FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
Matakiant 1
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#280645 - 08/20/06 10:41 PM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: kurdt]
Stormdragon Offline
Who Dares Wins
Professional Poster

Loc: Salem, OR
Hey, I feel for you man, I 've been there 9except for the weed and sex). If oyu somehow end up with her, great, if not, you have to realise that htere are many, many others out there for oyu, it's true i know. i htought my life was over after I lost my first love, but within a few monthes I started getting over her and pretty soon it was liek no big deal, now i've got a great girl i'm crazy about. It'll pass, just keep up with htings that are more important liek training, studies, working out, whatever, get busy.
Member of DaJoGen MMA school under Dave Hagen and Team Chaos fight team under Denver Mangiyatan and Chris Toquero, ran out of Zanshin Martial Arts in Salem Oregon: http://www.zanshinarts.org/Home.aspx,

#280646 - 08/21/06 01:06 AM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: kurdt]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Drugs aside I think many of us know how you feel. Through grade 10, 11 and grade 12 ... those summers I spent time with a girl that meant a great deal to me. I lived in Alberta and she lived in Manitoba. I knew that after graduating that most likely we would never see each other in that capacity again. When she left it felt like a part of me left with her and it took a long time to get over her. I was love sick for her but eventually meeting another girl and then another girl things got easier. I have seen her a few times as her family and my family are very close and we grew up together. Seeing her brings back memories even 20+ years later but that was another life time and I have filled those voids in with greater things and people.

It is a good thing to feel this way, it lets you know you are alive. It lets you know you have feelings. Now just let it run its course, without substance abuse, and it will pass. Just think, those feelings you have can be shared with another and you are capable of so much more to give to another just knowing this.

This is life, you weren't the first to feel this way and you won't be the last. Take care.

#280647 - 08/31/06 03:15 AM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: Dereck]
alphawolf Offline

No offense, and maybe im harsh.. but i have looked down on anyone who does drugs and feel no remorse for anything that happens to them. Attempting to escape the realities of life is for the weak and pathetic. Whenever i feel depressed or sad about something i just think about what people had to cope with during the holocaust, wars, and whatnot. Nothing I, or anyone else experiences can EVER compare with that, and short of losing a loved one permanently, the problems most people have today are absolutely pathetic. Unless you are homeless or your entire life was destroyed, dont complain.

#280648 - 08/31/06 08:16 AM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: alphawolf]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

Yeah that was harsh. It only goes to show how the human spirit can survive and overcome.

Back to subject. Please stop the drugs and like most have said, it is life, you will heal and move on. It just takes time.

#280649 - 08/31/06 08:47 AM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: JasonM]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
kurdt,

I know it's one of the biggest cliches, but there are plenty of fish in the sea. Lots of people, myself included, have felt the pain of unrequited love. It hurts worse than a kick to the stomach.

But trust me, it will pass. In time, you will heal. As impossible as it seems now, you WILL find someone to love, and who will return that love.

Please get off the drugs. Don't cut back, don't taper off, just stop. Don't spend any time with anyone who uses. Drugs will stop your healing process cold. It's like picking at a scab with a chainsaw.

Talk to a counselor. Talk to your parents. I'm 30 years old, and I still need to talk to my mommy sometimes.

Listen to that Cure album exactly once. Then, get yourself a copy of Rollins Band's album 'Hard Volume'.

No matter what, please don't do anything to hurt yourself.

#280650 - 08/31/06 09:09 AM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: kurdt]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
Well...as usual...I have a slight difference of opinion. Calling something a 'crush' doesn't make it any less deep or vital. Some folks only fall in love once...but even if you find you can't let go on the inside (it may take years to find a way to move on)...for another's sake...you have to let go on the outside.

If you really care for another...you will let them walk their path...even if it means without you.

#280651 - 09/01/06 05:16 AM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: kurdt]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Mabuhay!

A little traditional chinese saying of unrequited love:-

Luo hua you yi,
Liu shui wu qing.

Trans:-

The flower falls lovingly,
The stream flowed uncaringly.

She doesn't like you as much, and she said so; she thought it was great while it lasted and you should do the same. Get a girl that does not do drugs. She is ruining her own life; don't let her ruin yours.

#280652 - 09/01/06 08:17 AM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: harlan]
kurdt Offline

Loc: philippines
two weeks since i last doped.. i can definitely feel some sort of craving for it, but nothing i cant handle..
there definitely lots of fish out there just gotta get out and get some i guess.. it was fun while it lasted good times..
anyways im back to training and i love it.. there is nothing better than spending time in something that wont let you down!! chicks and drugs can let you down but not MA!!

#280653 - 09/01/06 08:48 AM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: kurdt]
Zombie Zero Offline
Compliance & Liability
Veteran

Loc: Lorton, VA
kurdt,

I've known a lot of people who have gone through the process of giving up drugs. Trust me, don't start a new relationship yet. You need to wait until you know you're totally clean.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga