FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
AndyLA 1
Victor Smith 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#285624 - 09/15/06 05:47 PM Re: Constructive reflection on qi - no trolls plea [Re: Zyranyth]
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
Yes, I am a RM and have attuned many people over the past few years. I am a bit busy at the moment so will discuss later when I have some free time.

As a matter of interest, I have not charged any of my pupils for attunements or treatment.

Great topic!

#285625 - 09/15/06 06:06 PM Re: Constructive reflection on qi - no trolls plea [Re: Reiki]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Reiki

I can see why you list your location as "MiddleEarth".

Send Gandalf my regards!

-John

#285626 - 09/16/06 05:46 AM Re: Constructive reflection on qi - no trolls please! [Re: Zyranyth]
Bossman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chatham Kent UK
Hi Zyranyth

A reasonable question. I've been a martial artist and healer for over 40 years - my MA experience is in karate tai chi iaido and jodo and my healing experience is in 'energy' healing of all sorts - I'm a RM and have worked with martial artists (particularly tai chi and chi kung), spiritual healers, pagans. wiccans and ritual magic. I would say that it's only one type of energy and I would call that 'animation'. Remember the calligraphy for chi is steam coming of a rice pot meaning 'breath' or 'energy of life'

When your posture is correct and your joints open, when you breathe deeply and correctly, when your mind is alert (animated) and focused, you are able to activate the 'pumps' and increase the flow of energy, enhance animation (and therefore the health) of wherever you turn your intention to.

There is an alchemy that takes place in our life, particularly when we train on daily basis that is reflected in our body, as we go through this process we can identify it in others and 'sense' it in them. By using our focused energy with another person who is in dis-ease we can remind their body of what it was like to be healthy - and it's the natural state for a body to gravitate towards good health, so theat if it is possible for their body to heal itself, we can 'jump start' it, or at least give it a little relief.

Good healing usually comes in the way of discussion, reiki, posture and breathing exercises and a course of chi kung as a follow up.

I have never charged anyone for healing as I earn my living teaching MA but I can find no fault in any good healer that does.

When the above learning processes takes place (good MA training being an excellent medium) all techniques will flow much better and carry a lot more 'natural' power.

Just a personal POV but I hope it helps.

Edited by Bossman (09/16/06 05:49 AM)

#285627 - 09/16/06 10:04 AM Re: To Qi or Not to Qi [Re: soulfiremage]
senseihonor Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hello -

Thanks for the comments regarding qi/pseudo-qi .

As for my heart rate during karate/kubudo/running, it's within the normal range for my height, weight, age and excerise level.

I have been speaking to my sensei's who do Tai Chi and they've been a little reluctant to talk about qi. However, they've been strongly encouraging me to *take* Tai Chi (I wonder why??? ). Guess Tai Chi is something that I'll be adding to my MA toolbox @ some point...

In the meantime, I'll continue doing what I've been doing, enjoy the "buzz" (that's literally what it feels like) that I get while doing MA's & running, welcome the sensation as I feel it beginning, grin my head off when it arrives and bid it farewell as it leaves.

By the way, as a newbie to this forum, I am enjoying the discussions on most of the boards I've looked at.

#285628 - 09/16/06 07:34 PM Re: Constructive reflection on qi - no trolls plea [Re: JKogas]
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
Quote:

Reiki

I can see why you list your location as "MiddleEarth".

Send Gandalf my regards!
-John

- Interesting comment John! Gandalf is alive and well and is eating weeds around my horse training arena. [Gandalf is a big goat, belonging to my son].

He keeps attacking me & kneecapping me with his horns which is why he's on a chain...

Now back on topic...

Things changed within my life when I started on the Reiki path. I won't go into details however I found it was definitely an intrinsic part of my training to be able to balance it all up with healing.

The energy and healing made me more aware of what others were and werent doing and how they were behaving with their martial arts and has helped me to focus more on my goals.

I think Steve has summed up most of it quite nicely for me anyway in his post above.

#285629 - 09/27/06 03:41 PM Re: Constructive reflection on qi - no trolls plea [Re: Reiki]
Zyranyth Offline

Loc: Finland
Great feedback. However, nobody mentioned ki/qi use while training. Of you healers, does none of you use ki for other purposes (in martial arts). Like, soft strength (or whatchmacallit)?

#285630 - 09/28/06 06:11 AM Re: Constructive reflection on qi - no trolls plea [Re: Zyranyth]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Heippa Zyranyth!

I spent a few months in Finland a looooooooong time ago and I attended a shiatsu course run by a ju-jitsu sensei in Helsinki.

What I found then, and since, is that exposure to applied chi makes me go to sleep. I've had shiatsu, reiki and accupressure at various times and i just go bye-byes.

Doing TC forms I've sometimes felt my hands buzzing with chi but, as of yet, I've not used it in application.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#285631 - 09/28/06 07:38 AM Re: Constructive reflection on qi - no trolls plea [Re: trevek]
Zyranyth Offline

Loc: Finland
Do you per chance remember the name of the guy?
Kauko Uusoksa for example is a pretty respected jujutsu sensei who also has some degree of experience in healing arts here.

Then there's for example Yuji Matsuoi of Tauramuso-ryu jujutsu.

#285632 - 09/29/06 04:09 AM Re: Constructive reflection on qi - no trolls plea [Re: Zyranyth]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Sadly , no (it was over 12 years ago).

He was a Finnish guy. He'd worked in a shiatsu centre in Japan for some years.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#285633 - 09/29/06 07:59 AM Re: To Qi or Not to Qi [Re: soulfiremage]
Gavin Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Southend, Essex, UK
Quote:

If you ever come over to Portishead just outside Bristol, I'll be happy to buy a coffee or beer and hence demonstrate healing directly :-). You can then decide if I fit the nutjob description or not LOL.

Sorry Soulfiremage I missed this post... anyone who offers me a beer is legit in my books! I don't want to cast the wrong impressions about my beliefs as I'm studying shiatsu and just started studying Tai Chi with the dude who posted above a bit higher up the page( Hi Boss!) so I have quite a lot vested in energetics. Although I generally remian open mindedly skeptical about most stuff until I feel it... and I like doing it that way coz those that prove it usually try really hard and I feel great! Such a nice way to be proved wrong! If I'm ever across your way I'll definately take you up on your offer and buy you the beer!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga