mind games. If you really don't have faith in your belief then, that's something you need to re-examin about yourself for yourself.

Kenpoman, I'm not gonna contact you to set up a test of any kind of abilities because I couldn't gather enough strength to actually care about proving it to others. My ego is not in the need to be stroked so badly, that I feel the need to tell others to shut up or always try to convince others to feel the way I do.

Let's do a hypothetical. Let's say I did come and meet you and we set up the test and let's say I did stop myself from getting wet with my 'magical chi-powers', as you like to call them (I wouldn't call it that). There is a very strong chance that you would come up with an idea of how I didn't use any powers to do that or just be so dumbfounded that you would just assume that it couldn't be what I said I was doing, but was something else because I still couldn't provide any kind of proof to support the notion that it happened as I said, since you came out so strongly, as did Matt and Ed. Since you have come out, like they did, it tells me that you aren't open to the possibility, so I'd doubt I'd even get a fair shake, since you're so adament about this view. Besides, I don't like the vibe you're giving off, so that's an additional reason for me not to do it.

So, what's the end result of this little trip? Most likely, I would have been out of the 1,000 dollars, the price of travel, lodging, food, etc. and wasted my time.

Now, why don't you three actually show the maturity I assumed originally you had the capacity for showing before you posted and not fall into the school yard rules trap of the one with the most backers of a view wins. I was given to understand that this board wasn't govern by school yard rules.

Edit: I get you guys don't want to believe in what I'm saying. I don't care if you don't. Nor am I gonna switch my belief just on the few say sos of people I don't know, especially when they provide such "roaring" evidence, such as 'are you on drugs' or 'if you can't provide evidence, STFU'. That kind of intellectual sparring matches are so good for keeping people on their toes, it's much more challenging than doing the crossword puzzle of a major metropolitan city's newspaper in pen. Unfortunately for you, there are those that don't believe as you do. And, as per the question of the first post in this thread, I did what was asked. You don't like it, talk to those running the board to change the rules of the forum.

Edited by RonH (09/26/06 02:55 PM)

#287103 - 09/26/06 03:59 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: RonH]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
RonH -

Come on now. You must know better than to say that "I believe in XYZ" and not be able to support it. I am more than willing to accept proof of chi-zaps etc, IF someone can PROVE that they can do it. This has not happened - EVER.

So please do not berate me for my lack of faith. Prove me wrong.

Quote:

I don't like the vibe you're giving off, so that's an additional reason for me not to do it.

Sorry, but I found this humorously ironic in the context of a chi-projection thread. Kempoman, please stop projecting your negative chi at RonH! WAIT!!!! Maybe it IS possible!

Quote:

So, what's the end result of this little trip? Most likely, I would have been out of the 1,000 dollars, the price of travel, lodging, food, etc. and wasted my time.

Now that I can agree with you on.

#287104 - 09/26/06 04:02 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: MattJ]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
"Dude, you're shielding."

#287105 - 09/26/06 04:11 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: RonH]
Ed_Morris Offline
Professional Poster

you are talking your way out of it.

Quote:

1. give evidence of anyone ever damaging anything with just their 'chi'.

2. give evidence of how 'chi sensitivity' is measured.

or...as someone so eligantly suggested: 3. STFU.

lol

#287106 - 09/26/06 04:17 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: Ed_Morris]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
Somewhere, three billy goats are trip-trapping on a bridge uncontested.

#287107 - 09/26/06 04:18 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: RonH]
butterfly Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Torrance, CA
Ron,

Obviously you’re eloquent in your postings and my comment was not aimed at you personally as much as the use of a metaphysically directed power. And yes, you were right about the historical framework for the thread about “chi balls.” You were answering this.

However, as Matt stated, I took exception at what appeared to be anecdotal info to base one’s reasoning that the use of chi, especially non-touch applications, exist. There has never, ever been disinterested, double blind tests that confirmed the existence of such things as chi-balls or psycho-kinetic energy or any of a multitude of different but similar powers.

In this case, an earnest person willing to seek the truth should be a skeptic to be proved wrong, not someone who believes despite evidence to the contrary.

Regards,

-B

#287108 - 09/26/06 04:23 PM Re: Where did "chi ball" come from? [Re: Ed_Morris]
Zyranyth Offline

Loc: Finland
Quote:

2. give evidence of how 'chi sensitivity' is measured.

no need to answer...you can't. I understand.

Heyyy! I once read a story about two masters who held hands before a fight (yeah, sounds a bit gay, doesn't it?). This enabled them to feel eachothers chi and the one with a weaker chi withdrew without a single punch taking place.

And while I'm not saying its true, I tell you that myth is not one made up by westerners.. =) Too bad I don't remember where I read it anymore.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga