FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
Matakiant 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#279334 - 09/28/06 11:37 PM Re: drug question [Re: styx]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Loc: Australia, QLD, GC
what do you mean responsible marijuana use? No matter how small your intake it does not have good effects, it may not have bad effects but it sure doesnt have any good ones. There is no responsible use, you use it once and you could become hooked on it and you are screwed. Responsible use is not using it at all.

#279335 - 09/29/06 02:03 AM Re: drug question [Re: crablord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
I didn't want to wade into this matter but I will give my two cents ... why ... because I can.

Growing up I never thought I'd ever do drugs. Then in grade 12 I found I experimented on a few occassion because some of my friends were doing it. I wanted to fit in but I was in no way pressure to doing it. Well then I got a girlfriend and I realized I didn't really need to bother doing this stuff and hanging with these guys as hanging with my girlfriend was far more important. I lost track of some of these guys but kept in touch with a few ... and like me they never really had any interest any more in doing so.

A number of years later I'd catch up with all of these guys and sure enough they were still living the same lives they were before. They really had no driving force in them to accomplish things and weekends were all about getting drunk and high. It reminded me why I did not hang around these guys all of the time as they were a drain on me and to others. Then a number of years ago a few of them all drunk and high got into a car accident and two of my friends died. It is sad as the driver of the car was at fault, though he was more high then drunk and now he carries that burden forever. But the saddest thing of all is not just that these guys died is that they never did anything with their lives. It is like their lives had died already and this was just the final chapter. I pass by the graveyard a lot of times and can see their graves side by side underneath a tree. I miss them and think of them but I also thank my lucky stars I took a different direction in life.

I know a lot of people that do drugs though I don't personally associate with them but some of them are good people but I can honestly say the majority of these people seem to be missing something in their lives. Perhaps they know this as well deep down inside and why they do this so they can escape it. Doing drugs of any kind are just that, an escape ... and yes alcohol I include in this as well and I have had my share of alcohol so am as guilty as the rest. But I believe you can social drink and can do so legally and you don't have to hide it whereas drugs are illegal and are done behind closed doors plus screw more with your mind. Plus the majority of people I know who were pot type smokers also became cigarette smokers ... which is just the cherry on top.

Again my opinions nothing more and nothing less.

#279336 - 09/29/06 03:28 AM Re: drug question [Re: Dereck]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Sorry to hear that Dereck. At my school I know a lot of people that get high regularly. Marijuana does change you, There was this one friend I had called Harley who always got a's, did his homework and was never late. Then he started using drugs. Marijuana at first but that led him on to bigger things. He started failing all his subjects, and skipping school. Pretty soon he got expelled. Last year someone told me that he and 2 other people were killed in a car crash because he was driving while he was high. I may just be biased in this matter but I am fiercely against any form of drug use. Marijuana may not seem bad but it leads you on to worse drugs such as speed. Anyway thats just my opinion but I hope you take some notice.

#279337 - 09/29/06 08:32 AM Re: drug question [Re: crablord]
TeaLSoNiC Offline

do you realize to overdose on pot it takes some rediculous amount (like several pounds), while alcohol can be deadly only after a few beers (dehydration, alcohol posioning).

im just being a voice of reality here.. im not saying you SHOULD smoke, im saying before you omg thats illegal, its bad for you, just think about it first.

#279338 - 09/29/06 10:30 AM Re: drug question [Re: TeaLSoNiC]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Quote:

just think about it first.

funny you should say that. How much of a percent of people killed by marijuana use are killed by overdose, not many. People arent killed by drinking, they are killed by drink driving. What do you think will happen if you smoke it a few times? you will become addicted and theres nothing you can do. You should be the one thinking about what you are posting.

#279339 - 09/29/06 10:38 AM Re: drug question [Re: crablord]
styx Offline

Lots of tragic examples of marijuana ABUSE here. Sad reading indeed. I still don't think it's enough to call marijuana an evil drug. Of course abuse is a bad idea, and if you smoke 24/7 it can cause bad things to happen in your life. Of course driving while high and drunk is a bad idea. These are all good examples of irresponsible marijuana use. Responsible marijuana use is when you use it occasionally and recreationally. If you don't want to smoke it because of the detrimental effect on your lungs, you can eat it like Bruce Lee did. You'll have fun for a few hours, and will be perfectly normal the next day. I realize this may look like blatant drug advertising, but there is such a vast different between responsible use and abuse that I feel obligated to point out.

Yes, drug abuse can be harmful. This goes for all drugs, including marijuana, perscription drugs, alcohol etc. Smoking one joint with a couple of friends on a saturday night is not, and I would really like to see an independent study that proves otherwise.

#279340 - 09/29/06 10:46 AM Re: drug question [Re: crablord]
styx Offline

Quote:

Quote:

just think about it first.

funny you should say that. How much of a percent of people killed by marijuana use are killed by overdose, not many. People arent killed by drinking, they are killed by drink driving. What do you think will happen if you smoke it a few times? you will become addicted and theres nothing you can do. You should be the one thinking about what you are posting.

First of all, there are no reports of anyone dieing as a direct result of marijuana usage. None. And yes, while people are certainly killed in great numbers because of drunk driving, alcohol itself causes hundreds of thousands of deaths every year by itself.

And second, no, because marijuana is not physically addictive. If you have a weak psyche that easily gets psychologically addicted to things, you might want to think it through first and stay away. Most people are sensible enough to understand that chronic marijuana use/abuse won't lead to much good, and keep their use on an occasional basis.

#279341 - 09/29/06 10:48 AM Re: drug question [Re: styx]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

Quote:

And second, no, because marijuana is not physically addictive.

Quote:

Most people are sensible enough to understand that chronic marijuana use/abuse won't lead to much good, and keep their use on an occasional basis.

You are an idiot.

#279342 - 09/29/06 11:06 AM Re: drug question [Re: crablord]
styx Offline

Quote:

You are an idiot.

What? Where does this come from? I don't think name-calling is going to improve this discussion. I'm sorry you don't have the needed abilities to discuss this as an adult.

#279343 - 09/29/06 11:17 AM Re: drug question [Re: styx]
crablord Offline
th3 t4sty sn4ck

You are saying that nothing strikes you as odd about those 2 quotes?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga