FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (cxt), 31 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 15
cxt 7
trevek 6
futsaowingchun 3
JKogas 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 12:04 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432456 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#280635 - 08/20/06 11:13 AM lost, confused and depressed (help wanted)
kurdt Offline

Loc: philippines
i just met this totally amazing girl from the states.. she just left actually and now i am totally confused

while she was here we smoked lots of weed and tripped out and [censored].. then one time we were probably a little too stoned and something happened.. we talked afterwards and just said that maybe we should just stay friends, i totally understood her since i didnt want to complicate our kind of relationship, later we hung out a lot, i always accompany her everywhere..

i kept reminding myself that i cant fall in love with this person (since i knew she was leaving).. but somehow i was feeling some sort of attraction with her, i just wanted to be with her.. to the point that i wasnt even flirting with other girls who were even flirting with me.. in school she always on my mind.. id stay way up late with her and just crash in my classes

i just didnt give a damn anymore about anything else

i dont know why im telling complete strangers these things.. just feel like [censored] right now..

on her last day we toked our last toked.. i went with her to buy some last few things.. i gave her flowers (i dont know why i did).. partied at night went with her to the airport at 4am.
the trip to the airport was hard for me.. i knew she didnt want to hurt my feelings because everytime id cuddle with her shed give an excuse not to.. even though nights before wed be in my room just chilling.. at the airport i just gave her a hug and passed on a letter to her.. feel that i shoulda said more but at the time i was really lost (still am actually)

so what does this all mean to me? i have no fuckin idea.. i know that i should not fall in love with her but i dunno i think i musta bent the rules somewhere.. shes coming back december, really happy bout that..

now its time for me to think a lot or not think about it at all.. need some whiskey or scotch before i sleep
im expecting to feel like crap the next few days so wish me luck

#280636 - 08/20/06 11:17 AM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: kurdt]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Stop doing drugs.

#280637 - 08/20/06 11:22 AM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: MattJ]
kurdt Offline

uhm yes i am cleaning up now so that is not a problem (im gonna get rid of my stash now).. but somehow that wont help me at all.. i definitely need to focus on something (studies, training, band) to distract myself from this

but i dont see how drugs are my problem right now1!!!

#280638 - 08/20/06 11:27 AM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: kurdt]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Weed and alcohol are depressants, which will make your emotional state even more difficult to deal with. Learn to deal with your situation on your own. And stop cursing so much.

#280639 - 08/20/06 12:32 PM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: kurdt]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Quote:

The fact that you don't see IS your problem. Drugs are more of a symptom than a problem. Address the root issues. Ask yourself why you want drugs in the first place.

Life is short. I wouldn't want to miss a second of it because my senses were dulled due to be stoned or bombed out of my mind. However if you don't have a problem with that, it isn't our concern really.

Find a shrink and talk to him. That isn't a part of our job description here.

Sounds like you have a bit to work through. Good luck.

-John

#280640 - 08/20/06 12:47 PM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: kurdt]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
You have a teenage crush, maybe even a good old fashioned unrequited first love. Put a Cure album on repeat, clean up your act so you can think straight, and chanel you energies into more productive avenues. You will get over her.

the thing is, if she is giving you the 'I dont want to spoil our friendship' thing, then that is a polite way of saying 'You and me aint never gonna happen'.
Think for a second, what did you have in common apart from enjoying getting f*cked up?

if you have experienced love, no matter how distorted or dead end, then you now know how amazing it can be- better than any chemical or herb. The trouble is, if you want any girl to get serious with you, you have to be worth taking seriously. Love doesn't put a roof over your head, give you job prospects, food on the table or any means of living- and neither does being a stoner who has OD'd on the 'romantic' image of dead rockers and Beat poets- none of whom had remotely fullfilling lives.

Be smarter than your hero's, you will be happier.

#280641 - 08/20/06 01:10 PM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: kurdt]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
I know you think we sound like a bunch of goody goodies,but I'm gonna repeat it anyway. Stop doing drugs!! They will totally mess your life up!!

How old are you??

This is probably just a crush,like Cord said,that you will eventually get over.

Life isn't alwys easy,but there are people out there who care and will help. You never know what the next day holds and answers are closer than they appear!!

Good luck and S M I L E !!!

#280642 - 08/20/06 01:16 PM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: JKogas]
rideonlythelabel Offline
Veteran

Loc: st-hubert quebec canada
Quote:

Quote:

The fact that you don't see IS your problem. Drugs are more of a symptom than a problem. Address the root issues. Ask yourself why you want drugs in the first place.

Agreed. A few drinks or a joint here and there aren't that much of a problem. The real problem lies in your relationship with these substances. If you use and abuse them to escape your real issues... that's a problem.

Right now you might feel like there is no end in sight, but there is. Everyone has had their hearts broken. Feeling confused and alienated (i'm only assuming you feel alienated) is normal, but these feelings will eventually go away. You'll feel better someday. We all do. In the meanwhile, just hang tight and lay off the drugs. The drugs are like pissing yourself in the winter because you're cold. Might make you feel better for a while but it makes things much worse in the long run.

I've been there, trust me, you'll get better.

#280643 - 08/20/06 04:17 PM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: kurdt]
kunin Offline
hard-boiled aggression

Loc: - cloud-hidden in the big city
John's right—psychological counseling really isn't part of the job description here. Still, your cry for help has elicited some compassionate advice from a number of tough-minded gentlemen, so please know that you're among friends.

As to your sense of mixed up unrequited puppy love ('cause that's what it sounds like)—well, been there, done that! It's not a domain that's exclusive to the male gender. I took a hit so heavily in my mid-twenties that I really tumbled hard from grace. When I finally realized what I was doing to myself--the drugs, the alcohol, and a whole lot of other stuff that I wouldn't want to mention on a site where children might be looking in—I went back to martial arts training to help me clean up, looking for something tough, no-nonsense, and so physically strenuous that I wouldn't have the energy to get into any more trouble. I found it in Japanese Goju-ryu karate-do at a school that was so strict, the students weren't allowed to socialize with each other outside of class for fear that it would interfere with their concentration on the dojo floor. Even though I experienced considerable difficulty with this regimen at first, the stringency of the discipline ultimately saved me from my own worst instincts and taught me something about my own potential.

The reason I'm sharing this embarrassing history with you is so that you'll know that some of us have been where you are—a bit deeper, in some cases—survived it, and moved on. Let's face it! The boy/girl, man/woman thing is always going to seem a bit mysterious, sometimes difficult—even when you've finally settled down in a loving marriage. This same thing could also be said, frankly, about any kind of relationship that can take place between human beings. Sometimes I think that we've been put on this earth precisely to learn how to get along with each other in all the different ways that human beings work, play, pray, and just hang with each other! The thing is, any relationship predicated on getting stoned is really more about the drug of choice than about intimacy or friendship.

I'm glad to hear that you're going to flush the dope. Please keep your word on it! You don't need have that crap poisoning your body and befuddling your mind. As Matt says, weed and alcohol are depressants that will only make you feel weirder and more emotionally out of control than you would otherwise. At the same time, while the pain you feel isn't likely to go away on command, you would do well simply to acknowledge it and put your attention to something both more constructive and satisfying. For me, that was karate, which presented me at the time an opportunity to regain my self-respect. Having hit bottom with nowhere else to go that made sense, I really jumped on it!

Man! This has turned into the all too familiar lecture that I find myself giving now and then to a struggling nephew or a niece. I apologize for the harangue. Just take good care of yourself, eh!

#280644 - 08/20/06 08:53 PM Re: lost, confused and depressed (help wanted) [Re: kunin]
kurdt Offline

thanks for the advice guys, i know this isnt the kind of place for this talk but i know the people here are very experienced in the game of life
its morning now and now have a fever which blows since i was hoping to go to the gym and start a new leaf
before sleeping i thought about why i did pot in the first place, i think i did becausel good about myself and that it te it made me feook some of the hardships of living away.. it seems that it is only now that i have realised that maybe i do have a drug problem
(i always told myself and others that i can control this.. then there were the rumors in 3 different campuses that i was the biggest pot head in my campus.. this really got me mad and started to make me think as to how i got this rep)

was it a crush i had with her? i dunno, i really like her and miss her incredibly.. just thinking of the fact that she is not in the same country as i am hurts.. i still wish that shes still here though
it was fun while it lasted.. very good times and guess all good things have to come to an end..
what did we have in common? ill think about this one (we did do lots of things together).. but i remember her saying that opposites attract each other..
feeling a bit better in the head.. gotta get my priorities straight though.. i really miss her, ill email her in a couple of days i guess..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga