FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#278986 - 08/13/06 12:51 AM Ken 'Conan' Shamrock?
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
so there i am yesterday watching 'UFC 1' on DVD, and for once i actually dont skip the painful commentaries and post fight interviews (truly dreadfull presentation), and I catch something i have never noticed before- When interviewed, Ken Shamrock is told that John Milius is in the audience, and was interested in working with him on a film project. Ken said he was just a fighter and not interested.

Fast forward 14 years or so. Ken is still in awesome shape, no matter what the outcome of 'Shamrock/Ortiz 3' I think retirement has to be on the cards imminently, and his time in the WWE shows that he has developed a taste for the theatrical.

I dont know about you guys, but if you read the original Conan books, R.E. Howards description of Conan is far closer to Shamrock than Arnie, and Arnie is not showing much interest in doing more movies these days (true lies 2 is the only possibility I know of), and the much requested Older Arnie as 'King Conan' is not likely to happen.

what about a lavish, post Braveheart/LOTR production of Conan starring Ken?

I thought it would be pretty cool.

#278987 - 08/13/06 02:40 AM Re: Ken 'Conan' Shamrock? [Re: Cord]
Mr_Heretik Offline
Veteran

Loc: Bronx NY, USA
With Tarantino directing! I want to see a bloody mess..

#278988 - 08/13/06 06:36 AM Re: Ken 'Conan' Shamrock? [Re: Cord]
Ayub Offline
heartbreaker, lifetaker

Loc: London, UK
Sounds like a good idea but do you think Ken will be up for that?

I think Shamrock would make a great aging Wolverine. Hopefully one a lot more agressive than the pansy in X3.

#278989 - 08/13/06 02:49 PM Re: Ken 'Conan' Shamrock? [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
You may be on to something. Conan had seen many battles so would carry many battle scars. Ken's nose looks like he has seen one to many battles ... though he needs to be taller ... but you can always find shorter actors.

#278990 - 08/13/06 04:22 PM Re: Ken 'Conan' Shamrock? [Re: Ayub]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Quote:

I think Shamrock would make a great aging Wolverine. Hopefully one a lot more agressive than the pansy in X3.

There is going to be a 'darker' stand alone wolverine movie, and it will still be Hugh Jackman. I actually like his young Clint Eastwood impression for wolverine, and blame the script writers/director for punking the integrity of the character to ensure a child friendly rating.
wolverine was turned into a punchbag for fashion models in 1 and 2. No way Weapon X would get owned by Mystique the way he was, and as for Lady Death Strike- that was just insulting.

They better let Him wet his claws in the spin off

#278991 - 08/13/06 07:50 PM Re: Ken 'Conan' Shamrock? [Re: Cord]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA

Quote:

wolverine was turned into a punchbag for fashion models in 1 and 2

WTF? Did we watch the same flick in X2? Wolverine had a great scene in the mansion where he displayed his "berzerker rage" by taking out many soldiers - permanently. I thought that scene was very true to how his character was portrayed in the X-Men comic series. You can't expect him to be that way in every scene, any more than he was in the comic books.

I agree that he would have shredded Mystique instantly, no matter what her MA skill level. But Death Strike was a female version of himself, and I thought that scene was very good, too.

*tightens dentures whilst awaiting Cord's and Ayub's wrath*

On topic -

Shamrock as Conan? Interesting....I suppose his acting couldn't be any worse than what Arnold's was, when he did it.

Edited by MattJ (08/13/06 07:57 PM)

#278992 - 08/14/06 07:36 AM Re: Ken 'Conan' Shamrock? [Re: MattJ]
Cord Offline
Prolific

yeah they let him have some fun in the mansion scene, just like he started promisingly in Number 1 with the cage fight, but its the whole 'I am a cross bloke made to look clumsy and limited in my fighting ability by wire-fu bimbo's' thing that annoys me. He was not given the animalistic agility and reflexes that the comic imbued him with. lots of people love those movies so I have come to accept my minority view on the subject, but I still think the Film Woverine had been 'fixed' by a vet in comparison to the comic original.

I will post one of RE Howards description of Conan soon- see what you think, but i think its very similar to Shamrock.

and as for Arnies acting- how dare you Sir! He is the finest Austrian Bodybuilder to ever grace our screens

#278993 - 08/14/06 12:59 PM Re: Ken 'Conan' Shamrock? [Re: Cord]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Quote:

and as for Arnies acting- how dare you Sir! He is the finest Austrian Bodybuilder to ever grace our screens

Here here ... love the guy and his movies. He wasn't given anything but thoughs earlier parts due to his size and inability to talk proper English but as he got older he really grew as an actor. True Lies is awesome. Kindergarten Cop is hillarious. The Running Man was also a good movie and how about the Terminator series. Twins was comical, Total Recall was a cool idea, End Of Days and the 6th Day were other interesting ideas, plus who can forget his cameo in The Rundown. I'm looking forward to the release of "Crood Awakening" in 2008 which fits him perfectly.

Quote:

Plot Outline: Set in the prehistoric era, a man's position as Leader of the Hunt is threatened by the arrival of a prehistoric genius who comes up with revolutionary new inventions ... like fire.

Arnold is A.O.K. in my books.

#278994 - 08/14/06 04:39 PM Re: Ken 'Conan' Shamrock? [Re: MattJ]
Ayub Offline
heartbreaker, lifetaker

Loc: London, UK
But it wasnt just his lack of agression and 'kick ass' factor, it was also the fact that he kept on talking about his feelings and love for Gene.

Arnie is the man, to a certain extent. Its understandable about his lack of English in the early days giving him those sorts of roles, it was all about the physique then. After a while though he played some good roles, (though a little skimpy on the speech too) at the time of Terminator he was the action man! Action these days is hardly as good. Watching those films later on life (after my puberty) really hit the spot, testosterone wise , as did Rambo.

#278995 - 08/14/06 06:58 PM Re: Ken 'Conan' Shamrock? [Re: Dereck]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote By Cord -

Quote:

He is the finest Austrian Bodybuilder to ever grace our screens

LMAO

Quote by Dereck -

Quote:

The Running Man was also a good movie

Woof. Not in comparison to the book which it sprang from. The movie was a pale imitation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga